• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

mbruno

Do you, in fact, have to finish the Delta Episode to get Lugia/Ho-Oh and Heatran? I know the main site says so, but the official strategy guide doesn't mention this being necessary and actually covers getting them after getting all 8 badges and before covering the Pokemon League, so I'm a bit confused.

As a reminder, in this game you get the National Dex in Littleroot Town after getting the 8th badge.

Just ignore this. Turns out what was originally stated on the main site was an error on Serebii's part.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
How do we get to do the New Mauville mission ? I got the HM Surf and I defeated Norman, but Wattson is still in his gym, not like in the originals.
Do I have to surf to New Mauville myself to trigger the event ?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
How do we get to do the New Mauville mission ? I got the HM Surf and I defeated Norman, but Wattson is still in his gym, not like in the originals.

You need to beat Wallace first to enter New Mauville.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

you need to finish Cave of Origin

Pilpulp

美的
Ok so I'm about to enter the Cave of Origin. If I KO Kyogre it will appear in the same spot after I beat the elite four correct? Just being extra careful because I'd rather not have something happen and have to reset my game ;_;

edit: on the legendary page and the Cave of Origin page on this website, it doesn't mention a rematch anywhere.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Ok so I'm about to enter the Cave of Origin. If I KO Kyogre it will appear in the same spot after I beat the elite four correct? Just being extra careful because I'd rather not have something happen and have to reset my game ;_;

yes, they respawn just like every other legend

aarontmorrow

Okay so I'm stuck. I'm trying to find the scanner in the ship but it's not there. What all do I have to do before I can find it? I've been all over the bottom floor covered in water & I've clicked A a thousand times to try and find it but it's definitely not there. What do I do?

Piplup-Luv

Piplups Are Awesome
So for the TM Sky Drop, it says you can get it in Mauvile City on the TM page, but that's very vague; do you get it from a trainer or a random shop? You can't get it in the pokemart.

Also, I seem to be having money issues in the game and it makes buying potions difficult. Is the coin that gets you more money if its held by a pokemon that goes into a trainer battle in the game at all or is there an easy way to get money and I just don't know it?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
So for the TM Sky Drop, it says you can get it in Mauvile City on the TM page, but that's very vague; do you get it from a trainer or a random shop? You can't get it in the pokemart.

there's a woman in the Poke Mart who gifts it to you

Also, I seem to be having money issues in the game and it makes buying potions difficult. Is the coin that gets you more money if its held by a pokemon that goes into a trainer battle in the game at all or is there an easy way to get money and I just don't know it?

you get Amulet Coin from your mom after beating Norman

ToxicAtom

Sun Deity
Does anyone here know what songs you can use in Wi-Fi battles, and what song number they are?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive

I dont remember exactly from who but I received it from a person who made a comment relating to fears or thrills or something of the sort.

ChicaSkas

Does anyone know where I can find a trainer with a sableye in Omega Ruby? I need it in my pokedex so I can get one via GTS
just scroll down in GTS to "What Pokemon" and type in Sableye. You dont need to have ever seen one to RQ one via GTS.

Is anyone else having issues connecting your 3DS to the Internet?
I'm trying to use wonder trade and I keep getting a connection error.
However, when I check my wifi status and test the connection, everything is fine.
Can't figure out what's wrong.

Is anyone else having issues connecting your 3DS to the Internet?
I'm trying to use wonder trade and I keep getting a connection error.
However, when I check my wifi status and test the connection, everything is fine.
Can't figure out what's wrong.

It's probably just an overabundance of traffic on the servers. Try again during non-peak hours, see if that helps.

So... the site says the Flamethrower TM is in Victory Road. I've looked everywhere and I can't find it.
not sure how much this will help, but the official guide says it's on B1F (the floor that also has a Full Restore, Max Elixir, and PP Up.)

EDIT: "Surf back into VR and land on the west bank. Go north and battle Expert Theodore, then keep heading north to find 2 big boulders. Shove the 1st boulder to the east so that you may reach the 2nd boulder, then shove the 2nd boulder twice to the north and twice to the east so that you may claim TM35."

Last edited: