• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Mike_

Okay, thanks a lot. Just curious. I can't imagine how hard it is to get one with 5 IVs and the right nature as well.

KillerDraco

Okay, thanks a lot. Just curious. I can't imagine how hard it is to get one with 5 IVs and the right nature as well.

Well nature is simple enough to help control for if you're catching them since you can lead with a Synchronize Pokemon who has the right nature, helping to reduce the random variation a bit.

Still takes a bit of soft resetting though.

Mike_

Hi again, could somebody help me get the Eon Ticket in my Omega Ruby?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hi again, could somebody help me get the Eon Ticket in my Omega Ruby?

Currently, the only way to get the Eon Ticket is to Streetpass by someone who already has obtain it. Streetpass is Local and require the other person to be near you. There is a relay system that save a few Streetpass that you can pickup when you pass an access point. (There is a way to make a relay point at home, but I consider it Cheating, and I refuse to go in to details.)

So Unless you're in Picadilly Gardens, Manchester, UK, in the next few hours, I can't help you.

Charley

I havent played pokemon oras in forever so i need help with a few things. I completed the whole game and collected almost everything and this stuff is bugging me because ocd.

How do i get uxie, mesprit, and azelf to show up? I have three pokemon with full happiness, but it isnt showing up near sootopolis. Also what are the times in which each one shows up? Like, regular time, not military.

How do i get the spiritomb to show back up in sea mauville? I accidentally killed it in one hit. Sigh.

Wheres the lustrous orb? I know what route its on, but i cant seem to find it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I havent played pokemon oras in forever so i need help with a few things. I completed the whole game and collected almost everything and this stuff is bugging me because ocd.

How do i get uxie, mesprit, and azelf to show up? I have three pokemon with full happiness, but it isnt showing up near sootopolis. Also what are the times in which each one shows up? Like, regular time, not military.

How do i get the spiritomb to show back up in sea mauville? I accidentally killed it in one hit. Sigh.

Wheres the lustrous orb? I know what route its on, but i cant seem to find it.

1. Yes, to find Nameless Cavern, you'll need 3 max friendship Pokémon in the team and is found near Sootopolis City while soaring. According to this, Uxie is found between 8 - 8:59 pm, Mespirit during 9 pm - 3:59 am and Azelf during 4 am - 7:59 pm.

2. I think that you'll have to beat the E4 and Champion again to respawn Spiritomb.

3. According to this, the Lustrous Orb is found at the north-eastern corner free of seaweed when underwater at Route 129. Note that the item is hidden and the Dowsing Machine is not required to find it. Just keep pressing A around the area until it is found.

Charley

1. Yes, to find Nameless Cavern, you'll need 3 max friendship Pokémon in the team and is found near Sootopolis City while soaring. According to this, Uxie is found between 8 - 8:59 pm, Mespirit during 9 pm - 3:59 am and Azelf during 4 am - 7:59 pm.

2. I think that you'll have to beat the E4 and Champion again to respawn Spiritomb.

3. According to this, the Lustrous Orb is found at the north-eastern corner free of seaweed when underwater at Route 129. Note that the item is hidden and the Dowsing Machine is not required to find it. Just keep pressing A around the area until it is found.

Thank you!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but what are acceptable "proofs" for event Pokemon if you wanted to trade them in forums?

I think theery mean a picture of you getting it or a picture of the actual pokemons date etc in game.

fairycake

So I'm currently trying to get a shiny mudkip in AS via the soft reset method. I'm currently at 2,650 soft resets. I was wondering if anyone has any tips? Or is it totally just luck? I've seen some people say that it can help to restart the game after a couple hundred resets, like create a whole new save file, but does that actually do anything or is it just a rumor? :x

Thanks so much to anyone who has any advice! ♡

EonAon

So I'm currently trying to get a shiny mudkip in AS via the soft reset method. I'm currently at 2,650 soft resets. I was wondering if anyone has any tips? Or is it totally just luck? I've seen some people say that it can help to restart the game after a couple hundred resets, like create a whole new save file, but does that actually do anything or is it just a rumor? :x

Thanks so much to anyone who has any advice! ♡
Unless your doing the masuda method of breeding, the chance to get a shiny starter from soft resets is totally random

BCVM22

I was wondering if anyone has any tips?

Outside of the known methods of increasing your shiny chances (Masuda method, Shiny charm) it's pure luck. You're rolling a 1/4096 die every time you try - the odds are heavily weighted against you, and the number of attempts doesn't affect the probability.

Mike_

Another question, when receiving mystery gifts from the lady in the Pokémon Center, is it possible to soft reset for a shiny? Or are they all shiny-locked?

Charley

Another question, when receiving mystery gifts from the lady in the Pokémon Center, is it possible to soft reset for a shiny? Or are they all shiny-locked?

They arent shiny locked, they just arent meant to be shiny so they will never be shiny. Same with shiny events, they cant be unshiny. You can hack them shiny with a cheating device, which i very much hate.

Mike_

Yeah, I don't like cheating. I prefer legitimacy when it comes to events. Thank you for the information.

Last edited:

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but what are acceptable "proofs" for event Pokemon if you wanted to trade them in forums?

I'm reasonably certain that any legitimate Pokemon have a blue pentagon somewhere in their status screen. Some transferred Pokemon might not, but you can pretty much just show them the original trainer, IVs (which only works if they're not questionable or if their from an egg), and how they were met, which you can probably discern from the memory girl in Lilycove outside the Pokemon center in ORAS or outside the Anistar Pokemon center in X and Y.

AlaCritical Hit

Brother my brother
I think theery mean a picture of you getting it or a picture of the actual pokemons date etc in game.
All of the events I wish to trade are self-claimed, except most of them I did not think forward to take pictures of their Wonder Cards or the moment of my claiming them, so I wonder if a stats screen will suffice or if I'll be out of luck.

I'm reasonably certain that any legitimate Pokemon have a blue pentagon somewhere in their status screen. Some transferred Pokemon might not, but you can pretty much just show them the original trainer, IVs (which only works if they're not questionable or if their from an egg), and how they were met, which you can probably discern from the memory girl in Lilycove outside the Pokemon center in ORAS or outside the Anistar Pokemon center in X and Y.
While most event trading I see nowadays are for 6th gen events, I do have a good number of previous gen events as well. I think if you haven't done anything with your event Pokemon besides claiming them then the memory girl can be an indicator, but again, only works with 6th gen events.

AuraCaster

Grand Guardian
I need some help with getting Hoopa in Canada, I just went to a McDonalds and couldn't connect to nintendo wifi zone, if there are any Canadians who have succesfully got Hoopa at a Canadian McDonalds, how did you get them. And before anyone says it's not in Canada, I asked the clerk and they said there was one for Hoopa. How do I connect to the nintendo wifi zone, or is there another way of retrieving it?

Charley

So yesterday I tried getting a seedot off the gts for my lotad. I got the black error message.

I went on the gts and was able to trade any other pokemon.

I tried that same seedot, and I got the black error message again.

Is that seedot hacked or maybe glitched? It's the only pokemon thats doing that it seems. It's very strange.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So yesterday I tried getting a seedot off the gts for my lotad. I got the black error message.

I went on the gts and was able to trade any other pokemon.

I tried that same seedot, and I got the black error message again.

Is that seedot hacked or maybe glitched? It's the only pokemon thats doing that it seems. It's very strange.

It's most likely that the Pokémon is glitched or hacked so heavily that it causes your game to crash. Can't find any other explanation for that. And quite strangely, it managed to evade the hack checks of the GTS.

Charley

It's most likely that the Pokémon is glitched or hacked so heavily that it causes your game to crash. Can't find any other explanation for that. And quite strangely, it managed to evade the hack checks of the GTS.

Thanks for replying. It is pretty weird that it was allowed on there.