• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

starlord_

Hey guys, I've got a quick question. I am trying to catch all the pokemon I can and make them evolve to complete my pokedex, problem is I cant find many high level trainers to fight (other than elite four , which would be a waste of time since i cant switch out pokemon that have already evolved) other than the 4 trainers on battle resort. Is there any other place i can go to battle high level trainers one at a time where i can switch out pokemon after the battle? thanks!

BCVM22

I'm only 5 badges in, so I was wondering how many legendaries are you made to encounter before you get the national dex?

Not sure I fully understand the odd phrasing of the question, but once you've tamed Kyogre/Groudon in the Cave of Origin, you can fly back to Littleroot Town and Professor Birch will upgrade your Pokédex.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hey guys, I've got a quick question. I am trying to catch all the pokemon I can and make them evolve to complete my pokedex, problem is I cant find many high level trainers to fight (other than elite four , which would be a waste of time since i cant switch out pokemon that have already evolved) other than the 4 trainers on battle resort. Is there any other place i can go to battle high level trainers one at a time where i can switch out pokemon after the battle? thanks!

Just go to each route and rebattle the available trainers there until their levels improve. They should max out around 50 or so which should be plenty to train most pokemon. Even before the league, they should be somewhere near the forty's range.

I'm only 5 badges in, so I was wondering how many legendaries are you made to encounter before you get the national dex?

Prior to the National Dex, the only one available is Latias/os and Groudon/Kyogre.

After you catch Groudon/Kyogre, Steven gives you the Eon Flute which lets you summon Latios/as and fly around with them to get the legends. You can get the actual National Dex before the league though the exact moment is escaping me.

Last edited:

Pachirisuuu

Trade with me
Before I do this, I want to know a few things.

I'm trying to get a shiny zekrom

So do I just save at the portal then if its not shiny press L, R, and start then repeat until its shiny? The whole 3ds doesn't turn off, just the game.

Could I also just press yes to the portal then just run away until its shiny?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Before I do this, I want to know a few things.

I'm trying to get a shiny zekrom

So do I just save at the portal then if its not shiny press L, R, and start then repeat until its shiny? The whole 3ds doesn't turn off, just the game.

Could I also just press yes to the portal then just run away until its shiny?
Yes, the first method is what everyone uses when obtaining shiny legendary Pokemon. Using the second method means you have to defeat the Elite Four before it respawns, as it produces a similar effect to knocking out the Pokemon.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
A question to those who have completed this game. I need a good, long-term grinding spot in these games. Specifically NOT Secret Bases, because I want to be able to re-challenge it as many times a day as I want. Every game since Fire Red and Leaf Green had a means to constantly rebattle trainers at my own personal whim for Experience., except for Fifth Gen, which compensated with Audino.
  • Fire Red & Leaf Green: Vs. Seeker
  • Diamond, Pearl & Platinum: Vs. Seeker
  • Heart Gold & Soul Silver: Gym Leader Rematches
  • Black & White: Audino
  • Black 2 & White 2: Audino
  • X & Y: Lumiose Restaurants
Does the PokeNav Plus's Match Call or Trainer's Eye feature allow for repeated rematches as often as I wish at my discretion, or is it on a time-delay as well? I'm still fairly early in the game, but I was able to battle Rich Boy Winston pretty much every time I passed him, which gives me hope. But, I'm not sure if this is because I got lucky. The original Trainer's Eye or Match Call feature never really got my interest in the originals, since I always used Fire Red and Leaf Green to level up.

I would use Secret Bases, but the once-per-day restriction is really a kick to the crotch. Please do not recommend Secret Bases.

Dreamcoat

If I've stored something in Pokémon Bank with X/Y, can I withdraw it with AS/OR?

shac

Hi, I reached primal kyogre and saved in front of him. I then used an escape rope to get out. Then when I went back down the cave of origin he isn't there anymore! Where do I go now??? How do I find him again without having to do a reset?

Dreamcoat

Yes. As soon as you have your PokeDex in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, you can use it freely with Pokémon Bank, provided you've updated it with the latest patch.
Nice, thanks. I guess that means it doesn't matter whether it's a physical copy or downloaded through eShop?

Akashin

Hi, I reached primal kyogre and saved in front of him. I then used an escape rope to get out. Then when I went back down the cave of origin he isn't there anymore! Where do I go now??? How do I find him again without having to do a reset?

On the (I believe) 2nd floor, there was a pathway going left that went nowhere the first time you were going down to Kyogre. If you go down that path now, it leads you to where Kyogre took you when you rode on it.

Haxy

legendary spooky silke
How does one get the last one of the this particular trio: Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit? I've been going to Nameless Cavern for several days, and all I got is nothing after catching the last two in separate days. (I still need Uxie)

gamer_legend

How does one get the last one of the this particular trio: Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit? I've been going to Nameless Cavern for several days, and all I got is nothing after catching the last two in separate days. (I still need Uxie)

This has been confusing a lot of people but from what I gather you encounter Uxie at a different time of day (Morning, I think). It's odd the way this event is programmed but keep coming back whenever the time changes (Sunset, Night, Morning, Afternoon).

Akashin

Uxie seems to be after 8PM.