• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Only at super single battles

Ah... Thought so. Well at least it's only the Super Single challenge I guess. Still, I've never paid much attention to getting good streaks at the Maison since I don't do much competition in the first place. So I have a feeling that setting a 50 streak (I think that's what the SS challenge is anyway) will be pretty daunting for me...

is this true? I thought it worked if you earned a trophy/monument from any of the Chatelaines, not just Nita. so you could do Super Doubles, Triples, or Rotation instead.

You can actually unlock the Wally battle by defeating the Chatelaine in any of the Super Battles. I unlocked the battle by completing Super Multi.

Last edited:

mizpkmn

Pokemon Master
Well, sure. What exactly is the issue you're having?

I transferred over my registeel and regirock from my black 2 to my oras and caught regice there and i nicknamed it and gave it a nevermelt ice but when i go to the island cave he is not there

Akashin

I transferred over my registeel and regirock from my black 2 to my oras and caught regice there and i nicknamed it and gave it a nevermelt ice but when i go to the island cave he is not there

Have you gone to the girl in Pacifidlog and had her give you the right phrase?

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
Oh so it doesn't matter which battle challenge, so long as it's Super? That's good to know. Might do the Super Multi then.

Have you gone to the girl in Pacifidlog and had her give you the right phrase?

That didn't matter for me, altho I used my Regirock and Registeel from my copy of OR to unlock Regigigas, so maybe that's your issue? Maybe the Regirock and Registeel you use have to be from your game, or at least captured prior to trying to access Regigigas?

Akashin

That didn't matter for me, altho I used my Regirock and Registeel from my copy of OR to unlock Regigigas, so maybe that's your issue? Maybe the Regirock and Registeel you use have to be from your game, or at least captured prior to trying to access Regigigas?

This crossed my mind too, but none of the other Legendaries that require having other Legendaries require them being from ORAS, so I discounted it. Having to catch the Regis first is entirely possible, though.

I've played AS for 3 weeks now and my buzznav only updated 3 times. Can someone help me fix this issue?

Perhaps you're simply not streetpassing very many people? Are you still getting passersby over the PSS? Maybe your WiFi connection is acting wonky?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of PSS passersby, can the Eon Ticket be spread that way, or is it StreetPass-only?

computertrash

knight of time
Now that we can find wild Pokemon with egg moves with the DexNav, are we able to find Pikachu with Volt Tackle this way, or are we still restricted to the breeding Pikachu while it's holding the Light Ball method?

It is an egg move, but the main site does say otherwise, but I just want to be sure.

pikachu can have volt tackle. i found a few when dexnaving in the safari zone.

=

its strange how hard it was to get a pikachu holding a light ball in the wild (5%) yet in ORAS, its freely available on a route. theyre really handing everything to us.

Angry Ancestor

I somehow named my character Pubes, which is an illegal name. How I managed to bypass the filter when creating my character is beyond me. That being said I am banned from online play, no matter what Pokemon I use. Does anyone have a solution? Or don't have to Bank my mons and restart my file?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I somehow named my character Pubes, which is an illegal name. How I managed to bypass the filter when creating my character is beyond me. That being said I am banned from online play, no matter what Pokemon I use. Does anyone have a solution? Or don't have to Bank my mons and restart my file?

The only way around it is to restart your file.

Has there been any confirmation that Dexnav chaining increases the odds of finding a shiny? I was looking for an Electirizer this morning by chaining Elekids, and the 8th one I encountered was shiny, but as far as I know that may have just been dumb luck. I've seen people on Youtube claim the Dexnav does raise shiny chances, but I have not seen proof of it on Serebii.net's page about the Dexnav.

Also, I was doing some Dexnav hunting earlier, and ended up getting 3 Keckleon with 3 stars each, which means I now have 4 of them with 3 maxed out stats. Now, I'm trying to decide which one would be the best to actually work on training for a competitive team. Here are their individual stats:

1)
Level: 31
Ability: Color Change
Dexnav attack: Trick
Nature: Rash
Personality: Likes to thrash about
HP: 78
Attack: 70
Defense: 58
Special Attack: 56
Special Defense: 72
Speed: 32

2)
Level: 27
Ability: Protean
Dexnav attack: none
Nature: Hardy
Personality: Capable of taking hits
HP: 74
Attack: 60
Defense: 51
Special Attack: 45
Special Defense: 78
Speed: 27

3)
Level: 37
Dexnav attack: Magic Coat
Nature: Jolly
Personality: Mischievous
HP: 102
Attack: 80
Defense: 68
Special Attack: 54
Special Defense: 103
Speed: 45

4)
Level: 39
Dexnav attack: Skill Swap
Nature: Rash
Personality: Likes to thrash about
HP: 96
Attack: 87
Defense: 71
Special Attack: 69
Special Defense: 92
Speed: 44

Last edited:

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
Has there been any confirmation that Dexnav chaining increases the odds of finding a shiny? I was looking for an Electirizer this morning by chaining Elekids, and the 8th one I encountered was shiny, but as far as I know that may have just been dumb luck. I've seen people on Youtube claim the Dexnav does raise shiny chances, but I have not seen proof of it on Serebii.net's page about the Dexnav.

Same happened to me with Trapinch. It seems so but I can't confirm it, and I doubt we ever will unless someone breaks into the game data or something.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
So what's the best way to have a Smeargle learn moves?

I have a move set that I want Smeargle to learn, and the necessary Pokémon on my team that can use the moves. But the Smeargle is only level 1, this poses a problem with him being easily KO'd in doubles or triples.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
So what's the best way to have a Smeargle learn moves?

I have a move set that I want Smeargle to learn, and the necessary Pokémon on my team that can use the moves. But the Smeargle is only level 1, this poses a problem with him being easily KO'd in doubles or triples.
Well, if you had a friend, you could have them make a secret base where their pokemon only know defensive moves, thus allowing your smeargle to learn the moves you want it to learn from your own pokemon.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
I've tried searching for the answers as much as possible, but can't find much relevant info. It's regarding the Eon ticket and getting it via Streetpass:

-Does the game have to be in the 3DS at the time of streetpassing to get the ticket? Or just as long as I've played the game on that system (I've gotten SSB3DS/MK7 notifications without those being in my system). I thought I recalled seeing the game had to be in, but I can't find that. And if yes, does the game actually have to be on? I've never really done any streetpass activities

-Do I have to have reached a certain part of the game to get the ticket? I don't even have a gym badge yet and don't really plan on it for a while at least. Does it matter? Would I have to get to Southern Island once before to be able to get the ticket?

EDIT:
As long as StreetPass is turned on and active for ORAS and you've obtained the BuzzNav, you can get the Eon Ticket.

Awesome, thanks!

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
As long as StreetPass is turned on and active for ORAS and you've obtained the BuzzNav, you can get the Eon Ticket.