• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks. I asked Archangel about this because of an idea for a thread I had which would be transferring pokemon between the Gen VI games for those of us that do not have a second 3DS or are unable/unwilling to pay a fee for that end and he said there wasn't any demand for the thread because of pokebank. So, ruling out pokebank, a second personal 3DS system and a proper thread, what are my options to get a few pokemon from my Y game to OR?

Those are really your only options, unless you're willing to trust random strangers to hold your Pokemon for you temporarily, which I'd recommend against. Just paying the $5 is a much better idea.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I'd actually suggest getting a secondary DS system (or if a friend has one, borrow theirs). Pokebank prevents the transfer of items, which may not seem like much, but in actuality hampers the ability to build "proper" teams without using the trade forums a ton.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'd actually suggest getting a secondary DS system (or if a friend has one, borrow theirs). Pokebank prevents the transfer of items, which may not seem like much, but in actuality hampers the ability to build "proper" teams without using the trade forums a ton.

are you seriously suggesting dropping $100+ on another game system in order to avoid paying a $5 fee

jesus christ

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
are you seriously suggesting dropping $100+ on another game system in order to avoid paying a $5 fee

jesus christ

Mye was talking about transfer of items, which Bank cannot do.

......I'm not saying shelling out $100 primarily for transfer of items is a good idea, though.
Nearly all of items available in X/Y are also available in OR/AS anyway, the only thing you'll want to transfer are BP items, which are like.....6-10 items at most?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
items are totally fungible, though, and the OP seemed to realize this, hence why they weren't mentioned prior in that context

Nearly all of items available in X/Y are also available in OR/AS anyway, the only thing you'll want to transfer are BP items, which are like.....6-10 items at most?

It is true that most of the items in X/Y are in OR/AS as well, but plenty of people want lots of certain items. And plenty of people like to start new games from time to time and not lose whatever items they want.

(deleted and reposted since it got ignored the first time)

I've tried on several occasions to get a good chain of Porygon going at a Mirage Mountain, but every time they end up giving me the annoying "it couldn't be found nearby, try looking in a different spot" message after literally every single Porygon. I know I'm supposed to defeat them, so I do, and I don't encounter any other Pokemon between the end of the battle and clicking "search" again, and yet every single time it makes me run around until it detects another one. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord

I've tried on several occasions to get a good chain of Porygon going at a Mirage Mountain, but every time they end up giving me the annoying "it couldn't be found nearby, try looking in a different spot" message after literally every single Porygon. I know I'm supposed to defeat them, so I do, and I don't encounter any other Pokemon between the end of the battle and clicking "search" again, and yet every single time it makes me run around until it detects another one.
That's not so much of a question and more of a statement. But I will try and help you regardless, as I can sort of see your problem. The best I can come up with is that you walk a bit so that some of the grass is off screen before activating the DexNav again. I am not 100% sure it will work all the time, but it is the best solution I've got for your problem.

Mister_SGG

Hi there, I just beat the E4 and caught a Bagon (lv 40), looking for a good place to train other than Victory Road and rebattling the E4. If anyone could help me out i'd appreciate it.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Hi there, I just beat the E4 and caught a Bagon (lv 40), looking for a good place to train other than Victory Road and rebattling the E4. If anyone could help me out i'd appreciate it.

The best way to train would be to scan QR codes of Secret Bases that have teams of Lv100 Blissey. Attach a Lucky Egg to the Pokemon you want levelled, use an EXP O-Power if you have one and levelling will be easy. Keep in mind though that, once you scan a Base, you can't battle them or ask them to use one of their skills (if you make them a Secret Pal) until after midnight.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons

Trainer's Eye rematches are pretty useful. They go to around the Lv 50 range and actually are ready for a rematch fairly quickly. Once you out level them you could try the trainers on the beach at the Battle Resort, who are in the mid-60's and are will battle everyday. The Mauville Food Court also works similar to the Lumiose restaurants iirc, so you can level up there too.

EDIT:
The best way to train would be to scan QR codes of Secret Bases that have teams of Lv100 Blissey. Attach a Lucky Egg to the Pokemon you want levelled, use an EXP O-Power if you have one and levelling will be easy. Keep in mind though that, once you scan a Base, you can't battle them or ask them to use one of their skills (if you make them a Secret Pal) until after midnight.

That works too.

Mister_SGG

I don't have a clue what any of this means so i'll go with dragonking's method. thank you both anyways

Tylerinco1

I hate to sound like someone who does not need help, but I do know what you need in order to capture Coballion, Virizion, and Terrakion. The issue is not that. The issue is simply that when I approach the portal, it does not do anything.

SurrealistSmeargle

I've tried on several occasions to get a good chain of Porygon going at a Mirage Mountain, but every time they end up giving me the annoying "it couldn't be found nearby, try looking in a different spot" message after literally every single Porygon. I know I'm supposed to defeat them, so I do, and I don't encounter any other Pokemon between the end of the battle and clicking "search" again, and yet every single time it makes me run around until it detects another one. What am I doing wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything -wrong-, it's just that the DexNav can be quite temperamental, especially in areas with fairly small areas of grass. It can work, but the smaller the area where the pokemon could turn up, the more likely the DexNav is to fail. For instance, Bagon is almost impossible to DexNav for due to how small the ground-area is in its room. I think it's just that Porygon's going to be a difficult pokemon to chain. You should be able to get egg moves, etc by ranking up your encounter numbers, but in terms of actually chaining for shinies, that'll probably prove rather difficult.

I don't think you're doing anything -wrong-, it's just that the DexNav can be quite temperamental, especially in areas with fairly small areas of grass. It can work, but the smaller the area where the pokemon could turn up, the more likely the DexNav is to fail. For instance, Bagon is almost impossible to DexNav for due to how small the ground-area is in its room. I think it's just that Porygon's going to be a difficult pokemon to chain. You should be able to get egg moves, etc by ranking up your encounter numbers, but in terms of actually chaining for shinies, that'll probably prove rather difficult.

I'm more interested in chaining for one with 3 stars for IVs; I've decided that I'll be happy if a shiny shows up but I'd rather not make it the actual goal.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I hate to sound like someone who does not need help, but I do know what you need in order to capture Coballion, Virizion, and Terrakion. The issue is not that. The issue is simply that when I approach the portal, it does not do anything.

Well, if you have *three* pokemon with max effort values on your team (which is the primary requirement), then your issue is most likely that you have either changed systems or changed the system clock. Either of those two will freeze all time based events (including legendary portals) for 72 hours.

Stone Dragon

Wait, time based events will be locked for 72 hours? Is this somehow confirmed, everywhere else people are talking about just 24 hours. This could be the answer for people having trouble with the legendaries, because they are thinking events are only locked for 24 hours and wondering, why the cats won't appear. (as an example)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wait, time based events will be locked for 72 hours? Is this somehow confirmed, everywhere else people are talking about just 24 hours. This could be the answer for people having trouble with the legendaries, because they are thinking events are only locked for 24 hours and wondering, why the cats won't appear. (as an example)

It's confirmed that time-based events will be stalled for 72 hours in OR/AS if you mess with the clock.

Stone Dragon

And where has it been confirmed, if I might ask? From players confiming this, because they messed with the time? :0

And where has it been confirmed, if I might ask? From players confiming this, because they messed with the time? :0
yeah, it happened to me when I switched from my 3DS to my 2DS once. I didn't track to see if it was 72hrs exactly, but it was definitely more than a day. I'd been battling Inver everyday for a while and he turned me away for at least a couple days straight after my system switch.