• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

vladone

I want to trade some Pokémon from my X to Alpha Sapphire for my in-game team, so before Gym 1. My question is, what level may they max. be if I want they are going to listen to me?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Could someone provide me with a list of Mega Stones only available Post Game? >.>

I'm looking for Scizorite in Petalburg Woods and I can't find it.

welcometorapture

Is Lapras available (in the wild) in OR/AS? I've tried googling and searching the dex on the main site, but no location is listed (yet) for Lapras.

welcometorapture

I know the routes but I mean as in the specifics on where to find Relicanth in those routes as there's no in-depth detail about finding Relicanth in OR & AS :/.

In the original games, you had to dive on those routes and walk around in the bushes in those dive spots. He has a really low encounter rate too.

Bluemage21

I just beat Winona and I'm currently at Lilycove. Does anyone know when you gain access to New Mauville, if at all? Obviously things have changed from the original since Wattson wasn't there to tell me about it.

MAybe you should read the thread, this question has been asked a million times.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just beat Winona and I'm currently at Lilycove. Does anyone know when you gain access to New Mauville, if at all? Obviously things have changed from the original since Wattson wasn't there to tell me about it.

You have to beat Wallace first to access New Mauville.

Rhonder

Ok new question regarding the Dex Nav again. Does anyone know if having a high search level for a pokemon has significant effects on getting rare pokemon or not? To test out, I used sweet scent on route 102 to get my search level on seedots from 50 to 100 (looking for pickpocket nasty plot) and it didn't seem much better, did like 30 more encounters and none of them seemed much better. Just for funsies decided to jump that up to 200 with more sweet scenting, still doesn't seem like I get really good ones that much more often than lv 50.

I was super sad though, At one point I found literally the perfect seedot, lv 12, 3* potential, nasty plot, /and/ pick pocket, then ran into a wild pokemon on the tile of grass before it. That sucked.

Edit:
I just have a general question for people: Do you care about natures in-game?

I don't think anyone answered you on this, but in general no. Like some people definitely do, but Natures aren't super important for in-game play (except for things like the battle maison, where the battles actually do start to get tough). Like in general, it's way too much effort to catch pokemon until you find one with a good nature since unless you have a synchronizer for that nature, it's way too random. The exception that quite a few people do, though, is breed themselves a team with good natures/IVs before they start, then just trade/bank that team over to play through with. Can be interesting, if you know what team you want, or are wanting to level up some pokes that you've bred in a fun/interesting way.

Last edited:

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
has anybody made it to sea mauville? if so, which key is the first room key you find, and where is it? cant find that. and where in sea mauville is tm13 ice beam?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Blaziken can't learn that move apparently despite what the official site claimed weeks ago.

Outrage Salamence strikes again.

Yushika

Yushi
So I traded over my Diancie that I got with a code, and I didn't receive the mega-stone. Is this happening to anyone else?

Edit; Nvm! She had to be in my party!

Last edited:

Leyniar

I've been playing around with the DexNav, it's so handy! I completed a couple of areas and for some, I got a bronze crown instead of a gold one. I can't tell what I did differently. Does it give you gold crowns when you capture at least one Pokemon with an egg move?

Thanks!

Rhonder

I've been playing around with the DexNav, it's so handy! I completed a couple of areas and for some, I got a bronze crown instead of a gold one. I can't tell what I did differently? Does it give you gold crowns when you capture at least one Pokemon with an egg move?

Thanks!

I'm fairly certain that at least early game, the bronze means that you've captured all the pokemon on land, where as there's stuff in the water that you can't get to yet. I'm basing this on the fact that route 101 is gold for me, and has no water, so I've legitimately caught everything there. Where as on route 102 for example, I've caught everything in the grass, but there's that puddle in the upper right with pokemon to catch, you just can't yet.

Leyniar

I'm fairly certain that at least early game, the bronze means that you've captured all the pokemon on land, where as there's stuff in the water that you can't get to yet. I'm basing this on the fact that route 101 is gold for me, and has no water, so I've legitimately caught everything there. Where as on route 102 for example, I've caught everything in the grass, but there's that puddle in the upper right with pokemon to catch, you just can't yet.

Ah! That makes sense! I'm still at the beginning of the game, pre-surf. Thanks!

Pilpulp

美的
I saved right as I was in the area before Latias, my question is, will Synchronize work on it? and what nature will work best for both Mega and normal Latias?