• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Stone Dragon

In the Battle Masion there is a NPC mentioning Scott. I'm playing the german version and this NPC is literaly saying, he is Scott "... has someone the same qualifications as me, the great Scott?" (translation might be incorrect)
Is someone playing the japanese version (and understands it ofc) and can say, its more like the english one? tbh I know this must be a mistake, because the guy doesn't even look like Scott.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Can you trade decorations like you could in gen 3 via the trader in Mauville?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks. Dang it! That was a great feature. Some things they really simplified. But other things they great advanced. Ugh, but decorating two games worth of bases will be annoying. >.<

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
I've been wondering this ever since Mega Rayquaza was revealed: If you Mega Evolve it with Dragon Ascent, are you still able to Mega Evolve another Pokémon the traditional way in the same battle?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
In the Battle Masion there is a NPC mentioning Scott. I'm playing the german version and this NPC is literaly saying, he is Scott "... has someone the same qualifications as me, the great Scott?" (translation might be incorrect)
Is someone playing the japanese version (and understands it ofc) and can say, its more like the english one? tbh I know this must be a mistake, because the guy doesn't even look like Scott.

That may or may not be intentional, since the model doesn't necessarily need to look like Scott to be him. There's a trainer nearby that's supposed to be Lucy (she mentions her Seviper) but she's just a generic Delinquent.

I've been wondering this ever since Mega Rayquaza was revealed: If you Mega Evolve it with Dragon Ascent, are you still able to Mega Evolve another Pokémon the traditional way in the same battle?

Nope, Mega Rayquaza takes up the Mega slot so if you Mega Evolve it you can't evolve anything else.

Where to find Dusk Stone? I need to evolve my Murkrow
- you can get one from Inver if you land a lot of super-effective hits against his team (I think it's 7-9 SE hits), but he hands out a variety of other Stones too
- there's a 5% chance of getting one from Hex Maniac Valerie on Mt. Pyre when you re-battle her after entering the Hall of Fame
- I believe it's also a possible prize in the higher levels of Super Training

KillerDraco

Aw, that sucks. Thanks anyway. I thought it would work similar to Primal Groudon and Kyogre, since they Mega Evolve differently, but I guess not.

Well, that's because Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre are not mega evolutions at all. They're Primal Reversions, which is why they don't take up the Mega Slot. Now, Mega Rayquaza, on the other hand, while being unique in that it doesn't require a Mega Stone, is still a Mega Evolution, hence taking up the slot for your team.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Question: I seen someone using the fishing chaining technique from X/Y to find a shiny Feebas. Does this confirm the fishing chaining in the game or was that just blind luck?

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Machamp or Hitmonlee for my 6th team slot?

Sadly, no matter how many times I battle Hex Maniac Valerie, she won't give me a Dusk Stone. I have battled her about 20 times.

Machamp or Hitmonlee for my 6th team slot?

Sadly, no matter how many times I battle Hex Maniac Valerie, she won't give me a Dusk Stone. I have battled her about 20 times.
yeah, 5% odds are pretty crap.

it's kind of funny, although they added the Gen IV evos to the Hoenn Dex, they made the necessary evo items pretty tough to obtain. I don't think the Dusk Stone, Dawn Stone, Shiny Stone, Magmarizer, etc. are ever simply found on the ground anywhere in ORAS.

Akashin

yeah, 5% odds are pretty crap.

it's kind of funny, although they added the Gen IV evos to the Hoenn Dex, they made the necessary evo items pretty tough to obtain. I don't think the Dusk Stone, Dawn Stone, Shiny Stone, Magmarizer, etc. are ever simply found on the ground anywhere in ORAS.

There's a single Shiny Stone you can find on Route 121, but that's all I can remember.

They're not that tiresome to get from Super Training, though.

Shiny Espeon0429

If you accidentally kill Deoxys in the Delta Episode, do you ever get another opportunity to catch it or is that your only chance to catch it?