• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Navarch

Wow, that really stinks about how late the Dawn Stone comes in...I don't plan on using Super Training either...However, to get my Froslass, I have to get a Snorunt, who comes into the game pretty late anyway...

Magikarp is the only Pokemon you can catch with the old rod, right? Or are there others (I know in previous gens there were sometimes)?

More importantly, has anyone heard anything about the method to catch Feebas? I saw a couple posts about it already but I don't think there was an answer yet. The Hoenn dex says Route 119 again but nothing about its rarity or if it's the same as the original games with the Dewford trending saying controlling the spaces it's at.

Magikarp probably has around a 90% encounter rate or so with the Old Rod, but it is possible to catch other Pokémon--like Tentacool, Goldeen, and others, depending on where you fish--with the Old Rod, as well. The only exception appears to be the waters inside Sootopolis, which houses exclusively Magikarp for every rod except Super, which also provides a small chance of finding Gyarados.

Feebas doesn't have the same mechanic that it did in the originals, it's just a dreadfully low encounter rate with any type of fishing rod. You might have the highest chance with an Old Rod, but only due to process of elimination (meaning, you can only hook Magikarp and Feebas with the Old Rod, but the Good/Super Rods add Carvanha to the encounter pool, lowering the encounter rate of Feebas when using those rods.)

@JSLatios: Lati@s is available after the 5th gym. When you get to Rte. 18, Steven shows up as it approaches the two of you. It communicates to Steven that it's asking for your help at Southern Island, so it flies the two of you there where Team Magma/Aqua is harrassing it over its Mega Stone. You squish the grunts, and it willingly joins your party--no battle, no struggle to capture, not even a roaming hunt. It comes holding its Mega Stone, and Steven gives you the Mega Bracelet right after.

Last edited:
Don't think anyone answered my question, so I'll ask it a bit differently.

I know you can start finding them right from the start, but what's the earliest mega stone you can find?
Since I started I've been closely looking at every corner of every place so far, but I still feel like I'm not seeing anything.

Are these sparkly spots pretty easy to see for the most part?

Bluemage21

I know you can start finding them right from the start, but what's the earliest mega stone you can find?
Since I started I've been closely looking at every corner of every place so far, but I still feel like I'm not seeing anything.

well, I found the Alakazamite in Slateports MArketplace area.

Navarch

Alakazite is the first one in Slateport City's Market. The sparkling is noticeable, just a little faint, but maybe that's my lighting/brightness.

Okay, sounds like they should be pretty easy to see, and that I haven't missed totally missed any yet.
Thanks! :)

@Latch: You're the bajillionty-thousanth person to ask this, you know. Have you tried reading the thread? *sigh...* New Mauville is accessible only after beating Wallace in his gym. It's a pretty late-game mission compared to the originals.

The admins should add an FAQ to the first post to cover the most commonly-asked questions, and make it a rule to check the FAQ first before posting. It'd cut down on these headaches tremendously, both for them and for the rest of us.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
When is the "New Mauville" area accessible? I'm basically at Lilycove at this point with 6 badges in my possession.

Apparently, a person here said that it is only accessible after you beat Wallace. But still, it might be better to have a confirmation from someone who has the game at the moment.

Swilkers

I'm guessing your Swellow has two hearts at the moment. It happened me quite a few time when I'm playing with it. If it is the situation, you may increase it to three or four, so it will stop shaking.

It is said that Dawn Stone can either be found at Super Training Regime or at Victory Road.

Im thinking you can't get the Dawn Stone through the Super Secret Training. I keep doing the Gallade one over and over and only get hard stones and star dust. I have like 12 hard stones now.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Im thinking you can't get the Dawn Stone through the Super Secret Training. I keep doing the Gallade one over and over and only get hard stones and star dust. I have like 12 hard stones now.

You're given one Dawn Stone during your play through of the story. It is given to you by Wally in Victory Road. It's pretty late game unfortunately.

pokemonFRguy

Pokemon Hunter
Is there an area akin to X and Y's Friend Safari in OR/AS? If not, what seems to be the ways of obtaining Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities?

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Is there an area akin to X and Y's Friend Safari in OR/AS? If not, what seems to be the ways of obtaining Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities?

I don't know about post game yet but right off the bat you can do it with hordes and the DexNav feature.... I'm 100% sure on DexNav and guessing the horde mechanics are the same as X and Y

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Is there a special reason why you don't get your ribbons the first time you enter Contests in Slateport ?
It's odd. I managed to reach Hyper Rank after meeting with Lisia and my Ralts has no Cleverness ribbons to show for it. Why ?

Nevermind. There are just none, aside from those for Master Rank, correct ?

Last edited:
I've been searching for nearly an hour for the scanner. I'm in the ship and I've beaten the delta episode what's wrong.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Is there a special reason why you don't get your ribbons the first time you enter Contests in Slateport ?
It's odd. I managed to reach Hyper Rank after meeting with Lisia and my Ralts has no Cleverness ribbons to show for it. Why ?

Nevermind. There are just none, aside from those for Master Rank, correct ?

Yes, there are Master Rank ribbons only.