• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I just beat Brawly and I have a level 17 Grovyle and a levl 13 Ralts. Who should I add between here and Mauville?

Personally, it would be hard to beat Wattson with Ralts and Grovyle. Considering Psychic and Grass type attacks won't do a considerable amount of damage to his Electric-Steel type Magnemite and Magenton. Perhaps, you should look some Pokemon at Granite Cave? Or, Cosplay-Pikachu might be another option.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
May someone please help me figure out this QR code thing?

My 3DS isn't recognizing any of the codes. It keeps saying "QR code not supported."

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Hey guys, can you get Charzadite X in Fiery path after you get strength or is it only post game?

probably after strength. I've noticed all the old mega stones can be found anytime, with the other ones post game only.

KalosChampion

Personally, it would be hard to beat Wattson with Ralts and Grovyle. Considering Psychic and Grass type attacks won't do a considerable amount of damage to his Electric-Steel type Magnemite and Magenton. Perhaps, you should look some Pokemon at Granite Cave? Or, Cosplay-Pikachu might be another option.

I suppose I could pick up an Aron in Granite Cave. What section of the cave can I get one of them?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Just a couple of question (sorry if this is the wrong place)

1. Is there a forced tutorial for Mega like they did for Lucario in X and Y?
2. Can you share screenshot on Miiverse or did Game Freak disable that?
3. How's the difficultly in this game, did Game Freak tone it down from the original?
4. How soon can we trade?

Last edited:

Kyokkai

probably after strength. I've noticed all the old mega stones can be found anytime, with the other ones post game only.

Ah, thanks. In that case I'm going to breed and train an Adamant Charmander with perfect atk and speed IV's instead of my Sp.atk/Spe one. In the event that I do find it I'll switch my Charizards lol.

Purplemaniac

Awesome Sock Monster
Where do you find Strength? I must've bypassed it sometime (just beat Norman).

Zaverxi

Ok since I apparently posted it in the wrong place, gonna ask here.

DexNav questions! Hopefully people are playing it enough to know for sure.

1. What does 'potential' mean? Is it shiny potential, or is it IV potential?
2. What do the different levels of badge mean? (gold, silver, bronze)
3. Is it just the first move slot that's potentially awesome(or not in some case.... stupid Zigzagoon with charm/growl/tail whip/sand attack) or can it be more than the one?

vladone

Is it possible to have more decorated Secret Bases?

Kyokkai

Where do you find Strength? I must've bypassed it sometime (just beat Norman).

Strange, I recall receiving it from Brendan when heading toward Fiery Path from Mauville after visiting Vendaturf and getting the Aggronite by rock smashing the rocks in the Vendaturf Tunnel.

edit- Just double checked, I got strength and I'm pretty sure that's how it happened.

I'd try doing the Vendaturf events if you haven't already. Then head back toward Fiery Path and see if Brendan shows up to give it to you. If he doesn't show up before you enter Fiery Path then something's up.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I suppose I could pick up an Aron in Granite Cave. What section of the cave can I get one of them?

Any floor except the beginning one.
That said, Aron isn't particulalry effective, either, except for tanking Voltorb's attacks, so you're best off getting a Meditite, who is in the same area, as Meditite gets Super-Effective Dighting Damage on Magneton and Magnemite.
Other than that, you're doinf fine, as Grovyle can tanks Electric attacks and Ralts/Kirlia can pierce through Wattson's mediocre to low Sp. Attack.

Purplemaniac

Awesome Sock Monster
Strange, I recall receiving it from Brendan when heading toward Fiery Path from Mauville after visiting Vendaturf and getting the Aggronite by rock smashing the rocks in the Vendaturf Tunnel.

edit- Just double checked, I got strength and I'm pretty sure that's how it happened.

I'd try doing the Vendaturf events if you haven't already. Then head back toward Fiery Path and see if Brendan shows up to give it to you. If he doesn't show up before you enter Fiery Path then something's up.

I just did Verandturf, so I'm heading to fiery path now. Fingers crossed. >.<

EKZ1505

Magikarp is the only Pokemon you can catch with the old rod, right? Or are there others (I know in previous gens there were sometimes)?

More importantly, has anyone heard anything about the method to catch Feebas? I saw a couple posts about it already but I don't think there was an answer yet. The Hoenn dex says Route 119 again but nothing about its rarity or if it's the same as the original games with the Dewford trending saying controlling the spaces it's at.

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
Magikarp is the only Pokemon you can catch with the old rod, right? Or are there others (I know in previous gens there were sometimes)?

More importantly, has anyone heard anything about the method to catch Feebas? I saw a couple posts about it already but I don't think there was an answer yet. The Hoenn dex says Route 119 again but nothing about its rarity or if it's the same as the original games with the Dewford trending saying controlling the spaces it's at.

you can catch feebas on route 119 with any rod but they are rare

Zaverxi

You can catch tentacool too, that's all I've seen so far though. Tentacools were mostly level 5, magikarp at 10.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
I'm Portuguese but I live in the UK, so we have to wait until November 28th to get the games. You guys in America, how did you get Latios/Latias ??

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Who do I tell or where do I post if I found something not updated on the site yet?

Example: I caught a Plusle while DexNaving and it's first move is Fake Tears.... Not an egg move and listed as only being able to learn it in XY at level 35... This Plusle is level 13

Master77

Has anyone nabbed the Sludge Bomb TM yet? (TM 36) TM/HM list says it's in Dewford and the guide says it's obtainable after beating Brawly but I can't get the guy who gives it to you to show up.