• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Sorry if this has already been mentioned...I haven't really has the time to keep up to date with serebii lately but, being European, I just got the game yesterday and this is really frustrating me!

So, has anyone had completely skewed gender ratios for wild pokemon?! I feel like I'm going mad because I know it shouldn't work like this but I'm been encountering about 95% female pokemon since I started. I picked the girl character player if that makes a difference...? Is this a new mechanic I don't know about? Has anyone else had this issue?

Mye

Someone has to win..
Sorry if this has already been mentioned...I haven't really has the time to keep up to date with serebii lately but, being European, I just got the game yesterday and this is really frustrating me!

So, has anyone had completely skewed gender ratios for wild pokemon?! I feel like I'm going mad because I know it shouldn't work like this but I'm been encountering about 95% female pokemon since I started. I picked the girl character player if that makes a difference...? Is this a new mechanic I don't know about? Has anyone else had this issue?

I actually have while breeding, if that makes sense. I was trying to breed off a 5IV protean kecleon for my UU team (using a flawless imposter ditto and the kecleon you get from the mossdeep space center), and have had every single one of them come out male. I'm only 100 eggs into this, but still, I'm thinking they tweaked the breeding mechanics in ORAS as to make it easier for people to get competitive teams.

drshoes22

Anyone willing to help me evolve some pokemon via trade?

I found mesprit in my AS game, but it has been two days and the others won't show up. All of the Pokemon in my party have max happiness and I have moved mesprit into my party and they still don't show up. I am having the same problem with terrakian(probably spelled that wrong). I have the other two but nothing works. All of my Pokemon have max Evs as well. Help please!

I just now caught Terrakion after waiting like 3 days; I caught Mesprit a week ago and there's still no sign of either of the others. I don't believe the "Max happiness" thing is true; I think it's just pure dumb luck.

Also, I'm certain the "Max EV" thing isn't true for the sacred swordsmen either. On Tuesday night, I went to the Pathless Plain, went up to the ring, and it told me there was something in the hole, but it was getting late so I figured I'd fight Virizion in the morning. I kept the game in sleep mode overnight (as I always do), and when I opened it in the morning the portal no longer said there was anything there. I hadn't moved at all between the time when I got there and when I checked in the morning, and yet during the time I spent standing there Virizion went from being there to being gone.

When you max out secret bases do the older ones get overwritten to make space for new ones?
Also if another person has a secret base in a spot that is taken up by another person in game what happens?

AmphyLucky13

Purduuuu Says Amphy
Hey everyone! I'm having a really hard time getting ahold of the Master Rank Contest Ribbon for my Masquerain. I have the right nature, it's a Special Attack one, Quiet and I have completed all other ranks except Master Rank with this Pokemon, and I'm determined to beat Master Rank with my Masquerain. Getting to the point, I haven't seen any guides online that tell you which moveset and order of that set would work best in the Master Rank. Can anyone help me with a Moveset and Move Order for my Masquerain? :) I really want that ribbon and I'm downright getting frustrated to be honest, so if I could get help from one of you, I'd really appreciate that.

Edit: It's for Beauty Rank

TheEliteEmpoleon

I just now caught Terrakion after waiting like 3 days; I caught Mesprit a week ago and there's still no sign of either of the others. I don't believe the "Max happiness" thing is true; I think it's just pure dumb luck.

Also, I'm certain the "Max EV" thing isn't true for the sacred swordsmen either. On Tuesday night, I went to the Pathless Plain, went up to the ring, and it told me there was something in the hole, but it was getting late so I figured I'd fight Virizion in the morning. I kept the game in sleep mode overnight (as I always do), and when I opened it in the morning the portal no longer said there was anything there. I hadn't moved at all between the time when I got there and when I checked in the morning, and yet during the time I spent standing there Virizion went from being there to being gone.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...uby-amp-Alpha-Sapphire-Discovery-Thread/page9

It's actually not pure dumb luck. Scroll down to see why your mishaps are legit, and when you can get the ones you're missing.

AmphyLucky13

Purduuuu Says Amphy
Nature or Ivs ?

I have two tailows with Boomburst...a naive male one with no flawless evs and a female one with a neutral nature and 3 Flawless IVs...which one is better?

To me the one with the 3 flawless IVs would be best, especially since it's Female, because then you can breed it later on and get even more IVs on the offspring if that's something you'd be interested in doing later down the road. :)

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Ffs -,-" why do you all QQ so mucj about Eon Tickez?
Just transfer the other Eon pokemon to the game. DONE!
It is not like you can't finish the game without it.
Unless I am missing something..

Sry, touchscreen.
We want it so that we can catch both Latis in our own game without trading or transferring. Not to mention the fact that the Eon Ticket allows you to get the Soul Dew, which isn't available anywhere else in Gen VI.

Rhonder

Nature or Ivs ?

I have two tailows with Boomburst...a naive male one with no flawless evs and a female one with a neutral nature and 3 Flawless IVs...which one is better?

Well, if you're just playing through the game, the one with the 3 ivs and neutral nature is probably better. If you want to use it for battling other people, you'll want a good nature /and/ ivs, so breeding is the best option.

Hey everyone! I'm having a really hard time getting ahold of the Master Rank Contest Ribbon for my Masquerain. I have the right nature, it's a Special Attack one, Quiet and I have completed all other ranks except Master Rank with this Pokemon, and I'm determined to beat Master Rank with my Masquerain. Getting to the point, I haven't seen any guides online that tell you which moveset and order of that set would work best in the Master Rank. Can anyone help me with a Moveset and Move Order for my Masquerain? :) I really want that ribbon and I'm downright getting frustrated to be honest, so if I could get help from one of you, I'd really appreciate that.

Edit: It's for Beauty Rank

Oh it's too bad it's for Beauty, my contest Masquerain is my Cute contest member. So I can't really help with that, but last night I beat Beauty Master rank pretty easily with my Roselia, move set: Growth, Magical Leaf, Round, and Giga Drain. So if you just want to beat it to beat it, maybe try that out. Or if you're dead set on beating it with masquerain, just in general, i've enjoyed having movesets for my contest pokemon that have a good balance between a general good appeal move, sometimes an order switching move (roar, endure, quick attack, etc) a move that works well when it's first (or last), and at least 1 jamming move for if you need to get out of a sticky situation (aka if one of your opponents gets the 5* super appeal).

For example, with that Roselia set, Growth adds a pumped up star, magical leaf gives really good appeal if you're in first place (which is where you want to be most of the time) and also, if you have your pokeblocks maxed out is a great first turn option since you'll usually be first. Round is useful for beauty in general since it works well if the pokemon before you used a beauty attack, and giga drain in my jamming move. Also isn't a bad idea to have a move of a type that lowers the 5* appeal gauge as well. so that if you know you can't hit it, you can lower it to make it harder for your opponent to get instead. Like for example, cute moves don't go well in cool contests and lower the bar. If the star in like 2* away from getting filled and you're up first, using your cute move in that situation would lower the bar so hopefully someone else doesn't get it, and you have another chance next turn.

Torpoleon

If I bring my Y team to OR and teach them the new move tutor moves, would I still be able to bring them back to Y?

Grei

not the color
Groudon isn't respawning for me. I beat the Elite Four already; do I need to beat their post-game teams?

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
If I bring my Y team to OR and teach them the new move tutor moves, would I still be able to bring them back to Y?

Yeah, you should be able to. The block should only apply to the 3 new moves of the mascots eg: Dragon Ascent, Origin Pulse and Precipice Blades.

Uxie is not appearing for me. I already caught the other two but Uxie has not been appearing for me, it's been almost 3 days now. how do i get Uxie to appear?

Mr.FusRoDah

Uxie is not appearing for me. I already caught the other two but Uxie has not been appearing for me, it's been almost 3 days now. how do i get Uxie to appear?

Omg, I was about to ask the same question. I accidentally missed the exact timing to catch Uxie because it was Thanksgiving and I had 2 dinners and a drinking session with my gf and your's truly after stuffing my face and I absolutely forgot. I really hope there's a 2nd chance for me to get Uxie. Sure, I have at least one in X, but I'd prefer to capture one on ORAS because I would have to sneak into my cousin's backyard to borrow Wi-Fi for the transfer and he lives a few miles away. With black bears and the occasional mountain lion/florida panther spotted in my area, I would much prefer if I can capture the Uxie in game than take the dangerous trek.