• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
So I just beat the Team Magma grunt in Petalburg Woods and got the exp. share.
Anyways, I need a Shroomish, so I've been looking around for one...can't find one. ANYWHERE. Is it even possible to catch them?! I need one for my team desperately :(

I caught a Shroomish in Petalburg Woods, so it's definitely possible.
I think I found mine through sneaking, but I don't remember exactly.

Edit - more ninjas

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
So I just beat the Team Magma grunt in Petalburg Woods and got the exp. share.
Anyways, I need a Shroomish, so I've been looking around for one...can't find one. ANYWHERE. Is it even possible to catch them?! I need one for my team desperately :(

I jut found one, so they're still there.

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Help please.

I wanna challenge the gym leaders with an equal team, number wise. (Example: Roxanne uses two Pokemon on her team so I am allowed two Pokemon.)

Can somebody give me the numbers for how many Pokemon each gym leader has on their team without spoiling what specific Pokemon they use, no need for Roxanne.

Thank you Serebii friends!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Help please.

I wanna challenge the gym leaders with an equal team, number wise. (Example: Roxanne uses two Pokemon on her team so I am allowed two Pokemon.)

Can somebody give me the numbers for how many Pokemon each gym leader has on their team without spoiling what specific Pokemon they use, no need for Roxanne.

Thank you Serebii friends!

Brawly has two, Wattson has three, Flannery has three, Norman has three, Winona has four, Liza and Tate have two combined, and Wallace has five.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I'm kinda confused on the trading between ORAS and XY. I've seen stuff on transfering via Pokébank, but what about the PSS?

If Pokébank is used, can the transfered pokémon be sent back to XY as long as no new items, moves and/or cosplay pikachu are trying to be sent?

What about sending a pokémon that has a move only obtained in ORAS but that exists in XY (say oddish line with moonblast or heliolisk with thunder punch)?

momopeach

Was wondering at what point in the game you can get the mega stones for the starters, including ones that you don't pick in the beginning?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I'm kinda confused on the trading between ORAS and XY. I've seen stuff on transfering via Pokébank, but what about the PSS?

If Pokébank is used, can the transfered pokémon be sent back to XY as long as no new items, moves and/or cosplay pikachu are trying to be sent?

What about sending a pokémon that has a move only obtained in ORAS but that exists in XY (say oddish line with moonblast or heliolisk with thunder punch)?
As long as the Pokémon does not know a move that only appears in ORAS, it can be sent to XY even if said move cannot normally be learnt by the Pokémon within XY.

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Brawly has two, Wattson has three, Flannery has three, Norman has three, Winona has four, Liza and Tate have two combined, and Wallace has five.

Thank you!

@Trainer Frankie: Only new moves, abilities, and items, and Cosplay Pikachu, can't be traded to XY over PSS. Cosplay Pikachu is also impossible to send to Bank. Pokémon with updated movesets (provided the move exists in XY) CAN be transferred over Bank and traded thru PSS.

@SapphSabre777: It's confirmed that any Rayquaza can be taught Dragon Ascent, not just the one you're required to catch in Delta Epsiode. Zinnia's grandmother, who hangs out in Meteor Falls post-Delta, will teach any Rayquaza you bring to her Dragon Ascent, allowing it to Mega Evolve.

@Momopeach: Post-game, there's a stone salesman on Rte. 114 who will sell you the other starters' Mega Stones. They're cheap, too; only 1500 Pokébucks. Altho he sells Hard Stones for 40,000 Pokébucks, too, and his items aren't clearly marked, so be careful what you click on.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
one: is there a way to get Water stone without Super traning?
two: How in the name of Primus do I get that TM in safari zone that requires BOTH MARCH AND ACRO BIKES! IT HAS BOTH MUDSLIDE AND WOOD STOOL AS AN OBSTETRICAL! HELP! IT IS TAUNTING ME!

edit: Also where do I find Heracross... I REALLY want that mon as my final member...

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
two: How in the name of Primus do I get that TM in safari zone that requires BOTH MARCH AND ACRO BIKES! IT HAS BOTH MUDSLIDE AND WOOD STOOL AS AN OBSTETRICAL! HELP! IT IS TAUNTING ME!

Reading the discovery thread, it seems that at some point Rydel will let you have both bikes.

one: is there a way to get Water stone without Super traning?
two: How in the name of Primus do I get that TM in safari zone that requires BOTH MACH AND ACRO BIKES! IT HAS BOTH MUDSLIDE AND WOOD STOOL AS AN OBSTACLE! HELP! IT IS TAUNTING ME!

One: Yes, most likely. Try searching around sea routes, dive spots, and watery caves, you're bound to find one eventually.
Two: You can get both Mach and Acro Bikes post-game as you talk to various people while searching for Mega Stones. Joe's still compiling the list, but he needs rest.

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks for the answers. :)

It's nice don't have to trade and can just 1 way trade via Bank. ^^

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
K thanks and about my final question: WHERE IS HERACROSS!?

SapphSabre777

@SapphSabre777: It's confirmed that any Rayquaza can be taught Dragon Ascent, not just the one you're required to catch in Delta Epsiode. Zinnia's grandmother, who hangs out in Meteor Falls post-Delta, will teach any Rayquaza you bring to her Dragon Ascent, allowing it to Mega Evolve.

Great, so the others that were saying "no" were just pulling my leg or have "hacked" ones? The wonders of heresay at a game's launch is just awesome (sarcasm). So this means a Rayquaza from Generations 3-5 can be taught Dragon Ascent? And if so, is there any proof on such? Just making sure.

Last edited:
K thanks and about my final question: WHERE IS HERACROSS!?

OK, first off, RELAX bro. You start screaming at me, I'm not gonna respond with very much kindness. You caught me in a good mood, tho, so you get a polite reminder about politeness, THIS TIME.

Second, Heracross can be found in the Safari Zone in the tall grass. It's in Area 1 or 2, I'm not sure which. There aren't any time limits, and you can use your own Pokémon and Poké Balls, so don't fret.

Last edited:

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Heracross can be found in the Safari Zone in the tall grass. It's in Area 1 or 2, I'm not sure which. There aren't any time limits, and you can use your own Pokémon and Poké Balls, so don't fret.

and which bike do I need Acro or March?

Kalla

I went to Target to pick up the games but only got Omega Ruby because apparently Alpha Sapphire had to be recalled. The clerk said there was a "manufacture" error and they pulled them all off the shelf. Does this have anything to do with the Petalburg Woods glitch? I'm having trouble finding info.