• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

I haven't played since the 4th generation, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but are we not able to move Pokemon around in the PC anymore? Do we have to manually withdraw and deposit now?

And is it true that we get to battle May/Brandon an extra time now? When does this occur and what is their final team?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
how on earth do you start that new mauville side quest to get the thunderbolt tm?
because I am currently at 6 badges and the side quest still has kick started, wattson hasn't left his gym yet so I can't start it

finish Cave of Origin

And is it true that we get to battle May/Brandon an extra time now? When does this occur and what is their final team?
yes. after you defeat Steven (like AZ in X&Y.)

Pokémon Trainer May - 906
======
Pokemon: 5
Swellow (Lv. 48) (Ability: Guts) (Moves: Aerial Ace/Quick Attack/U-turn/Steel Wing) IVs: All 20
Raichu (Lv. 48) (Ability: Static) (Moves: Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Quick Attack/Light Screen) IVs: All 20
Magcargo (Lv. 48) (Ability: Magma Armor) (Moves: Earth Power/Lava Plume/Body Slam/Rock Slide) IVs: All 20
Wailord (Lv. 48) (Ability: Water Veil) (Moves: Surf/Heavy Slam/Bulldoze/Ice Beam) IVs: All 20
Sceptile (Lv. 50) @Sceptilite (Ability: Overgrow) (Moves: Leaf Blade/X-Scissor/Dual Chop/Night Slash) IVs: All 20
======

Pokémon Trainer May - 907
======
Swellow (Lv. 48) (Ability: Guts) (Moves: Aerial Ace/Quick Attack/U-turn/Steel Wing) IVs: All 20
Raichu (Lv. 48) (Ability: Static) (Moves: Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Quick Attack/Light Screen) IVs: All 20
Wailord (Lv. 48) (Ability: Water Veil) (Moves: Surf/Heavy Slam/Bulldoze/Ice Beam) IVs: All 20
Breloom (Lv. 48) (Ability: Effect Spore) (Moves: Seed Bomb/Force Palm/Venoshock/Rock Tomb) IVs: All 20
Blaziken (Lv. 50) @Blazikenite (Ability: Blaze) (Moves: Blaze Kick/Brick Break/Quick Attack/Shadow Claw) IVs: All 20
======

Pokémon Trainer May - 908
======
Breloom (Lv. 48) (Ability: Effect Spore) (Moves: Seed Bomb/Force Palm/Venoshock/Rock Tomb) IVs: All 20
Magcargo (Lv. 48) (Ability: Magma Armor) (Moves: Earth Power/Lava Plume/Body Slam/Rock Slide) IVs: All 20
Swampert (Lv. 50) @Swampertite (Ability: Torrent) (Moves: Earthquake/Muddy Water/Rock Slide/Brick Break) IVs: All 20

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
finish Cave of Origin

SERIOUSLY?!?
I swear Nintendo/Gamefreak has become Disney evil lately.
sigh oh well, thanks for the information anyway!!! :)

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
Omfggg sooo I just read that if I have Alpha Sapphire I cannot get the Latiasite unless I get the eon flute street passed to me? T___T So much for that competitive Latias I took 4 months to get on HG.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Bronze = 30
Silver = 100
Gold = 500
Platinum = 1,000

Holy shiznit. I only have three so far. I'm going to have to do some serious farming. Sadly, I can only have as many flags as the amount of players who share their QR codes. Hopefully, as the days go by, more people will share them online.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is there any way to get through the Granite Cave without the Mach Bike? I just checked that area out and the only place I can access is the spot where you first meet Steven

Last edited:

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
Okay, two questions.
1) I have 6 level 100 Blissey with no damage-dealing or self-healing attacks that I prepared on X Version to be battleable in my Secret Base in OmegaRuby. How do I set it so that those Pokemon are used in my Secret Base team when I StreetPass people?

2) I didn't have the Secret Base item Proclamation when I opened my base. How do I get it?

Poka Freak 88

"Old" Hand
I have two questions that I was curious to know. Is the Gardevoirite only available in the post game? Also, is the lucky egg available since it wasn't in the originals?

From what the strategy guide says you can only obtain the lucky egg is by catching a wild happiny or pelpper that might be holding one.

Mokyun

Moekyunz
Could somebody add me so i can evolve my Alakazam? Please trade back obviously but I should mention it anyways ^^;

FC: 1435-4386-7399
IGN: Tom

yes. after you defeat Steven (like AZ in X&Y.)

Pokémon Trainer May - 906
======
Sceptile (Lv. 50) @Sceptilite (Ability: Overgrow) (Moves: Leaf Blade/X-Scissor/Dual Chop/Night Slash) IVs: All 20
======

Pokémon Trainer May - 907
======
Blaziken (Lv. 50) @Blazikenite (Ability: Blaze) (Moves: Blaze Kick/Brick Break/Quick Attack/Shadow Claw) IVs: All 20
======

Pokémon Trainer May - 908
======
Swampert (Lv. 50) @Swampertite (Ability: Torrent) (Moves: Earthquake/Muddy Water/Rock Slide/Brick Break) IVs: All 20
Thanks! Great to know we get to see them with fully evolved starters. The remakes seem great for the most part.

Where is the GTS in ORAS? Or is something difference since DPPt?

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I don't think this was answered yet; but I'm curious... when using the DexNav search function, does the Potential correspond to how many perfect IVs it has? (As in, if it has 3 stars, does it mean it has 3 perfect IVs?) Because if so, that would be lovely.

And another thing I've noticed. Is it just me or when I encounter one of the higher leveled Pokémon through the DexNav search function, they also have a higher chance of running away? Because I've sorta noticed the past three times I try to approach them, if I took too long, the "It ran away!" message shows up as opposed to "You've been spotted! Try moving more slowly."

Omfggg sooo I just read that if I have Alpha Sapphire I cannot get the Latiasite unless I get the eon flute street passed to me? T___T So much for that competitive Latias I took 4 months to get on HG.

That is completely and utterly false. Here's how it works, in clear and simple English:

You get YOUR game's Lati@s (LatiOs in OR, LatiAs in AS) after the 5th gym, where you go to Southern Island (NO Eon Ticket required) and get GIVEN your game's Lati@s (NO roaming, NO battle) after beating up some nooby Team Magma/Aqua grunts. It comes already holding its Mega Stone, and you're given the Mega Bracelet at the same time.

The Eon Flute is given to you after the 8th gym, and allows Soaring in the sky. You're given the National Dex at this point in the story, as well.

The Eon Ticket (a COMPLETELY different thing from the Eon Flute) is a StreetPass event that allows you to get the OTHER Lati@s NOT in your game (LatiAs in OR, LatiOs in AS) under normal play. THIS Lati@s requires a battle to capture.

The other Lati@s' Mega Stone is given to you by your mom in Littleroot Town after you beat the Delta Episode (NO Eon Ticket required.)

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
That is completely and utterly false. Here's how it works, in clear and simple English:

You get YOUR game's Lati@s (LatiOs in OR, LatiAs in AS) after the 5th gym, where you go to Southern Island (NO Eon Ticket required) and get GIVEN your game's Lati@s (NO roaming, NO battle) after beating up some nooby Team Magma/Aqua grunts. It comes already holding its Mega Stone, and you're given the Mega Bracelet at the same time.

The Eon Flute is given to you after the 8th gym, and allows Soaring in the sky. You're given the National Dex at this point in the story, as well.

The Eon Ticket (a COMPLETELY different thing from the Eon Flute) is a StreetPass event that allows you to get the OTHER Lati@s NOT in your game (LatiAs in OR, LatiOs in AS) under normal play. THIS Lati@s requires a battle to capture.

The other Lati@s' Mega Stone is given to you by your mom in Littleroot Town after you beat the Delta Episode (NO Eon Ticket required.)

I'm going to direct another question from that topic.

If you're given the Eon Flute right after you beat 8th Gym and if it allows you to soar, is it possible to fly directly to the areas such as Pokemon League without forcing us to pass Victory Road? Not that I'm going to do but still, I wonder how it works.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
If you're given the Eon Flute right after you beat 8th Gym and if it allows you to soar, is it possible to fly directly to the areas such as Pokemon League without forcing us to pass Victory Road? Not that I'm going to do but still, I wonder how it works.

you can soar above areas you haven't been to, you just can't land on them

I'm going to direct another question from that topic.

Actually, no. You can't land at places you haven't already been to. GF thought ahead on that one.

Leafy Sea Dragon

All last night I was trying to get a female Snorunt from the daycare, yet all of my resets gave me male. It took me about 25 or so eggs until I paid attention to the nature/characteristic and I noticed that they were the same... I saved before I even put the 'mons in the daycare, which shouldn't affect what's in the egg... I decided to just test my luck on the second egg without SRing a couple of times and I got a female.

When is the gender/nature/characteristic determined now...?