• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Keovix

I've been told the answer to this is no but just wanted to ask anyway since I can't find a definite answer on the site...can a Groudon/Kyogre NOT caught in ORAS go primal (so for example, a groudon caught in the original ruby or soul silver)? And same thing with Rayquaza and mega-evolving, can a non-ORAS one learn Dragon Ascent (don't go into too much detail about the Delta Episode if possible please lol)?

Hope they can do it, I did transfer my shiny Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza from HG/SS to the Pokebank hoping to see their shiny primal forms.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Pilpulp

美的
Rayquaza is really confusing me...
I saved in front of it with my Jolly Synchronize Gardevoir, but every time I enter it's stats into a IV calculator (Psypoke) during the Zinnia battle, most of the time it either,

A. Doesn't have three 31 IVs
or
B. It will say invalid stat

Did I somehow mess up? All I can think of is maybe it's nature isn't Jolly, but how often does it not get the desired nature? Or when does it's nature get set? I can't find out whether it's ever getting Jolly because of these REALLY long cutscenes. Help.

Sagiri

On the main site, there's a page for items in ORAS, and it says that various speciality Poke Balls (specifically the Net Ball, Repeat Ball, and Timer Ball) are available in the Rustboro shop. But, Rustboro doesn't have a second clerk, and the main clerk just has the standard items that every Mart has. I've looked all across Hoenn, and I can't find these balls anywhere else, so I can only assume I'm missing something.

Do you have to do something before these balls show up? I've done Episode Delta, and rematched the Elite Four, so there's no reason that these early game Poke Balls shouldn't be available.

Or is the site wrong? But, like I said, they're not available anywhere else either (outside of simply finding them in the overworld), so would that mean that you just can't buy them?

On the main site, there's a page for items in ORAS, and it says that various speciality Poke Balls (specifically the Net Ball, Repeat Ball, and Timer Ball) are available in the Rustboro shop. But, Rustboro doesn't have a second clerk, and the main clerk just has the standard items that every Mart has. I've looked all across Hoenn, and I can't find these balls anywhere else, so I can only assume I'm missing something.

Do you have to do something before these balls show up? I've done Episode Delta, and rematched the Elite Four, so there's no reason that these early game Poke Balls shouldn't be available.

Or is the site wrong? But, like I said, they're not available anywhere else either (outside of simply finding them in the overworld), so would that mean that you just can't buy them?
taken straight from the official guidebook:

Net Ball = "Buy at the Poke Mart in Rustboro City (after opening Rusturf Tunnel and talking to the Scientist outside)"

Repeat Ball = "Buy at the Poke Mart in Rustboro City (after opening Rusturf Tunnel and talking to the Scientist outside)"

Timer Ball = "Buy at the Poke Mart in Rustboro City (after opening Rusturf Tunnel and talking to the Scientist outside)"

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm curious, what does the Japanese guy at the Battle Resort say? Translated please

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I've been told the answer to this is no but just wanted to ask anyway since I can't find a definite answer on the site...can a Groudon/Kyogre NOT caught in ORAS go primal (so for example, a groudon caught in the original ruby or soul silver)? And same thing with Rayquaza and mega-evolving, can a non-ORAS one learn Dragon Ascent (don't go into too much detail about the Delta Episode if possible please lol)?

I'm not sure, but to have them go primal you equip the blue(for kyogre) or red orb(groudon) respectively, then once you enter battle they go primal. I don't see why non one's wouldn't but it needs testing I guess. If I could I'd test it for you but I don't have a kyogre/groudon that I could transfer.

Hope they can do it, I did transfer my shiny Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza from HG/SS to the Pokebank hoping to see their shiny primal forms.

Any Groudon & Kyogre can go Primal. I transferred shiny ones from past generation, and they can go Primal.

Any Rayquaza can go Mega, just teach it Dragon Ascent via an NPC in Meteor Falls.

I'm having a hard time finding the scanner. Does it need an event to trigger

I want to know about this too, I've heard that looks like it is a post-game event now, and requires you to finish Delta Episode first.

Is it possible to recapture Groudon after you defeat him in the Cave of Origins.

Yes, but you need to defeat the E4 first. Defeated legendaries will respawn after the E4.

Durbe

I'm tired

Yeah, I have the same problem for me. Your best bet now is to go to PGL to play the Mine Cart game for a random set of Pokeballs, which does include those three.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Yeah, I have the same problem for me. Your best bet now is to go to PGL to play the Mine Cart game for a random set of Pokeballs, which does include those three.

........the answer is just a few posts above, right after the post you quoted

taken straight from the official guidebook:

Net Ball = "Buy at the Poke Mart in Rustboro City (after opening Rusturf Tunnel and talking to the Scientist outside)"

Repeat Ball = "Buy at the Poke Mart in Rustboro City (after opening Rusturf Tunnel and talking to the Scientist outside)"

Timer Ball = "Buy at the Poke Mart in Rustboro City (after opening Rusturf Tunnel and talking to the Scientist outside)"

You need to speak to the Scientist in front of Rusturf Tunnel (the Rustboro side entrance) to unlock those three balls in Rustboro PokeMart.

Durbe

I'm tired
........the answer is just a few posts above, right after the post you quoted

You need to speak to the Scientist in front of Rusturf Tunnel (the Rustboro side entrance) to unlock those three balls in Rustboro PokeMart.

I did quote that saying that I'm facing the same problem of not finding those Pokeballs in the mart, and thus I had to resort to PGL. Though, thank you for providing that piece of information.

123chrisrules

Alright, I'm kinda stuck on something and it's in post-game story on battle resort. So I will put a spoiler just in case:
[spoil]When you find Detective Looker on the beach at the Battle Resort and he goes to that girls house he's staying at(where he gives you the Audinite), what do you do after that to help him out of his amnesia?

I been literally stuck on what you have to do next on how to help him, if there is a way to even help him in the first place. I looked all over online about it and couldn't find anything. So I made a Serebii forum account just to ask this question xD [/spoil]

Any help would be appreciated! (and apologies if someone asked this question before ^^; )

Corroslve

Can someone help me? so i have caught mesprit on the nameless cavern and ive waited about a day now in real time not game time and its not letting me attempt to catch the other two i go back to the island and talk to the portal and it doesnt do anything just says the same generic thing of no importance i cant tell if its bugged or not

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I have a small question. Theoretically, let's say i can get my hands on Omega Ruby before friday. Will i get an official warning or punishment of some sort from Nintendo, if i go online with OR?

Thanks in advance. :)

ROFLMAO

Has anyone managed to SR for a shiny Groudon/Kyogre or are they locked?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Does anyone have Lisia's and Aarune's teams?

SurrealistSmeargle

Bit of a silly question, but just to clarify before I get the game later this week, how much of the guaranteed Poochyena you have to sneak up on before Petalburg City is fixed? I assume it will always have Thunder Fang, but I was wondering how many of its other specifications (Abilty, Nature, shininess, etc) were also fixed, if any? Thanks!

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Hey guys. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this. But is there a thread open already for QR codes for the secret bases?