• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

ROFLMAO

Bit of a silly question, but just to clarify before I get the game later this week, how much of the guaranteed Poochyena you have to sneak up on before Petalburg City is fixed? I assume it will always have Thunder Fang, but I was wondering how many of its other specifications (Abilty, Nature, shininess, etc) were also fixed, if any? Thanks!

Thunder Fang for Treecko, Fire for Mudkip and Ice for Torchic. Everything else is not set.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Does anyone have Lisia's and Aarune's teams?

i think i also ask this question but i didn't get an answer, as for lisia you're probably not going to battle her since she's an contest idol iirc not a pokemon trainer

SurrealistSmeargle

Thunder Fang for Treecko, Fire for Mudkip and Ice for Torchic. Everything else is not set.
Oooh, I didn't realise it varied depending on your starter. That's even better for me thing, since I was planning on starting with Mudkip but have a lack of Fire-types in my team. Thanks!

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
I have yet to get the game (28th it comes out here...) but I do have a question. When can you transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Bank into the game? After you get the Pokedex, or do you have to wait until endgame or something first?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I have yet to get the game (28th it comes out here...) but I do have a question. When can you transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Bank into the game? After you get the Pokedex, or do you have to wait until endgame or something first?

As far as I'm aware, you can use Bank as soon as you get Pokeballs, maybe after you get your starter (I didn't test this). I was able to use it before I even got a Gym badge.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know if you get the Time Travel Award if you transfer a pokémon from Emerald? I've been trying to go through the game to get a Carvannah with Double Edge & I wanted to make sure if I could only get this certificate if the pokémon are from Ruby and Sapphire

Sparky Mc-S

Let the sparks fly~
Is anyone still having trouble with getting some of the legendaries? My DS clock was changed a while ago so I changed it back, been waiting two or three days now and nothing. The girl in Pacifidlog is still giving me the same hint for Regigigas (can't summon at night), my Mirage Island hasn't changed nor has Cresselia's appeared and the Beast, Lake and Musketeer Trio haven't spawned.

I'm racking my brain and it's getting annoying :/
Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Grei

not the color
I gained entrance to New Mauville and got Thunderbolt from Wattson after figuring out it was ok. In New Mauville, there are stairs heading downward that are blocked off. Is there a way to unblock those?

Rhonder

Oooh, I didn't realise it varied depending on your starter. That's even better for me thing, since I was planning on starting with Mudkip but have a lack of Fire-types in my team. Thanks!

Although it's worth noting as well that even if the poochyena that you got for the tutorial had a different fang than you wanted, you can also just dex nav other poochyenas looking for one with an egg move you want more~ For example I started with Treeko and so the tutorial poochyena for me came with thunder fang. But I wanted Ice Fang more, so I searched around until I got one of those. Play Rough and Sucker Punch are also not bad options xD

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Okay, this will probably sound stupid but could somebody explain to me how streetpass works for this game? I've never ever used this feature before.

already told the game it can accept street pass data so can I have the game open and play it, with passing players counting toward the total? Or does it have to be in "sleep" mode, which I assume is closing the 3DS without turning it off. Would I need to actually have the game on?

welcometorapture

Okay, this will probably sound stupid but could somebody explain to me how streetpass works for this game? I've never ever used this feature before.

already told the game it can accept street pass data so can I have the game open and play it, with passing players counting toward the total? Or does it have to be in "sleep" mode, which I assume is closing the 3DS without turning it off. Would I need to actually have the game on?

It works in sleepmode without the game on, and it works with the game on as well. I had my buddy over for X/Y last year, and we registered each other in streetpass when booting up the game.

Reimius

I don't have the game yet but I want to ask this: Is it possible to get Aron in Granite Cave with it's egg move Stealth Rock?

TheScizor

PowerLvl9001
So does anyone know when/if you get new storage wallapapers in this game? The choices now aren't that exciting.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
is feebas found using the same evil method as the original game?

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
When a pokemon is discoverable on a route through "DexNav only," does this mean postgame or not? I'm really just curious about Eevee on route 116 (OR). If it's not postgame, do I just have to hope I can creep up on it? Thanks!

When a pokemon is discoverable on a route through "DexNav only," does this mean postgame or not? I'm really just curious about Eevee on route 116 (OR). If it's not postgame, do I just have to hope I can creep up on it? Thanks!
Eevee will appear after you catch or defeat Groudon/Kyogre.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Apparently all the functions are available after Wallace gym. I would do the Delta Episode just to be sure.

Edit: Ninjas hard, just do the sootopolis plot line and it unlocks.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Guys, I have a Pokemon Omega Ruby CRISIS. I had the Magma Suit on at the Cave of Origin. And then I leaped on Groudon's back and he took me to that place. And right before I battled him, I realized I needed to stock up on Pokeballs cause I had barely any. So I used an escape rope, went to a random city(Fortree) and then I flew back to Soltopolis. I went back to the Cave of Origin and went to the place with the magma at the very end of the cave where Groudon was supposed to take me. But I can't go past the lava! I can't reach Groudon anymore! I've tried everything I could and, please anyone. Help me. Thanks in advance.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Guys, I have a Pokemon Omega Ruby CRISIS. I had the Magma Suit on at the Cave of Origin. And then I leaped on Groudon's back and he took me to that place. And right before I battled him, I realized I needed to stock up on Pokeballs cause I had barely any. So I used an escape rope, went to a random city(Fortree) and then I flew back to Soltopolis. I went back to the Cave of Origin and went to the place with the magma at the very end of the cave where Groudon was supposed to take me. But I can't go past the lava! I can't reach Groudon anymore! I've tried everything I could and, please anyone. Help me. Thanks in advance.

OK so you faced an N zoroark... Damm this is cruel.