• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Jaymck2103

Hey, new to the forums so if there is a better thread to ask this on, please feel free to guide me in the right direction! I was just wondering if anyone has a hoopa they would be willing to give away? I would try my best to meet any trade requirements (however be noted I'm not exactly the best at obtaining Pokemon I'm secretly a bit of a part-time pokemon fan).

KillerDraco

Hey, new to the forums so if there is a better thread to ask this on, please feel free to guide me in the right direction! I was just wondering if anyone has a hoopa they would be willing to give away? I would try my best to meet any trade requirements (however be noted I'm not exactly the best at obtaining Pokemon I'm secretly a bit of a part-time pokemon fan).

Try the trade forum next time. Specifically, this thread.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Anyone know why the guy that gives you Sludge Bomb in Dewford Hall isn't showing up after receiving the Knuckle Badge?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Anyone know why the guy that gives you Sludge Bomb in Dewford Hall isn't showing up after receiving the Knuckle Badge?

You need to win the Balance badge first.

I am currently going through another play through of Alpha Sapphire and would appreciate suggestions for my team. There are a few things I want to have in my team which are:

No same-typings

No Non-Hoenn Pokemon

Here is my current team:

Treecko

Ralts

Taillow

All suggestions are welcome, thanks.

SETH'123

Grandta
So I got an eon ticket today after coming back from town, are they still giving them out?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I got an eon ticket today after coming back from town, are they still giving them out?

Currently no from official events, but someone with an Eon Ticket in ORAS can StreetPass it to you. It was most likely a StreetPass.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
I am currently going through another play through of Alpha Sapphire and would appreciate suggestions for my team. There are a few things I want to have in my team which are:

No same-typings

No Non-Hoenn Pokemon

Here is my current team:

Treecko

Ralts

Taillow

All suggestions are welcome, thanks.

I have three options for you:
Numel/Camerupt
Electrike/Manectric
Shedinja (will have to evolve Nincada first and box the Ninjask)

And I would have another suggestion, but it depends on if you plan to evolve Ralts/Kirlia into Gardevoir or Gallade.

Last edited:

SETH'123

Grandta
Currently no from official events, but someone with an Eon Ticket in ORAS can StreetPass it to you. It was most likely a StreetPass.

Awesome, didn't think I'd ever get it by just passing someone.

Guess I'm lucky I went to town yesterday.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Pokemon bank question:

There hasnt been anyone getting their bank corrupted right. Coz i wanna transfer my mons in the bank safely. I thought i lost my X game but i found it ^^"

So is it possible for it to break...?

BCVM22

It's possible for anything to break. Society is fragile. We all live our daily lives on the precipice of doom and the total collapse of all things.

But no, while some risk is inherent to any sort of data storage, no one has reported any wide scale failures of Bank in its two years.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Pokemon bank question:

There hasnt been anyone getting their bank corrupted right. Coz i wanna transfer my mons in the bank safely. I thought i lost my X game but i found it ^^"

So is it possible for it to break...?

It's possible for anything to break. Society is fragile. We all live our daily lives on the precipice of doom and the total collapse of all things.

But no, while some risk is inherent to any sort of data storage, no one has reported any wide scale failures of Bank in its two years.

I agree with BCVM about the Possibility of Pokémon Bank "breaking", but its very low possibility. Due to it's Cloud Nature, and the way MOST cloud Storage solutions work, Your Pokémon are Probably more safe in the Bank than in your 3DS cart. I'm aware of things to make sure your Pokémon is safe.

OK, lets say for a moment: You upload your Pokémon to the US server, as you live in the US. It will copy your Pokémon from the USA Server to both the Japanese and German* Servers. So if the USA server fails you have Your Pokémon in both Japan or Germany and you don't loose them. It's almost impossible for servers in Japan, USA and Germany to fail within a short time of each other AND result in unrecoverable Data in all three locations.

I've been using Cloud data for years now. (I can date it back to 2009, but then had been using another service before that.) There are also other things that may be used to keep your Pokmond safe such as Bakcup and check sums, which I won't go in to.

*Why Germany? Nintendo of Europe is based there.

AlaCritical Hit

Brother my brother
For some reason, whenever I offer a Charmander from my Alpha Sapphire to GTS it doesn't seem to go through. Other Pokemon seem to go through fine. Anyone else having this problem? (For those of you wanting to say there are a ton of Charmander on GTS, I have tried scrolling through more than 20 pages looking for my Charmander from my other games. I doubt that it could get pushed back that far in the matter of minutes)

Also, speaking of Bank, is there a way for you to access your Pokemon if you happened to lose your DS system and thus cannot obtain its serial code any longer?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
For some reason, whenever I offer a Charmander from my Alpha Sapphire to GTS it doesn't seem to go through. Other Pokemon seem to go through fine. Anyone else having this problem? (For those of you wanting to say there are a ton of Charmander on GTS, I have tried scrolling through more than 20 pages looking for my Charmander from my other games. I doubt that it could get pushed back that far in the matter of minutes)

The best that I could say is that you were probably overlooked when others were searching for Charmander for trade on the GTS. I'm very sure that you can't look at your own trades because it wouldn't really make sense if you trade with yourself on the GTS.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Also, speaking of Bank, is there a way for you to access your Pokemon if you happened to lose your DS system and thus cannot obtain its serial code any longer?

You should, but You'll need access via your NNID details. You WILL need to make a NNID to download the Bank app.

Getting it on another 3DS, is tricky as you'd need to contact Nintendo to make the transfer if you lost the original system.

I've never tested this myself.

AlaCritical Hit

Brother my brother
The best that I could say is that you were probably overlooked when others were searching for Charmander for trade on the GTS. I'm very sure that you can't look at your own trades because it wouldn't really make sense if you trade with yourself on the GTS.

I always "trade with myself" on GTS, I mean between different game files. That's how I found out that I can't look up myself only when I offer a Charmander.

You should, but You'll need access via your NNID details. You WILL need to make a NNID to download the Bank app.

Getting it on another 3DS, is tricky as you'd need to contact Nintendo to make the transfer if you lost the original system.

I've never tested this myself.

Thanks!

Last edited:

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Im wondering do pokemon get auto levels to lv 50/100 during wifi battles with friends? I havent tried it yet soo....

Like does it work to xy as well.

Remember it was like that in hgss? :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Im wondering do pokemon get auto levels to lv 50/100 during wifi battles with friends? I havent tried it yet soo....

Like does it work to xy as well.

Remember it was like that in hgss? :)

Like yes, it should be the same with XY. When arranging battles with your friends, make sure that 'Battle Rules' set to Normal Rules, which is the default setting for 'Battle Rules'. There doesn't seem to be an auto-level option for Lv 100 but Normal Rules changes the Pokémons' levels to Lv 50.

Houka

I'm gonna start a playthrough with fairy types, and see it quite limited in this game by I got pretty much what IO need beside one Pokemon, Togepi. In the Gift page it's place below post e$ starters gifts but states you have the defeat the Primal legends. So my quest is this can Togepi obtainable before the E4?