• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
StreetPass only applies to local wireless communications, so no. BuzzNav notifications via the Internet are unrelated.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
StreetPass only applies to local wireless communications, so no. BuzzNav notifications via the Internet are unrelated.

This is not true.

You can StreetPass people on the Passerby list, as well. I think you can get up to 30 random StreetPasses when you connect to the internet. You can obtain Mirage Islands, the Crescent Isle, and Secret Bases, so I would assume the Eon Ticket as well.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Have the QR Code to any all-defensive Blissey Bases?

I wish I did, as it would make leveling pokes a heck of a lot easier. >.<

This is not true.

You can StreetPass people on the Passerby list, as well. I think you can get up to 30 random StreetPasses when you connect to the internet. You can obtain Mirage Islands, the Crescent Isle, and Secret Bases, so I would assume the Eon Ticket as well.

The Eon Ticket has been confirmed to not spread through WiFi. Sorry.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
You can exchange information in ORAS with Passerby, but that's not StreetPassing; it won't be listed on your 3DS's notifications as a StreetPass for any game, since it's not native to your system and is conducted over the Internet.

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
Concerning the shiny encounters for DexNav chains, it hasn't been officially confirmed as far as I'm aware, but it's pretty much like the radar chaining in previous games. Only now it's easier since you don't have to worry about breaking your chain by waking into a bad patch of grass. I used DexNav to catch 3 shinies before even beating the League.

So you don't need an official confirmation to know that yes, it works.

Eclair~

ES member Eclair
Here's a unique question, does anyone here not have the ORAS special demo code? I have 2 codes I need to get rid of so if you don't have it yet and have a US 3DS then these codes will work for you. (1 per person) If anyone here wants them, please say so and the 1st two people to do so I'll PM you the code.

P.s. Technically I am helping ORAS players out, just in a different way. ;)

Eclair~

ES member Eclair
*Excuse double post*

I wish I did, as it would make leveling pokes a heck of a lot easier. >.<
TADA! :D https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3GsfX8CcAACkuG.jpg:large

And for anyone needing the low down or a tip to easily KO them and lv. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5fErc2tWD8

I can also confirm this DOES work, got all my mons lv. to 100 in just 2 days worth of these using this method. (Pst, I have a LOT of mons that went to 100, more than 10 mind you)
Anyway, Christmas has come early for you Krishnath (wish granted) and anyone else who uses this method. :)

unicornhiccup

bye cruel people
I don't get what streetpass is.

I'm assuming you turn it on when there's an event nearby and you get the event or something, idk. Its weird because i think it isn't meant for just pokemon so I don't get how it works at all. Like how would I be able to get the eon ticket or cresent isle from that?

BCVM22

It's communication over a local wireless connection between two systems close enough to one another, allowing systems to send game data to one another "transparently and without requiring any user input." The feature itself has nothing to do with most events, though the same local wireless connection is used for obtaining in-store events.

Pursuant to OR/AS, if you pass by someone whose game has the Eon Ticket (or Crescent Isle that day) and both of your systems are on and have StreetPass activated, the data beams to your system automatically.

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/streetpass.shtml

Legendary Dreams

This is probably a silly question, but what's the failsafe for Regigigas before completing the Primal Groudon/Kyogre Storyline? You can catch the Regi Trio before completing the Primal Storyline, so does it mean the girl does not simply talk about Regigigas until post-Primal, or does Regigigas simply not appear?

I want to catch the Regi Trio before moving on to the Primal Storyline, but am not sure whether this might permanently deny me Regigigas.

BCVM22

I'm not sure where the confusion stems from. Regigigas doesn't appear on its own and has to be activated by the specific combination of requirements, including the girl having mentioned it to you, and the time of day. Unless you do all that (plus jumping through the weirdball hoops with Regice), Regigigas will not appear. And even once it appears, if you don't capture it and instead defeat it, it will reappear with an Elite Four completion, the case with every one of the available Legendaries in the game. Rayquaza is the sole exception and only then because it's a mandatory capture to advance.

It is outright impossible to permanently deny yourself the chance to catch any given Legendary. The days where you could accidentally run from a Legendary bird or Mewtwo and that would be that are long in the past.

Legendary Dreams

The issue is that the National Dex isn't unlocked until the Primal Storyline is resolved, but every condition seems to be able to be triggered prior to that. So how does Regigigas factor into the equation, either there is a condition (such as the girl not talking) that cannot be fulfilled before the Primal Storyline, or that simply Regigigas does not appear at all despite all the conditions are met since there is no National Dex yet.

I just don't want a case the game registers me having met every criteria to summon Regigigas before the Primal Storyline and simply does not summon Regigigas for the rest of the game as a result.

Or to put it simply, what happens if you tried to unlock Regigigas before the National Dex?

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
The issue is that the National Dex isn't unlocked until the Primal Storyline is resolved, but every condition seems to be able to be triggered prior to that. So how does Regigigas factor into the equation, either there is a condition (such as the girl not talking) that cannot be fulfilled before the Primal Storyline, or that simply Regigigas does not appear at all despite all the conditions are met since there is no National Dex yet.

I just don't want a case the game registers me having met every criteria to summon Regigigas before the Primal Storyline and simply does not summon Regigigas for the rest of the game as a result.

Or to put it simply, what happens if you tried to unlock Regigigas before the National Dex?

One of two things would logically happen: Either it works without a hitch (much like if you get a non-hoenn pokemon via wondertrade/gts. Or it simply doesn't activate until the Primal Storyline has been resolved. Either way, it will not prevent you from getting it. At most it will delay it.

Legendary Dreams

One of two things would logically happen: Either it works without a hitch (much like if you get a non-hoenn pokemon via wondertrade/gts. Or it simply doesn't activate until the Primal Storyline has been resolved. Either way, it will not prevent you from getting it. At most it will delay it.

Thank you. I think I will try it out after I get the Regi Trio. I was wondering about this because the main site didn't state that you had to clear Primal Groudon/Kyogre for Regigigas (as opposed to Lugia/Ho-Oh, and the rest of the Legends are Soaring-based, so they're automatically out).

I'm probably just being paranoid that there may be possible problems/glitches from doing that, ironically because of the specific precise requirements making me worry that there is no other failsafe than the requirements themselves. I should have more confidence in Game Freak, pretty sure they expected people to try this anyway.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
What level, without badges, will a pokémon obey the trainer at?

I want to trade in a level 1 I want to treat as my starter, but want to know what level it will start disobeying without any badges.

Pink Harzard

So majestic

I want to trade in a level 1 I want to treat as my starter, but want to know what level it will start disobeying without any badges.
Once you get it at level 11, it will disobey you.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord

No badges: Level 10

Rock Badge (Roxanne): Level 20

Knuckle Badge (Brawly): Level 30

Dynamo Badge (Wattson): Level 40

Heat Badge (Flannery): Level 50

Balance Badge (Norman): Level 60

Feather Badge (Winona): Level 70

Mind Badge (Twins): Level 80

Rain Badge (Wallace): All Pokemon.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks you two.