• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

I went to page 15, couldn't find a response to the question 'Is Destiny Knot available besides using Contests in Ruby/Sapphire?'

Basically I would prefer to not trade mine from X/Y if avoidable, and I have a pure hatred for contests.

My game is past the Delta event and I have beaten the Champion (dont want to spoil) for his mega stone. Any advice would be appreciated.

-note: I have beaten the couple on the Abandoned Ship at least 6 times with no Destiny Knot. I am unconvinced that method works.
do you mean Young Couple Lois & Hal? the official guidebook says there's a 10% chance of getting a Destiny Knot from them.

I think they're your best bet, otherwise the guide just says "Sometimes picked up by a Pokemon with the Pickup Ability"

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
do you mean Young Couple Lois & Hal? the official guidebook says there's a 10% chance of getting a Destiny Knot from them.

I think they're your best bet, otherwise the guide just says "Sometimes picked up by a Pokemon with the Pickup Ability"

So its a chance, that sounds better. Any helpful advice on 'resetting' them faster? It seems to happen at random time X, Y, and Z for the last 10 or so defeats.

e: Apparently its possible to Soft Reset the game to repeatedly do this. I'll give that a shot and report back (source http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792672-pokemon-alpha-sapphire/70659552 )
I can confirm that Soft Resetting works. Save in front of the couple, and reset the game (hit L+R and A+B at the same time) and keep reloading and beating them until you get the item.

Cheers to the rest of the Breeders out there!

Last edited:
Is the Tyranitarite a post game mega stone?

Because I'm looking in the area it says it's located (From the main site - "bottom right of route (Jagged Pass) by small patch of grass"), but there's no sparkly spot.
Hell, I've checked the entire Jagged Pass, no luck.

Is the Tyranitarite a post game mega stone?

Because I'm looking in the area it says it's located (From the main site - "bottom right of route (Jagged Pass) by small patch of grass"), but there's no sparkly spot.
Hell, I've checked the entire Jagged Pass, no luck.
not postgame, but after you catch or defeat Groudon/Kyogre.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
These special Pokeballs are scattered around various Pokemarts.

Fallarbor - Dive, Dusk, Quick
Verdanturf - Heal, Luxury, Nest
Rustboro - Net, Repeat, Timer

You can't buy all types in one place sadly.

Or simply use the AreaNav. Select the Secret Bases option. Locate your base, then insta-Fly.

I tried this and it only took me to the route :(.....

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
So when trying to get Regigigas, I fulfilled everything but he didn't appear in the cave. I think the bigger mistake was that I tried changing the clock setting to make it daytime in OR and Regigigas still didn't appear. Would that change significantly or just wait till it's actual daytime?

Also, I couldn't find the Timer Balls in Rustboro City even though I checked on the Pokemart several times. Anyone know what's up?

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
I want to play Omega Ruby on the red and white 2DS and switch to my usual 3DS when there's no battery left...Will it create issues with time based events?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
So when trying to get Regigigas, I fulfilled everything but he didn't appear in the cave. I think the bigger mistake was that I tried changing the clock setting to make it daytime in OR and Regigigas still didn't appear. Would that change significantly or just wait till it's actual daytime?

Also, I couldn't find the Timer Balls in Rustboro City even though I checked on the Pokemart several times. Anyone know what's up?
Changing the time will temporarily "freeze" daily events, so you have to wait for time to naturally past before you can catch it. As for the Timer Balls, they should appear in Rustboro's Pokemart after you clear the rocks in Rusturf Tunnel and have spoken to the scientist that appears near Rusturf Tunnel's entrance after you have performed the aforementioned task.

Last edited:

slowdude

Heh found a Yellow Petilil, thought it was Shiny but no. Weird. Every other sprite i can find in game and on the internet shows its normally green and shiny is Yellow. I'm confogl'd over this.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Anyone happen to know if the Eon Ticket Lati@s can be shiny? I'm getting the ticket on the 6th December in the Netherlands and really want to softreset for it.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Anyone got a full list for custom battle music on Wifi?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Patman1016

The mirage spot portals are not responding, it has been a day for the nameless cavern and I have never used the trackless forest. I can get to them just fine but it tells me there is a strange ring floating in the sky. I can get the cloud with tornadus. The fabled cave works fine as well. Please help

Last edited:

welcometorapture