• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Say I use a move that lowers my own stats (something like superpower) or the opponent lowers my pokemon's stats. Now say the pokémon who's stats are lowered used psych up on a pokémon who's stats haven't been raised or lowered. Would psych up make the pokémon who's stats were lowered basically be treated as nothing was lost?

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I have had the exact same Mirage Spot appear for 3 or 4 consecutive days. What's wrong with my game?

I don't remember to have changed my 2DS time or date either, so idk...

Houka

Yeah it does that from tome to time. Of course if ya did played with your 2DS clock then Daily Events are halted for few days.

Either case wait a few days and try again.

ZPM

When you go to the save menu in OR+AS as well as X&Y, why is there such a big gap between the text "Time" and the number of hours and minutes you have on that playthrough? Is that a sign there's a glitch or corruption with the save file, or is that just how the devs wanted it to appear?

The image I got off Bulbapedia shows what I'm talking about:

Save_XY.jpg

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I have had the exact same Mirage Spot appear for 3 or 4 consecutive days. What's wrong with my game?

I don't remember to have changed my 2DS time or date either, so idk...

Are you sure it's one of the actual mirage spots and not one of the legendary spots? Those will always appear if you meet the proper condition, even if you have already caught the legendary Pokemon found there.

Shadow_Latios

Boulder Trainer
Hey just a quick noobish question sorry.
I went off the game for a long time, I've switched it back on and I'm not sure whats going on. I have rayquaza but not deoxys. suggests I was half way through the delta episode or finished it but killed deoxys.

anyway was hoping someone can tell me how I can find out.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Hey just a quick noobish question sorry.
I went off the game for a long time, I've switched it back on and I'm not sure whats going on. I have rayquaza but not deoxys. suggests I was half way through the delta episode or finished it but killed deoxys.

anyway was hoping someone can tell me how I can find out.
The interactions are back-to-back, so if you have one but not the other, you probably defeated Deoxys. If you beat the Elite 4 and return to the Sky Pillar, it will be back and you can fight it again.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
If someone were to receive an egg, and then trade the egg to me for me to hatch it, would the offspring has my name as its OT, or his name?
I'm thinking of asking someone to MM for me, but when he gets the shiny, he would SR and trade the egg to me, so the shiny offspring would have my name as its OT.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
If someone were to receive an egg, and then trade the egg to me for me to hatch it, would the offspring has my name as its OT, or his name?
I'm thinking of asking someone to MM for me, but when he gets the shiny, he would SR and trade the egg to me, so the shiny offspring would have my name as its OT.

If I remember this correctly, Shiny Pokémon from eggs are determined by the OT number of the hatcher, not breeder. So If your buddy has a Shiny Poochynna egg, it may hatch out nice and Golden, but when you view it, it's the standard Grey.

This worked for Gen 4, where trading a Manaphy egg is the ONLY way to get a shiny Manaphy, not sure if there are changes since then.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
If I remember this correctly, Shiny Pokémon from eggs are determined by the OT number of the hatcher, not breeder. So If your buddy has a Shiny Poochynna egg, it may hatch out nice and Golden, but when you view it, it's the standard Grey.

This worked for Gen 4, where trading a Manaphy egg is the ONLY way to get a shiny Manaphy, not sure if there are changes since then.

Hmm, I did read somewhere that the eggs are determined by the OT or the SID or something of the trainer, but isn't the determination done when the egg is first received from the daycare? So if it is already determined / randomised that it is shiny, then wouldn't that mean anyone who hatches it would view it as shiny?

Dezerea

Catch them shinies!
Okay, so i literally joined this forum to ask this question. I finally got an Eevee thats pretty awesome now im trying to get it to evolve into a sylveon currently and it just will not evolve. the game its in was ORAS where it was bred, hatched and leveled.

It has *edit* Now three affection(in Pkmn Amie) and baby doll eyes, which is the minimum im seeing on the serebii pokedex entry for evolution, but its not evolving, and no its not holding a everstone, thats currently on another pokemon....its now sitting at level 50 and *nothing* it hasnt even tried to evolve, am i missing something?

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is there any recommended progression to catch the legendaries in ORAS? i got terrakion, uxie, groundon and the regi trio. i know that i cant get the uxie/azelf/mesprit all in one day. there are a few rules/conditions to fulfill before some appear. which legendaries are part of a given chain?

i do have most of the legendaries in that progression on my pkmn X file so borrowing pkmn to fulfill some condions is rather easy

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Okay, so i literally joined this forum to ask this question. I finally got an Eevee thats pretty awesome now im trying to get it to evolve into a sylveon currently and it just will not evolve. the game its in was ORAS where it was bred, hatched and leveled.

It has *edit* Now three affection(in Pkmn Amie) and baby doll eyes, which is the minimum im seeing on the serebii pokedex entry for evolution, but its not evolving, and no its not holding a everstone, thats currently on another pokemon....its now sitting at level 50 and *nothing* it hasnt even tried to evolve, am i missing something?

You only need 2 hearts + a fairy type move in order to get it, something may be wrong with your game because you should have gotten it by now.

swamp_swampert

Swamp master
hi, i have a hustle nidoran-m, modest nature,
how can i do to get one with timid nature and hustle?
thanks

Last edited:

BCVM22

Breed it with a Timid Ditto holding an Everstone and the offspring has a chance of having dad's Hustle ability and the Ditto's Timid nature. It's a coin flip with each egg, though, so it may take you a number of tries.

redmattuk

Question: Odds of shiny pokemon (breeding)

Hello community

I am wondering - does anyone know the odds of a shiny pokemon hatching in these circumstances?:

1. Shiny Charm in play
2. Foreign (Japanese) Shiny Ditto
3. Local (UK) non-shiny pokemon (say a Greninja)

So we are doing Siny Charm + Masuda method + one of the parents is already shiny

Does anyone know?

NB don't think it's relevant to the question but both are 6iv (I got the ditto from GTS, Greninja was my legit breeding)

Thanks!

Snoo

Work Hard, Play Hard
Hello community

I am wondering - does anyone know the odds of a shiny pokemon hatching in these circumstances?:

1. Shiny Charm in play

So we are doing Siny Charm + Masuda method + one of the parents is already shiny

Does anyone know?

NB don't think it's relevant to the question but both are 6iv (I got the ditto from GTS, Greninja was my legit breeding)

Thanks!

In Generation VI, the internal marker was moved to 0xE3. The Shiny Charm combined with the Masuda method increases the chance of hatching a Shiny Pokémon to 1/512.

Credit: Bulbapedia

:]

razor fire

Can hacked pokemon corrupt the games in any way?

I received the three legendary birds last night in shiny form, but they were hacked as they were caught at Sea Spirit's Den. Can these Pokémon corrupt my save files? Or are they safe?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Hello community

1. Shiny Charm in play

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

You can find shiny odds for every circumstance here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bUk8-H7B-JBsplxRIK-K6l_7cAK3gMVhtQk5l0gvBrk/pub

Can hacked pokemon corrupt the games in any way?

I received the three legendary birds last night in shiny form, but they were hacked as they were caught at Sea Spirit's Den. Can these Pokémon corrupt my save files? Or are they safe?
Depends on the hack and what you try to do with them. If someone goes out of their way to make them as realistic as possible, it's very unlikely that they will harm your game. If you try to use them with an online feature, you might have problems. If they didn't put effort into making them realistic, you might have problems. I'm sure there's always some risk involved, so the safest answer is just avoid them if you're worried about your game being corrupted.