• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Solidus88

Could you please help me?

I defeated Kyogre in Stroy cause for easy resetting... i finished Elite four now and also Delta Episode... where can i find Kyogre?

Also i defeated Deoxys for resetting, again question is, where can i find Deoxys now?

Thanks but what about latios and latias
I assume they're not listed because, with the Eon Ticket, they're technically not version-exclusive. without the Eon Ticket, it's Latios in OR and Latias in AS (whichever one you see during the game's intro.)

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Could you please help me?

I defeated Kyogre in Stroy cause for easy resetting... i finished Elite four now and also Delta Episode... where can i find Kyogre?

Also i defeated Deoxys for resetting, again question is, where can i find Deoxys now?

from what I head, deoxys should be at the top of the sky pillar, and kyogre is inthe room on the right in cave of origin.

Solidus88

Okay thank you!

Sorry but i dont understand Kyogre because iam playing german version and the names of places are a little bit different.

Is Kyogre in the place where you battle him during the story or is he in the room where he is wake up by team aqua?

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
I assume they're not listed because, with the Eon Ticket, they're technically not version-exclusive. without the Eon Ticket, it's Latios in OR and Latias in AS (whichever one you see during the game's intro.)

Ok thank you

Yeah idk how to get an eon ticket but I dont have the games anyway so

Torpoleon

With the Eon Flute, doesn't that mean that I really don't need to teach any of my Pokemon Fly?

Sakaali

Do the nature and IVs of Kyogre/Groudon reset when they respawn after elite 4 or are they set when you first encounter them?

Sarleekotcam

The Real Tsareena
I just noticed that when I look at the summaries for the pokemon in my party there is a little smiley face stamp. Does anyone know why?

Akashin

With the Eon Flute, doesn't that mean that I really don't need to teach any of my Pokemon Fly?

Flying is a tiny bit faster (by seconds, I would guess), but technically yes. I haven't used any method of flying besides Latias since I got the Flute.

I just noticed that when I look at the summaries for the pokemon in my party there is a little smiley face stamp. Does anyone know why?

The smiley face means your pokemon has and has been cured of (though still reaps the benefits of) Pokerus.

Nabbit

*Trips on ice*
So I have a problem...

I got the clear bell for Ho-oh after I gave Captain Stern the scanner, and so I went back to Sea Mauville. I got a message saying that the clear bell was glowing. I found Ho-oh's portal, and interacted with it. Like normal, Ho-oh appeared before me. I soft resetted a few times for a shiny Ho-oh, but was unsuccessful. I decided to take a break, leave the area, and come back tomorrow.

I come back the next day to Sea Mauville, but it was different. I got no message about a glowing bell, but the portal is still there. When I try interacting with it, I only get the message, "A mysterious ring is floating in the air..." and the game turns me away from the portal.

I thought there might have been a 24 hour reset time for the portal, but I came back this morning and it still turns me away. I feel like I totally screwed myself out of catching a Ho-oh by leaving... is there anything I can do to fix this?

I plan on using
Mega Altaria
Hyper Voice
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Ice Beam

EVs: Going to SP ATT & SPD

However becuase of these IV's im stuck between two:

Swablu #1 (Mild)
IVs: 18 / 1 / 24 / 31 / 29 / 14 (good DEF, SP ATT, SP DEF, whatever HP & SPD)

Swablu #2 (Modest)
IVs: 31 / 31 / 23 / 1 / 31 / 12 (good everything with bad SPD and terrible SP. ATT)

Yea I would easily go for #2 (especially since its higher level + has hyper voice already) but that 1 IV in its SP ATT (which is what I want) is terrible.

So any advice on who to pick? Also generally when are IVs better than natures and vice versa?

(NOTE: I dont do online competitive battling, I just play locally with a few friends. I've always done natures and since super training came out I started EV Training. I just dont like having bad stats ._.)

Last edited:

mewtwos

Smell ya later!
So I have a problem...

I got the clear bell for Ho-oh after I gave Captain Stern the scanner, and so I went back to Sea Mauville. I got a message saying that the clear bell was glowing. I found Ho-oh's portal, and interacted with it. Like normal, Ho-oh appeared before me. I soft resetted a few times for a shiny Ho-oh, but was unsuccessful. I decided to take a break, leave the area, and come back tomorrow.

I come back the next day to Sea Mauville, but it was different. I got no message about a glowing bell, but the portal is still there. When I try interacting with it, I only get the message, "A mysterious ring is floating in the air..." and the game turns me away from the portal.

I thought there might have been a 24 hour reset time for the portal, but I came back this morning and it still turns me away. I feel like I totally screwed myself out of catching a Ho-oh by leaving... is there anything I can do to fix this?

The same thing has happened to me with the Merspirit/Azelf/Uxie, maybe try defeating the elite four again and it will work?

ShineX

So, I was just walking around route 110, underneath the cycling road. My DexNav started beeping, and I saw a shadow with a shine above it. I started sneaking towards it, when this stupid trainer saw me and battled me. Ofcourse my DexNav pokemon was gone afterwards.

Does anyone know what it means when a DexNav shadow has a shine above it? Please don't say it was a shiny.. :(

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Yeah, as BCVM22 said, it's just a regular Voltorb. So unless you really wanted a Voltorb, you didn't miss out on anything. The shadows tend to resemble the shape of the Pokémon you'll encounter so I guess Game Freak just thought a glowing sphere best represented a Voltorb. But I got my hopes up the first time I saw one, too.

Starforce2

edit: nevermind figured it out. New problem.

I am trying to get the TM 36, sludge bomb, from the "collector" in Deford town. However the character doesn't seem to be in the building. The table in the back of the guide indicates I need the knuckle badge, which I have. But I still can't find him and I've talked again to everyone in the building. I've tried leaving with the boat and returning and even shutting the game off and restarting it but no luck. Anyone know if this is a mistake or what?

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Need a little help. I just picked a shiny beldum via wifi. But, i have yet to claim it. Anyways! my mudkip is a terrible nature, so i'm going to restart. If i restart the game, will i lose my chance for the shiny beldum, from the wifi event?