• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Dumb question on serial codes. How does one obtain them and where does one enter them? And how do you turn on Street Pass on the Buzz Nav? All I see is someone speaking about local news.
 

BCVM22

Well-Known Member
Serial codes are obtained on cards handed out by at events and retail locations (the Eon Ticket will not be handed out widely to the public in this fashion in the USA, pursuant to what I'm sure is the next question).

They're entered in the Mystery Gift option on the game select menu and require an Internet connection.
 
Serial codes are obtained on cards handed out by at events and retail locations (the Eon Ticket will not be handed out widely to the public in this fashion in the USA, pursuant to what I'm sure is the next question).

They're entered in the Mystery Gift option on the game select menu and require an Internet connection.

Thank you. And I'm assuming they can't be recycled?
 

Aquarelle

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Question: To get Wally Battle 3 (the 60's battle), do you have to beat the Chantelaines the first time (at 21 on regular) or the second time (50 on Super)? The site is unclear on it.

-James

The main site's Wally page does say that you need to beat one of the Chatelaines in a Super battle (so, 50 wins) and get the trophy.
 

Aquarelle

Well-Known Member
Staff member
It seems like a rough requirement for it. I'm wondering if it was an error. Has anyone tested it out? I'm still catching legendaries at the moment.

-James

I haven't reached that part of the game yet, but from what I've read about other people's experiences, that does seem to be the way to get the rematch. I also just looked at a video about it, and there was a cut scene with Wally after the person got the trophy and then they were able to battle him again.
 

MarioGamer159

Well-Known Member
I've got a question. So let's say you have a shiny Pokemon become a contest star, what happens?

I'm wondering if the shiny animation and the contest star animation clash or if they somehow both play out. Also sorry if this has been asked, my search turned up nothing.
 
So, I've been trying to breed a Feebas with Calm nature and Swift Swim, but every single egg I hatch seems to only produce Feebas with Oblivious. Is it because I attached an Everstone to the mother, who also has Oblivious, or am I just super-duper-unlucky this morning?
 

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
So, I've been trying to breed a Feebas with Calm nature and Swift Swim, but every single egg I hatch seems to only produce Feebas with Oblivious. Is it because I attached an Everstone to the mother, who also has Oblivious, or am I just super-duper-unlucky this morning?
The Everstone has nothing to do with this, breeding mechanics makes it that when a female Pokémon with two possible abilities is bred, there is a 80% chance the offspring will have the mother's current ability (in this case Oblivious) while there is a 20% the offspring will have the alternate ability (in this case Swift Swim). Just keep breeding, you will get a Swift Swim Feebas eventually.
 

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Is Deoxys required to complete the National Dex now that it's catchable? Also, do I need to catch Rayquaza to fight Deoxys or can I knock out both and catch then later?

EDIT: Just KOd Rayquaza and it keeps reappearing with Zinnia telling me to catch it.
 
Last edited:

AD95

Well-Known Member
Is Deoxys required to complete the National Dex now that it's catchable? Also, do I need to catch Rayquaza to fight Deoxys or can I knock out both and catch then later?

EDIT: Just KOd Rayquaza and it keeps reappearing with Zinnia telling me to catch it.

You have to capture rayquaza, but you can defeat Deoxys and capture it later at the sky pillar.
 

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Hello ^^
I'd love to start hunting for a shiny Zekrom, And I was wondering when he'll be available?
At the moment I'm in victory road but I was hoping Zekrom would be available now, So I could beat the game later.
 

BCVM22

Well-Known Member
You could leave Victory Road this very second and go engage in the tedious rolling of the dice that would be soft resetting for a shiny Zekrom if you wanted, provided you have a Level 100 Pokémon to stick on your team per the requirements.

Logistically, you'd be doing yourself a favor finishing Victory Road and reaching the League plateau so you can Fly or Soar back there when you're done, rather than having to essentially redo the dungeon.
 

sinichi

New Member
ok here is a doozie, i have my pokemon x game downloaded to an sd card as well as my pokebank. before oras was even really nearing its release date i transfered all my pokemon from y and previous versions to my pokemon x on the sd using pokebank. Now that oras is out i was going to try and get them from x to OR but alas pokebank needs an update and i dont have enough blocks, and the only to programs on my sd card are x and pokebank. so i cant move the pokemon because i cant update the card. i have another sd card but it isnt any bigger=[ and i only have 1 3ds and 1 original like 2005 ds (lol) how can i get the pokemon from an sd card copy of x to a hard copy or OR without pokebank and 1 ds or am i stuck and lose all my pokes ive been moving from game to dame since gen 3 ?
 

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
ok here is a doozie, i have my pokemon x game downloaded to an sd card as well as my pokebank. before oras was even really nearing its release date i transfered all my pokemon from y and previous versions to my pokemon x on the sd using pokebank. Now that oras is out i was going to try and get them from x to OR but alas pokebank needs an update and i dont have enough blocks, and the only to programs on my sd card are x and pokebank. so i cant move the pokemon because i cant update the card. i have another sd card but it isnt any bigger=[ and i only have 1 3ds and 1 original like 2005 ds (lol) how can i get the pokemon from an sd card copy of x to a hard copy or OR without pokebank and 1 ds or am i stuck and lose all my pokes ive been moving from game to dame since gen 3 ?
Your only solution seems to be to get a larger SD card and use a computer to copy all your files over to the new one. SDs are fairly cheap.
 

sinichi

New Member
is that safe? will the game data be saved? because since all the pokes are on the game not the bank they cant be recovered via cloud is something goes bad =[
 

Hasty

Moonside
Are the words you enter when some NPCs ask for it (Gabby & Ty, etc), which will be shown on the BuzzNav, deletable/changeable?
 
Are the words you enter when some NPCs ask for it (Gabby & Ty, etc), which will be shown on the BuzzNav, deletable/changeable?

I have yet to find a way to delete/change the one's from Gabby & Ty, however there are others from random NPC's in buildings where you can get out or change rooms and come back in and they'll ask you the same thing again, so you can get a chance to change those, at least.
 
Top