1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Hydrohs, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Trainer Frankie

Trainer Frankie Nostalgia.

So the PGL will no longer work with ORAS, right? So where does that leave secret base qr code generating? Will we still be able to do that?

2. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

3. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

this question is about XY and ORAS, i got 2 ds systems and just found something that was interesting/very useful but at the same time unhelpful to me. i got X file as my main file on the 3ds and the OR on the 2ds. i was planning to start a new/independent OR save file on my 3ds but i saw that i already had my current OR run (KOR playthru) showing on the 3ds when i went to start up the OR file on the 3ds. i was planning to start a new OR ITA playthru on the 3ds but it looks like the save file is actually stored on the cartridge itself.

i cant reset my OR file just yet until i get the ORAS mega stones for temporary holding/transfer/reset. given it seems the save file is on the cartridge itself rather than on the DS system can i breed the needed ITA pkmn on the OR file after its reset on the 2ds? my new plan is to breed what i need for the X file on the 2DS, store them ingame on OR/2ds and access the needed pkmn after i put the OR cartridge in the 3ds. will this be a viable plan that wont mess anything on my planned reset OR save file? i will be storing a bunch of pkmn on my 2ds PKbank account.

4. shadowF

shadowF Well-Known Member

Hey guys, so I have my code for Volcanion. Do I have to use it before Oct 31? or can I still put my code in like lets say 2 years from now and my code will still work?

5. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

If you read the fine print on your card, there is a "must use by" date. October 31 is irrelevant - that's simply when the stores will stop handing them out - but the date is within the next few months.

6. ZPM

ZPM Active Member

How many ultraballs can I hold in OR/AS?

7. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

you should be able to hold 999 balls in the bag, i long ago maxed out many of the balls at 999 in my X file so i doubt they'd make that limit lower in ORAS.

8. ZPM

ZPM Active Member

Does anybody have any legit tips or tricks for using the DexNav?

9. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

The more you encounter a Pokemon the better ones your find. So if you want say a good Golbat, do some horde battles to rank up its encounter number. Then when it comes to hunting chain them. Always fight them, don't flee.

I have a breeding question. I have two Ferroseed with "outstanding potential" one has 4 stats in HP, attk, def & speed the other has 4 stats in HP, attk, sp. def and speed. Both have same abilities and natures. Naturally I want a 5 IV child with all them stats. Ones holding an Everstone the other a Destiny Knot.
    So why is almost every offspring downgrading to "relatively superior potential" and not outstanding. With an average of 3 IVs. Am I doing something wrong or just getting awful luck? It always seems such a chore to get from 4 to 5 IVs.

I have a breeding question.

10. Trainer Frankie

Any time something happens like recovering hp or stat boosts or whatever, when it's dealing with an odd number (for example a spd boost in battle by one stage using a stat of 81), it'll always round down, right (so in the previous example, one speed stage boost using 81 will become 121; half of 81 is 40.5 and rounding down is 40 so that's added to the already 81 spd)?

11. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

I'm 99% sure that's how it works, yes.

12. Trainer Frankie

Thanks all (for last time too).

New question. Flash fire, according to Bulbapedia, used to boost the fire move's power when it goes off, but only once (but still making the user immune to taking fire attacks). Then it changed the applying the boost to atk or sp atk but only when using a fire move using it. Now that that's the case, can the boost still go up since going by atk and sp atk (similar to stat stage boosts) or is it still only one boost like it was?

13. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

It's a single boost that only affects Fire type moves, it has nothing to do wit stat stages.

14. ZPM

ZPM Active Member

Can master balls be picked up via the "Pickup" ability?

15. Nutter t.KK

No. You can't pickup a Master Ball with the Pickup ability.

The entire List of items is shown on this page for every game released: http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/pickup.shtml

16. ZPM

ZPM Active Member

Is it possible to trade between OR&AS and X&Y without needing Pokemon Bank?

17. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

Yes.

But the ORAS mega stones and the primal orbs cannot be brought into XY.

18. ZPM

ZPM Active Member

I'm having a problem with getting Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion & Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit in my AS play-through.

I found the NPC who give out that one Ribbon if your Mon has max EVs, and I was able to get one for each of the Gen 3 starters (although two were legit traded over) but the Gen 5 legendary still won't appear. EDIT: I did not do any Super Training with any of these Mons, I just leveled them up through out the course of the game.

I also have (EDIT) five pokemon that have max friendship (the aforementioned starters plus both a flying and an electric type) but I can't get the Gen 4 legendarys to appear.

Can anyone please help?

^^^^^ I was able to figure out the problem, so never mind.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
  19. leondavid101

leondavid101 New Member

Hey guys

Hopefully this is in the right place
    I have just had the dreaded corrupt save file. Full living dex and a box full of shines all gone. Why o why did I not keep them all in my pokebank you may say. No I don't know either.
    So to the point really was wondering if there was anyone out there or a few peeps that can help me get back to there abouts with this. I get shines are gone but I I could get back to having most of the living dex that would be great

Thanks

20. Nutter t.KK

I'm not sure how you want us to help you.

If the save was Corrupted, it may already be too late, as the 3DS may have already formatted the save area. In one or two cases that I have personally experienced in older games, the save was temporarily recovered afterremoving and inserting the cart. Once I've got the game running, I usually traded or transferred out Pokémon that I wanted to keep. Eventually it would fail with no recovery.

If you're looking someone to trade with, there is always the Trade forum: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?271-Trade-Forum