• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

So I went to the third floor of the Granite Cave looking for a Mawile. After running around for five minutes or so, I didn't have a single random encounter with any pokemon. Has this happened to anyone else?

tilothijs

Hey guys,

So tomorrow ORAS is released, I'm ******* stoked already :) I already arranged a team, sorting out where to catch it and all that jazz,
but there is one poke I can't work out..

Where do I catch POLIWAG as early as possible!?

tilothijs

So I went to the third floor of the Granite Cave looking for a Mawile. After running around for five minutes or so, I didn't have a single random encounter with any pokemon. Has this happened to anyone else?
Obviously you need pokemon OR, but if that's not the case you are just plain unlucky my friend. Do make sure you are on the right floor btw.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Where do I catch POLIWAG as early as possible!?

The entire Poliwag line is not available in OR/AS, you'll have to trade for it.

Does anyone know which MegaStones are available pre-league? I know Lati@site is, and I would guess the Hoenn starters ones are, but what else is available before the league?

Alakazite, Mawilite, and Manectrite are available anytime.

The following Mega Stones are available right after the Groudon/Kyogre problem, which is before Wallace's gym:

- Steelixite
- Lopunnite
- Ampharosite
- Mewtwonite X (you actually can see the sparkle during the Littleroot cutscene after the intense drought/drizzle disappeared)
- Mewtwonite Y
- Charizardite X
- Charizardite Y
- Venusaurite
- Kangaskhanite
- Scizorite
- Houndoominite
- Abomasite
- Gardevoirite
- Tyranitarite
- Heracronite
- Pinsirite
- Medichamite
- Absolite
- Aerodactylite

Looking at the Battles section of the Super Secret Bases page Im a bit confused
"With the Secret Pals you have in your base, when you battle people's Secret Pals in their base, they have a special team based upon their Trainer Class. Level and moves are based upon the original trainer's Pokémon levels and so are variable. The Pokémon are as follows: [list of pokemon teams]"

Does this mean that these are the only pokemon that your secret pals have? Im kinda confused in this section.

Also on a somewhat un-related note if im a boy in game I cant pick a girl trainer class to represent me right?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Looking at the Battles section of the Super Secret Bases page Im a bit confused
"With the Secret Pals you have in your base, when you battle people's Secret Pals in their base, they have a special team based upon their Trainer Class. Level and moves are based upon the original trainer's Pokémon levels and so are variable. The Pokémon are as follows: [list of pokemon teams]"

Does this mean that these are the only pokemon that your secret pals have?

Those Pokemon are for when someone else entered your base. Your Secret Pals that they are battling against will use only those Pokemon.

Also on a somewhat un-related note if im a boy in game I cant pick a girl trainer class to represent me right?

Obviously :p

I asked a question yesterday but no one replied, so i'm taking another chance :p. So my question was, when is it best to EV train? like seriously EV training. Is it better if i do it from the start of the game or is better if i do it after i beat the elite four and stuff?. My main object is to play Wifi battles that's why i want to take the EV training thing so serious.

I asked a question yesterday but no one replied, so i'm taking another chance :p. So my question was, when is it best to EV train? like seriously EV training. Is it better if i do it from the start of the game or is better if i do it after i beat the elite four and stuff?. My main object is to play Wifi battles that's why i want to take the EV training thing so serious.

Im not sure about the diffrences between EV training now and later but I always super train my pokemon right after I catch them :)

The thing is, i stopped playing pokemon after D/P. And I bought my Omega Ruby yesterday but I'm really confused on what to do. I'm doing that super training to with my Treecko and I mostly train his Sp. Att and Speed, but i'm scared to battle with him because in a random battle every pokemon gives different EV's :p.
Anyway thnx for your reaction :).

Ajduk

Do ORAS and XY still share the same GTS?
I know that they had shared it so people transfered their pokemon to themselves over the GTS instead
of pokebank.

Puma Italia

So what time is low tide in the Shoal Cave? Is it really early in the morning? It seems to always be high tide when I go there.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
When do you get access to New Mauville and how??

BCVM22

Access to New Mauville is gained late in the story (I did it right after the eighth badge but it may trigger slightly earlier) and is triggered by talking to Wattson as he stands in Mauville's central courtyard pondering the lit-up Prism Tower model.

Akashin

The following Mega Stones are available right after the Groudon/Kyogre problem, which is before Wallace's gym:

- Steelixite
- Lopunnite
- Ampharosite
- Mewtwonite X (you actually can see the sparkle during the Littleroot cutscene after the intense drought/drizzle disappeared)
- Mewtwonite Y
- Charizardite X
- Charizardite Y
- Venusaurite
- Kangaskhanite
- Scizorite
- Houndoominite
- Abomasite
- Gardevoirite
- Tyranitarite
- Heracronite
- Pinsirite
- Medichamite
- Absolite

- Aerodactylite

The ones I bolded were all found prior to dealing with the Primal, as was the Bannetite (I think?). Aggronite, too.

Last edited:

Kitrak

Trainer
Since u guys r all talking about legendaries, i need a little help. When i was trying to catch the lake trio in nameless cavern, i wasn't able to stick my hand in the portal. Do u guys know what is wrong?

Omega Sapphire

Since u guys r all talking about legendaries, i need a little help. When i was trying to catch the lake trio in nameless cavern, i wasn't able to stick my hand in the portal. Do u guys know what is wrong?

For the lake trio you need to have 3 fully EV trained Pokemon in your team for all of them to appear.

Pokéfan Norway

I'm wondering: If I knock out Deoxys; will it be catchable later on, or is it lost for good?