• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
So in Serebii's Secret Base section, it mentions being able to Street Pass someone on your friends list with whom their Secret Base is already registered, in order to get a large lump of flags. My question is, how do you get this to work? I had my cousin over the other day and we both tried closing our 3DS' to do a proper Street Pass and the green light never went off, and thus I when I went to his base I didn't get more than just one flag. Anyone know whats up?

Stone Dragon

Do you need Deoxys for the shiny charm? I caught 709 Pokémon so far, without 10 events (Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi, Manaphy, Arceus, Shaymin, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect and Meloetta) and didn get it. I need help, please :(

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

SilverEmpress

Hi, my friend and I are having issues with our bases. Despite connecting to trade and stuff, our bases refuse to update for each other. We don't live near each other so we just trade online. Both of us have gotten our buzzfeed updates for a few days now but nothing. Is there something we can do?

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Hi, my friend and I are having issues with our bases. Despite connecting to trade and stuff, our bases refuse to update for each other. We don't live near each other so we just trade online. Both of us have gotten our buzzfeed updates for a few days now but nothing. Is there something we can do?

If its not updating, and Im not entirely sure it will with that method, I think your only solution would be to delete his base in your bases PC, then re-scan his QR code.

Starforce2

I posted this earlier but still can't seem to figure out what is going on. It's about the "collector" who I must speak to to get TM36 sludge bomb. He's not in the house after I get the second gym badge. He's supposed to be in that house where you set the trend for the island. He's not there. Is he there only con certain days or times? Everything I have found so far suggests the only requirement needed is to have beaten the second gym leader and received the knuckle badge, which I've done. I've also gone to see the cave painting and tried leaving the island a returning and turning the game off and back on, and yes I got the download upgrade for the game. I double checked to make sure I didn't receive the tm and just forget but it's not in my bag so I've not gotten it.

RedBlueBeginning said:
I was told by Nintendo to go onto Pokemon forums and ask around if anyone had the Eon Ticket and wanted to Streetpass but I have no idea how that works but if anyone does have it please add my friend code cause I do not play the game anymore because I want that Eon Ticket and I have not been getting it so I am losing interested, I honestly think this was a dumb way for them to do the Eon Ticket it should have either been a code that you could get at GameStop or something, or an internet distribution not a selection of people getting it and then Streetpassing it especially to those who do not have a Play! Pokemon in their area.
you would need to get it physically streetpassed to you. Having a friend in another country online at the same time as you wouldn't pass it to you. Sorry.
That is not what Nintendo told me when I called them, they said to add someone who has the Eon Ticket and have them StreetPass it to me so adding someone who has it and having them StreetPass it to me will work. Nintendo knows what they are talking about.

So I ask again does anyone have the Eon Ticket and want to Streetpass it?

Last edited:

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
That is not what Nintendo told me when I called them, they said to add someone who has the Eon Ticket and have them StreetPass it to me so adding someone who has it and having them StreetPass it to me will work. Nintendo knows what they are talking about.

For Streetpass you need to actually physically pass the person dude.

RedBlueBeginning said:

For Streetpass you need to actually physically pass the person dude.

Nintendo would not suggest to go ask anyone if they have it and add them if that were true. So again I ask does anyone have the Eon Ticket and want to StreetPass it?

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
How do I explore the SS Tidal? I want that Blastoisinite, but all I can ever do is travel without actually getting to walk around on the deck and stuff.

Any help is appreciated.

The thread seems to be inconclusive. It doesn't give any definitive answers for the Lake Trio.

According to page 275 in the guide book the only way to get the Lake Trio is to have a Pokemon that you have a high friendship with for the Nameless Cavern to appear, after you catch one of the three you have to visit it at different times to find the remaining two.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Do you need Deoxys for the shiny charm? I caught 709 Pokémon so far, without 10 events (Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi, Manaphy, Arceus, Shaymin, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect and Meloetta) and didn get it. I need help, please :(

Do you have Phione registered in your Pokedex? If I recall, it is needed to earn the Shiny Charm in Gen 6 but if you already have it registered in your Pokedex and you did not earn the Shiny Charm Deoxys is likely required to obtain it in ORAS.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
How do I explore the SS Tidal? I want that Blastoisinite, but all I can ever do is travel without actually getting to walk around on the deck and stuff.

Any help is appreciated.

You need to take it between Lilycove and Slateport, not the Battle Resort.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Nintendo would not suggest to go ask anyone if they have it and add them if that were true. So again I ask does anyone have the Eon Ticket and want to StreetPass it?

How Streetpass works is that two people pass each other while using their 3DSs or have their 3DSs on them but in Sleep Mode. They exchange information that way. For the Eon Ticket you need to physicallg pass someone who has the Eon Ticket. That is precisely how Streetpass works so I don't know what info you got, but it's wrong. If we could do it your way, none of us would be having a fuss over it.

How Streetpass works is that two people pass each other while using their 3DSs or have their 3DSs on them but in Sleep Mode. They exchange information that way. For the Eon Ticket you need to physicallg pass someone who has the Eon Ticket. That is precisely how Streetpass works so I don't know what info you got, but it's wrong. If we could do it your way, none of us would be having a fuss over it.
to piggyback on that, this is Nintendo explaining how StreetPass works

that said, it's pretty surprising that a Nintendo rep would be encouraging a player to set up a rendezvous with someone they met on a Pokémon forum in order to utilize StreetPass. I can't imagine parents being real thrilled with that.

ClefairyKid

Pokemon Addict
It says on the main page of serebii here that the Eon Ticket is supposed to be distributed in Australian states, one store per state, at exactly 12-12.30 tomorrow (monday for us). I just rang them to check and several members of staff claim that although they know what the Eon ticket is, that it's not out yet and is not an event at their store, despite the official nintendo site listing Rundle Mall EB Games specifically as the location.

As someone living in a remote location far from the city and in no reach of other people, let alone people who would happen to have DSs, pokemon AND the ticket for me to streetpass later, I'm very upset that they are apparently planning an event in the literal middle of a weekday and that the store doesn't even seem to think it's happening? How am I supposed to get it if even the official location doesn't have it, I can't afford to fly to another state to get it, that's ridiculous!

Pikana

Alright I need cereal Legendary help!! So I caught all the regis, gave regiice a nickname, and gave him Never-melt-ice for his ice item. I made it all the way back to the cave with everyone in my team and went during the day and Regigigas did NOT appear and the event did NOT happen... Can someone pls help me?! I went on YouTube and one of the vids I saw, the dude had the same problem even after he completed EVERYTHING else in the game. I looked online and only one article said you had to wait 24 hours after catching the regis for the event to activate which I haven't. I changed my clock on the DS so that it was day once and it didnt work so I changed it back to normal time and waiting until yesterday and it still didn't work. Is the 24 hour thing real?

Also I caught Lugia and kept him in my party. I found the little patch of woods where the 3 dogs are at but when I go up to the portal it just says its a mysterious portal yet it doesn't give me an option to enter it. Do I need Ho-oH to enter it? some people said you have to have 2 lvls 100, is that true? pls help, I really want to catch these Pokemon cuz I never caught them before....