• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'm gonna start a playthrough with fairy types, and see it quite limited in this game by I got pretty much what IO need beside one Pokemon, Togepi. In the Gift page it's place below post e$ starters gifts but states you have the defeat the Primal legends. So my quest is this can Togepi obtainable before the E4?

Yes it is. You'll just need to get the national pokedex from Birch.

Houka

Isn't teh National Dex you only get after beating the E4 I'm pretty sure he doesn't give it to you before that.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Isn't teh National Dex you only get after beating the E4 I'm pretty sure he doesn't give it to you before that.
You can get the National Dex pre-Elite Four in ORAS. I think you only have to deal with Groudon/Kyogre in the Cave of Origin first (I went to get the National Dex immediately after catching Groudon and before I got my last badge on my Omega Ruby).

Mestear

Shiny Hunter
Hi guys.

Sorry, if this question was mentioned before.

Can you say, how is it possible to obtain Thick Club for my Marowak in Oras?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Hi guys.

Sorry, if this question was mentioned before.

Can you say, how is it possible to obtain Thick Club for my Marowak in Oras?

Unfortunately, THICK CLUB can only be obtained from XY. Steal from a wild Cubone (Glittering Cave) or Marowak (Friend Safari).
Transfer said item to ORAS via trade.

1kipper

I'm looking to breed a 5-6 IV shiny timid treecko. I currently have a male treecko with 6IVs. Should I breed it with a 6IV modest/timid ditto, a 6IV adamant ditto or a 6IV female timid ditto? I currently have in daycare the 6IV timid/modest ditto with destiny knot attached & a 5 IV treecko but most of the offspring are missing an IV in HP so I'm wondering if it's because of the ditto's nature. Does the ditto's nature matter if I'm using it to transfer IVs?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm looking to breed a 5-6 IV shiny timid treecko. I currently have a male treecko with 6IVs. Should I breed it with a 6IV modest/timid ditto, a 6IV adamant ditto or a 6IV female timid ditto? I currently have in daycare the 6IV timid/modest ditto with destiny knot attached & a 5 IV treecko but most of the offspring are missing an IV in HP so I'm wondering if it's because of the ditto's nature. Does the ditto's nature matter if I'm using it to transfer IVs?
You're probably looking to breed a competitive Treecko, so breed him with a 6IV Timid Ditto and give it a Everstone to pass on the Timid Nature to the offspring. Give the Treecko the Destiny Knot and since it's 5IV, there's a very good chance it'll pass on its perfect IVs.

Nature in no way affects IVs that are passed on from parent to child.

1kipper

You're probably looking to breed a competitive Treecko, so breed him with a 6IV Timid Ditto and give it a Everstone to pass on the Timid Nature to the offspring. Give the Treecko the Destiny Knot and since it's 5IV, there's a very good chance it'll pass on its perfect IVs.

Nature in no way affects IVs that are passed on from parent to child.
Thank you for confirming this. I thought this was the case but got confused when someone offered me hacked 6IV ditto's of every nature. Both my ditto & my now sceptile have 6 IVS & timid yay. Hopefully my wonderful shiny treecko will follow. The 1st one I bred only has 4 IVs

SETH'123

Grandta
So I'm trying to breed a slowbro with 5 ivs: Hp,Def,SPA,SPD,Speed.

Here are my current breeding parents.

Slowpoke M

HP, DEF, SP.A, SPE

Slowpoke F

HP, DEF, SP.A, SP.D

Thing is though, every once in awhile a child is born with 31 ivs in attack. I thought only the parents ivs are passed down?

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
So I'm trying to breed a slowbro with 5 ivs: Hp,Def,SPA,SPD,Speed.

Here are my current breeding parents.

Slowpoke M

HP, DEF, SP.A, SPE

Slowpoke F

HP, DEF, SP.A, SP.D

Thing is though, every once in awhile a child is born with 31 ivs in attack. I thought only the parents ivs are passed down?
While you're right about the parents IVs getting passed down, only 5 of the IVs get passed down which, with 4IV parents, can easily result in something like 31/31/25/31/31/31 as the Destiny Knot doesn't pass down only the max IVs. For instance, I once was trying for a 0 Speed IV Ferroseed with a 0 Speed IV Ditto and got a Ferroseed with 31 IVs in Speed.

SETH'123

Grandta
While you're right about the parents IVs getting passed down, only 5 of the IVs get passed down which, with 4IV parents, can easily result in something like 31/31/25/31/31/31 as the Destiny Knot doesn't pass down only the max IVs. For instance, I once was trying for a 0 Speed IV Ferroseed with a 0 Speed IV Ditto and got a Ferroseed with 31 IVs in Speed.

Just hatched a 6 iv one now, is that normal?

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Just hatched a 6 iv one now, is that normal?
6IV really just comes down to luck, so I'd say you got lucky but the odds are somewhat better than if you had 1, 2 or 3 IV parents.

Maro

Soft Resetting Multiple Mystery Gifts

I'm SRing a previous Mystery Gift still on ORAS and with the impending Mystical Pokémon distribution starting next month, I am wondering what will happen if I try to receive a new Mystery Gift while still working on my current one? Anyone know?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Moving this to the Questions Thread since this doesn't need its own thread. But to answer your question, the new event just gets added to the queue after the previous events you haven't picked up yet.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Between X/Y and OR/AS, how much many Pokemon I can't catch (Not counting Legends).

You can obtain all non-event pokemon with all four games of gen 6. Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloette, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion are not required as they are mythical pokemon.

Eric42

Easy ways to make money in ORAS

.So, I am wondering if anyone has figured out any good ways to really make good money in ORAS? Just curious.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
.So, I am wondering if anyone has figured out any good ways to really make good money in ORAS? Just curious.

There are a few trainers that give out a lot of money especially when you have Amulet Coin and Prize Money O Power on. You find a couple in route 104 and another at Battle Resort. Pokemon League could be consider good to get more money.