• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

unicornhiccup

bye cruel people
No, you will never get a PokeBall there. Ever. The PokeBall denotes caught Pokemon.

Why not...?
Idk what denote means in that sentence I'm only 19

Georgie Pie

Why not...?

Uh, "denote" just means "indicates". It's basic vocab that most people out of high school should know. Unless you typoed and meant that you're 9 years old, in which case I appologize because that would be at least middle school-level vocabulary.

In the future, you can always Google "define: word" and it will give you a definition of whatever you're looking for.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Why not...?

The empty circle is purposely empty to signal Seen Pokemon, that's not a Poke Ball that's supposed to be filled in. It's empty to represent the fact that there's no Poke Ball next to Pokemon you've seen but haven't caught. It's just a marker and doesn't mean anything beyond "this is a symbol for Pokemon you've seen." You won't see that empty circle get filled, that's what the "Caught Pokemon" marker is for.

Akashin

Why not...?

Psynergy already explained it but, to make it as clear cut as possible, the Pokeball beside your Caught count isn't there to tell you that you've caught everything; that's what the crown is for. The Pokeball icon is just for your Caught count, and the black circle/no Pokeball is for the Seen count. The same black circle appears beside anything in the Pokedex you've seen but not caught, just as the Pokeball appears beside anything you've caught.

Last edited:

Sol_FZ

It will always so up as Team|i know its weird i only typed sableye and showed up as sableye
So team will always be there and cant be changed

EDIT:i think maybe be removing your secret palls so your alone and not a team?

I have tried removing all secret pals and nope, still "Team".

Hasty

Moonside
I have tried removing all secret pals and nope, still "Team".
You are never alone... Your Pokemon are in your team as well.... hehe

---
I don't know if it was just a misperception... I think I've seen Nameless Cavern as one of those red glowing stars when Soaring... but after 1-2 days or so the red glowing star disappeared. I can still enter Nameless Cavern though.
Misperception or why is that?

How do you set the three pokemon you want for your secret base battle team? I just got the sign post and I put it in my base and I selected singles battle but I didn't see where you tell it which three pokemon to appear for other people to battle against in my base.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
You are never alone... Your Pokemon are in your team as well.... hehe

---
I don't know if it was just a misperception... I think I've seen Nameless Cavern as one of those red glowing stars when Soaring... but after 1-2 days or so the red glowing star disappeared. I can still enter Nameless Cavern though.
Misperception or why is that?

If you've caught all the Pixies, then the red star will go away, but if you meet the criteria for entering Nameless Cavern, you can still land there. The same applies for Pathless Plain.

TheEliteEmpoleon

How do you set the three pokemon you want for your secret base battle team? I just got the sign post and I put it in my base and I selected singles battle but I didn't see where you tell it which three pokemon to appear for other people to battle against in my base.

Pretty sure its the first three pokémon in your team when you set the other rules.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
Does anyone know what are the possible ways of reseting EVs in ORAS except Reset bag?

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic

askaloso

Hello

I'm about to finish up Delta Episode.. My questions are.. What nature should I aim for Deoyxs that is usable for all forms? The second question is should I bring a catcher smeargle and two synchonizers(for both Rayquaza and Deoyxs)? My last question is if I kill Deoyxs, can I SR for nature and IVs on my next encounter with it or the first time locked the nature and ivs? basically does nature and ivs set upon encounter or capture.

Thanks

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Hello

I'm about to finish up Delta Episode.. My questions are.. What nature should I aim for Deoyxs that is usable for all forms? The second question is should I bring a catcher smeargle and two synchonizers(for both Rayquaza and Deoyxs)? My last question is if I kill Deoyxs, can I SR for nature and IVs on my next encounter with it or the first time locked the nature and ivs? basically does nature and ivs set upon encounter or capture.

Thanks

No single nature is good for every Deoxys form, though Naive/Timid/Jolly are popular since they're good for Deoxys-Attack and Speed, the two good forms. Resetting for Deoxys is unreasonable here though, because you have no chance to save or even swap party members in between the two legendaries. So what you should do is reset for Rayquaza, check its stats in the battle afterwards, and if that's a good Rayquaza just KO Deoxys afterwards. That first Deoxys encounter in space has no effect on its stats in future resets in Sky Pillar so it's much easier to do it this way.

askaloso

No single nature is good for every Deoxys form, though Naive/Timid/Jolly are popular since they're good for Deoxys-Attack and Speed, the two good forms. Resetting for Deoxys is unreasonable here though, because you have no chance to save or even swap party members in between the two legendaries. So what you should do is reset for Rayquaza, check its stats in the battle afterwards, and if that's a good Rayquaza just KO Deoxys afterwards. That first Deoxys encounter in space has no effect on its stats in future resets in Sky Pillar so it's much easier to do it this way.

I see. So speed boosting nature covers two forms which personally to me seems to be the nature of choice. But since the nature won't be determined by encounter, I don't really have to think about it too much just yet. So I will focus on Rayquaza, bring a smeargle, adamant/jolly gardeviour and other pokes.

Thanks man

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
Oh. I forgot about the berries. Well, thanks a lot.

You can also use a reset punching bag (white bag) in super training to eliminate all the EV'S at once, which, in my opinion it's easier since EV trining is so easy this gen and growing berries takes a awile and can be troublesome if you get mistaken in reducing them.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
You can also use a reset punching bag (white bag) in super training to eliminate all the EV'S at once, which, in my opinion it's easier since EV trining is so easy this gen and growing berries takes a awile and can be troublesome if you get mistaken in reducing them.

Berries are *very* easy to grow and get a profit from in ORAS. :)

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
Is it possible for wild Pokemon to hold shards?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Can you trade decorations like you could in gen 3 via the trader in Mauville?