• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

I'm not sure where else to ask this, but my game crashes every time I enter a horde battle. I have no idea what to do. .-.

MaximumZero

My friend can't seem to battle the Elemental dogs (Raikou et al. )and the Swords of Justice Trio ( Terrakion et al. ) and even Azelf et al. .HE HAS MET ALL REQUIREMENTS . When he clicks on the rings , it just says "A mysterious ring is floating in the air"

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm not sure where else to ask this, but my game crashes every time I enter a horde battle. I have no idea what to do. .-.

Odd. Similar issue happened to a person here, his game crashed after he tried to exit from Petalburg Woods and later, he confirmed himself that he had a bad cartridge. Let's see if anyone is experiencing the same issue.

cypherthefallen

hey guys wondering if anyone has had any luck discovering the Pathless plains where you find the Cobalion and co. i can not seem to discover it is there any trick or requirement ?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
hey guys wondering if anyone has had any luck discovering the Pathless plains where you find the Cobalion and co. i can not seem to discover it is there any trick or requirement ?

Quoting from Serebii:

Additional Requirements: None

When Soaring around by Pacifidlog Town, you will discover a large island called the Pathless Plain. When you land, you will find a small path to a peninsula where a portal is standing. Interact with the portal and Virizion, Terrakion and then Cobalion will challenge you. The rest will appear after a certain amount of time has passed.

Elaugaufein

I've run through the early part of the game (when you get streetpass) twice now and had no horde encounters, despite filling out my DexNav fully unless I use Honey to trigger one. Random Horde Encounters in XY where kind of rare but not that rare.

Can you have Horde Encounters without using Honey/Sweet Scent ? If so when do they start occurring ?

Pink Harzard

So majestic
How do you get the Delta episode? Does it activate by itself after defeating the champion or is it event only?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I found a Minun with DexNav that knew Charm, a move that it no longer gets in ORAS through any means. Does Minun get Charm as an Egg Move now?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
I found a Minun with DexNav that knew Charm, a move that it no longer gets in ORAS through any means. Does Minun get Charm as an Egg Move now?

It is not one of Minun's Egg Moves, but it is one of its level-up moves in XY (but not in ORAS).

Edit: Ignore the above statement, did not notice some of the the updated level-up/egg moves for ORAS.

Last edited:

Mockturne

Renegade Trainer
I've been importing my teams with each generation since Emerald. Can anyone tell me if the Contest Memory ribbon (when they consolidated the contest ribbons in X/Y) get separated back out, or can I win new ribbons for the same pokemon?

Same for the championship ribbon - is it the same one or a new one?

Thanks.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Does anyone know where and when I can get surf?

In the original games it was after you get the 5th Badge. You got it from Wally's Dad. I have seen screenshots that say it is similar to that in ORAS.

To my own question: A. Do we have a place to put Secret Base Qr codes let on this forum?

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Anyone happen to know if legends are shiny locked?