• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Hasty

Moonside
I have yet to find a way to delete/change the one's from Gabby & Ty, however there are others from random NPC's in buildings where you can get out or change rooms and come back in and they'll ask you the same thing again, so you can get a chance to change those, at least.

Mh.. ye I knew about the NPCs in the buildings. I hope there is a way to change the other ones (if there are any more situations like with Gabby & Ty), I would find it annoying if I don't know how the game puts my text in and then something like "textextext!." happens...

avenging bisharp

crime fighter
For someone yet to get ORAS, what mega do you recommend? I don't mind if it is old or new but I'd rather get it before post-game. Thanks

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Is it possible to randomly find hidden pokemon in caves ? Or do I have to search for a previously caught pokemon to get it through dex nav ?

Mye

Someone has to win..
For someone yet to get ORAS, what mega do you recommend? I don't mind if it is old or new but I'd rather get it before post-game. Thanks

It depends. I've played both (used sceptile in OR and swampert in AS), and have to say that swampert is heavily overpowered and sceptile is weak. Sceptile learns a ton of physical moves (and only get dual chop to abuse its mega dragon-type with), making it rather useless wheras swampert can basically HM-cruise through the game for you while still being decently powerful. Mega-wise, Altaria and camerupt (former obtained on the route west of fallarbor, latter from the area near lavaridge) worked amazingly in AR for me. Camerupt learns a ton of stab/rock type moves, and can tank some pretty decent hits wheras altaria gives you a decent dragon type who becomes obscenely useful once you get its megastone in lilycove. That, and it learns perish song pretty fast making the 7th gym a breeze should your team somehow be weak.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Approximatively how long does it take for a berry to fully grow into a tree ? And is there a way to get mulches ?

cppietime

Have the egg groups been changed? I'm trying to get Eevee w/ wish, so I bred wish onto a skitty, put in the daycare w/ female vaporeon, but the two seem to prefer to play with other pokemon than each other. O...k... I try putting skitty in w/ cosplay pikachu(female), same message, no egg. What's happening? Skitty should be able to breed w/ both of those pokemon, but now can't w/ either. This is the daycare in the Battle Resort btw, and Skitty's holding an everstone. Anyone have any ideas?
EDIT: Actually it was a Glaceon not a Vaporeon, but it should still be the same egg group.
EDIT: WOW I'm an idiot. Turns out... the Glaceon was MALE.

Last edited:

Aielyn

Have the egg groups been changed? I'm trying to get Eevee w/ wish, so I bred wish onto a skitty, put in the daycare w/ female vaporeon, but the two seem to prefer to play with other pokemon than each other. O...k... I try putting skitty in w/ cosplay pikachu(female), same message, no egg. What's happening? Skitty should be able to breed w/ both of those pokemon, but now can't w/ either. This is the daycare in the Battle Resort btw, and Skitty's holding an everstone. Anyone have any ideas?
EDIT: Actually it was a Glaceon not a Vaporeon, but it should still be the same egg group.
Just to quickly rule out the obvious... your Skitty is male, right?

Other than that, I've heard that Cosplay Pikachu can't breed, although I haven't tested it for myself. Can you test with a third appropriate female pokemon?

Torpoleon

Can Pokémon relearn moves that they learned from the move tutor? Also, what about event-exclusive moves such as the Beldum with Hold Back?

TheEliteEmpoleon

Can Pokémon relearn moves that they learned from the move tutor? Also, what about event-exclusive moves such as the Beldum with Hold Back?

For move tutor moves, I'm pretty sure you'll have to learn it from the tutor again. The move reminder does remind event-exclusive moves, as long as the pokémon is the actual event (you couldn't teach a random Beldum Hold Back).

Pilpulp

美的
Does anyone know the fastest way to level up possible? The Elite Four is the most apparent one at the moment, but does anyone have any strategies for it? Leveling is a pain in these games...

Melchior

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong in terms of Pokemon Omega Ruby in regards to the mirage islands/forests/mountains... etc.

They aren't changing. I was under the impression that the frequency was a day, but apparently for me, that is not the case.

Also, Uxie and Azelf aren't resetting (even having beaten the Elite Four again)... and neither is Terrakion.

Halp.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Does anyone know if we can get a Shiny Stone before Post-Game? If so, where? I'm trying to evolve my Roselia.

In game I've had no luck finding the stones pre-ending even with rock smash/the dowsing machine. If you can find someone to trade you a stone though, I know items are tradable as early as the first gym.

Ajduk

Since Bulbapedia has not updated yet, is there a list with all moves that pokemon can learn
by tutoring in ORAS?

Mr.FusRoDah

Where can I catch Riolu/Lucario in the game? Does it exist in-game at all? :confused:

Unfortunately, by what I've read on the ORAS info page, Riolu and Lucario are both unobtainable in ORAS.

It depends. I've played both (used sceptile in OR and swampert in AS), and have to say that swampert is heavily overpowered and sceptile is weak. Sceptile learns a ton of physical moves (and only get dual chop to abuse its mega dragon-type with), making it rather useless wheras swampert can basically HM-cruise through the game for you while still being decently powerful. Mega-wise, Altaria and camerupt (former obtained on the route west of fallarbor, latter from the area near lavaridge) worked amazingly in AR for me. Camerupt learns a ton of stab/rock type moves, and can tank some pretty decent hits wheras altaria gives you a decent dragon type who becomes obscenely useful once you get its megastone in lilycove. That, and it learns perish song pretty fast making the 7th gym a breeze should your team somehow be weak.

I found Mega Sceptile to be great. It can learn Dragon Pulse via move tutor and power-up punch via TM. Mega Swampert is still a beast though, and a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited: