• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

@Kelta: Gym badges allow you to use HMs in the field, if you have the HM and teach it to one of your Pokémon. Most gym leaders don't actually give you the HM their badge controls when you beat them, although Wallace in ORAS is the franchise's only exception to that rule, as he gives you the HM for Waterfall instead of a TM.

@The Last Jedi: Use the PSS in the PlayNav feature. You receive the PlayNav from Wally after you help him catch his Ralts.

@Julius King: Deoxys is catchable in-game without a DLC event. He's Lv.80, and you're forced to use Mega Rayquaza on him, so prepare well.

@Killermagikarp: It's a Mirage Spot. It probably just has some wild National Dex Pokémon, it doesn't appear to be any of the islands containing Legendaries that Joe mentioned on his Legendaries page.

Last edited:

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
A quick question, can you still catch Ralts in Route 102? My DexNav says I still have one Pokémon left to find.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
A quick question, can you still catch Ralts in Route 102? My DexNav says I still have one Pokémon left to find.

Yes, Ralts is still found there.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So has anyone figured out which megastones are available in the main game besides Latios, Latias, the starters, stones introduced in XY, & Sableye?

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
Yes, Ralts is still found there.

Thanks. What's the encounter rate? I've caught three Surskit, one at level 13 with Aqua Jet thanks to DexNav, but haven't seen a single Ralts.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Thanks. What's the encounter rate? I've caught three Surskit, one at level 13 with Aqua Jet thanks to DexNav, but haven't seen a single Ralts.

All I know is that they're rare; it took me about 10 minutes to find one.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Might be a while until we know encounter rates (need the data or guides to give them I imagine), but for myself it wasn't too rare; my 2nd and 5th encounter was them. :V Still rare overall though.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
It's one spot a day, or if you streetpass then you get that person's as well for the day.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
It was probably generated for that specific encounter, however, utilizing the DexNav does allow you to encounter Pokemon with their HA or special moves, so you may encounter a special Pokemon somewhere down the line. (In that specific encounter, I met a Poochyena that knows Thunder Fang. Needless to say, "Thunder Pooch" has made himself at home on my team.)

Interesting, the Poochyena I caught from that encounter knew Fire Fang. I guess it's a toss up between Ice/Fire/Thunder Fang for that encounters special move. Messed up on my Alpha Sapphire and scared it away so I can't confirm by myself.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So has anyone figured out which megastones are available in the main game besides Latios, Latias, the starters, stones introduced in XY, & Sableye?

Serebii posted about Mega Stone locations in the discovery thread.

It works with either method. The second you enter a Pokécenter with a Diancie in your possession, no matter whether in your PC box or party, you get the Diancite.

It must be in your party. I transferred Diancie via Bank, and she's in my PC box. No Diancite until I put her on my team, get out of PokeCen, then re-enter.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
When do you get the Exp Share? Does it still work like it does in XY?

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
Petalburg Woods after beating a Magma/Aqua grunt and yes.

Alright! I'm trying to train up my newly caught Ralts. So far I've got Treecko, Shiny Beldum(from the current event), and Ralts(female) in my party. I'm building a kick *** team so far, in my opinion at any rate.

graceful

So I just beat the Team Magma grunt in Petalburg Woods and got the exp. share.
Anyways, I need a Shroomish, so I've been looking around for one...can't find one. ANYWHERE. Is it even possible to catch them?! I need one for my team desperately :(

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So I just beat the Team Magma grunt in Petalburg Woods and got the exp. share.
Anyways, I need a Shroomish, so I've been looking around for one...can't find one. ANYWHERE. Is it even possible to catch them?! I need one for my team desperately :(

Shroomish is in Petalburg Woods, so maybe you're just unlucky. I've encountered one.