• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Yeah its catch rate is pretty high, I think its because you HAVE to catch him to make the story keep going.
I kept killing Deoxys so I SR the game a few times and every time I was able to catch Rayquaza easily. Not sure about Deoxys being easy to catch though, that one took some effort for me.

The P.S.S.?
What is the PSS? Haha, sorry, I have not played Pokemon since DPPtHGSS. ORAS has made me an active player again. ^^;

Akashin

What is the PSS? Haha, sorry, I have not played Pokemon since DPPtHGSS. ORAS has made me an active player again. ^^;

The PSS is the part of your PokeNav where trading, battling and the like can be done (where you can see who of your Friends are online). It's bunched in with Super Training and Pokemon Amie.

Is it possible if I have DPPtHGSSBWB2W2 in a DS Lite, that I can trade with another one of the games listed if it's in a 3DS?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Is it possible if I have DPPtHGSSBWB2W2 in a DS Lite, that I can trade with another one of the games listed if it's in a 3DS?

I have traded/transferred between my DS and 3DS before, so yes.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Learn more about the Player Search System (PSS) here: http://serebii.net/xy/pss.shtml
PSS is basically the main system for online communications, mainly battling and trading.

You can trade between a DS Lite and a 3DS.
BUT you CANNOT trade between generations. So you can only trade between DPPt and HGSS. Then BW and B2W2 only.
To transfer your Pokemon from Gen 4 (DPPt/HGSS) to Gen 5 (BW/B2W2), you must use the PokeTransfer.
To transfer Gen 5 to Gen 6, you must use the 3DS Apps: PokeTransporter and PokeBank.

All Pokemon are obtainable between XY and ORAS alone. All unobtainable Pokemon in XY are found in ORAS.
The only Pokemon you'll really miss out are version-exclusives (if you don't trade with others or don't own both versions) and event Pokemon.

GF made sure that almost every Pokemon is accessible in one generation alone.
DS/DS Lite/DSi systems will be obsolete soon. Even WiFi features of Gen 4 and 5 have already been cut off. So, you're left with just local communications.

Tayma

Figured it would be best to post here, I am having a few issues with legendaries not appearing, and was wondering if anyone had any hearsay on what the issue maybe.

First some back ground. I have beaten the game and the Delta Episode. I have managed to catch both Terrakion and Azelf in their respective locations. But upon returning to them I am not able to go through the portal. Aswell I am having issues with Lugia and Heatran. There is no portal for Lugia in its spot in Sea Mauville even after getting the Tidal Bell. Also for some reason Flannery isnt outside of the Scorched Slab. Any clue whats up with my game?

Learn more about the Player Search System (PSS) here: http://serebii.net/xy/pss.shtml
PSS is basically the main system for online communications, mainly battling and trading.

You can trade between a DS Lite and a 3DS.
BUT you CANNOT trade between generations. So you can only trade between DPPt and HGSS. Then BW and B2W2 only.
To transfer your Pokemon from Gen 4 (DPPt/HGSS) to Gen 5 (BW/B2W2), you must use the PokeTransfer.
To transfer Gen 5 to Gen 6, you must use the 3DS Apps: PokeTransporter and PokeBank.

All Pokemon are obtainable between XY and ORAS alone. All unobtainable Pokemon in XY are found in ORAS.
The only Pokemon you'll really miss out are version-exclusives (if you don't trade with others or don't own both versions) and event Pokemon.

GF made sure that almost every Pokemon is accessible in one generation alone.
DS/DS Lite/DSi systems will be obsolete soon. Even WiFi features of Gen 4 and 5 have already been cut off. So, you're left with just local communications.
Sounds great! Thanks for all the help!

Edit: Also, do new Pokemon begin to show up all over Hoenn once you defeat the Elite 4?

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

Figured it would be best to post here, I am having a few issues with legendaries not appearing, and was wondering if anyone had any hearsay on what the issue maybe.

First some back ground. I have beaten the game and the Delta Episode. I have managed to catch both Terrakion and Azelf in their respective locations. But upon returning to them I am not able to go through the portal. Aswell I am having issues with Lugia and Heatran. There is no portal for Lugia in its spot in Sea Mauville even after getting the Tidal Bell. Also for some reason Flannery isnt outside of the Scorched Slab. Any clue whats up with my game?

Well for Uxie and Mesprit you have to wait twelve hours for the next one. As for the others, I don't have an answer, but maybe if you beat the E4 again these things will fix themselves?

Tayma

Well for Uxie and Mesprit you have to wait twelve hours for the next one. As for the others, I don't have an answer, but maybe if you beat the E4 again these things will fix themselves?

I knew about the Uxie and Mesprit 12 hour deal. I believe its the same 12 hours for Virizion and Cobalion too right? Redefeating the elite 4 sounds like an interesting idea, Ill have to re attempt it tomorrow and see if it does anything.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Sounds great! Thanks for all the help!

Edit: Also, do new Pokemon begin to show up all over Hoenn once you defeat the Elite 4?

After the story events with Primal Kyogre/Goudon (not necessarily post-game), talk to Prof. Birch to unlock the National Dex.
You can now encounter National Dex Pokemon in each route using the DexNav.

Read here for more info on what Pokemon unlocks: http://serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/dexnav.shtml

TheEliteEmpoleon

I knew about the Uxie and Mesprit 12 hour deal. I believe its the same 12 hours for Virizion and Cobalion too right? Redefeating the elite 4 sounds like an interesting idea, Ill have to re attempt it tomorrow and see if it does anything.

Sounds good. Also, if you changed the clock instead of waiting the actual 12 hours, that may have messed it up. If not, then I have no other ideas.

Sparky Mc-S

Let the sparks fly~

For me, the 12 hour wait for the Lake Trio didn't apply. I first caught Mesprit, went back 3-ish hours later and caught Uxie. After Uxie, went to Mossdeep, changed a party member and went straight back to Nameless Cavern and got Azelf - not even 5 minutes between the two.

The Swords of Justice, however, is another matter for me. Caught Virizion yesterday and it's since been about 25 hours and nothing from the other two.

Maybe it's all random?

do I need to repeat the whole game because I lose to Kyogre Because I was trying to catch it then I saved the game and when I go to the cave of origin kyogre won,t appear what will I do

If you KO'd him, just wait until you beat the E4, he should reappear in the Cave of Origins again.
If you lost to him, head back to the Cave of Origin and on the left wall of the first room should be a doorway that'll take you back down to him.

Last edited:

pkmnoras2003

do I need to repeat the whole game because I lose to Kyogre Because I was trying to catch it then I saved the game and when I go to the cave of origin kyogre won,t appear what will I do

BCVM22

One of the upper floors of the Cave of Origin has a passageway on the left side that will take you directly down to the core chamber, accessible only once you've sat through the cutscene once and (somewhat inexplicably) picked that moment to save and go back up.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I'm having trouble with the Muskedeers. For some reason, the last one won't show up. I have a team with Max EVs, and it's been 12+ hours in my game, but it just won't appear.

I thought it might have something to do with catching the first two before the E4, but I'm stumped.

Last edited:

Rhonder

Guys sorry for this dumb question but, When is the best time to train Ev's?. I know that we train ev's with every battle but i mean really competitive ev training. Is it better if i do it at the beginning of the game or after the Elite Four?.

edit: I want to train ev's seriously because for the wifi battles.

If you're wanting to train for wifi battles, definitely post game. There's very little reason to ev train things you catch for game playthroughs, since there's no way to quality control the pokemon you catch (well now you kind of can with the dex nav, being able to get 1 egg move and up to 3 31 ivs...) and the games just aren't hard enough to warrant well trained pokemon. During the post game, it's pretty easy to start breeding for egg moves, get some flawless ivs going on, then hit up all of the best ev training spots instead of settling for whatever ones are available during the part of the game you're at.

Where can I find a good grass type pokemon in Alpha Sapphire?

Well, that's super subjective depending on what you think is good, but in general: Ludicolo, Breloom, Cacturne, Cradily are all pretty good and can be obtained in the first half or so of the game (Lotad and Shroomish really early, cacnea and lileep after you can go to the desert). Oh, and Sceptile, definitely sceptile~

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Does anyone know which MegaStones are available pre-league? I know Lati@site is, and I would guess the Hoenn starters ones are, but what else is available before the league?