• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
I'm more interested in chaining for one with 3 stars for IVs; I've decided that I'll be happy if a shiny shows up but I'd rather not make it the actual goal.

Honestly, youre better off chaining Porygon at the Mirage Island it appears in. The mountains grass area is just not big enough to keep a chain consistently going without having to walk steps and reset after almost every encounter. The Mirage Island it appears on is located just north of Mossdeep, and has a far stretching grass patch which is oblong and larger on one end, making standing in between both ends of the grass a prime spot to keep the chain going. I have chained up to 700 encounters (chains of 30-100) and encountered 5 shinies in my hunt for a really good Analytic specimen.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Hey guys, i've got my synchronizer ready for catching Kyogre. Any tips on catching one, with close to perfect IVs?

Persistence. And keep an empty spot in your team.

Save before you start the battle. Catch the Kyogre. Check it's stats in an IV Calculator. If it doesn't have the stats you want, soft reset and try again.

Thanks guys. One more question- Is it worth SR during the main story, or would it be better if I KO it and just leave it until the post game. I've heard those cutscenes can make it long and off-putting.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Thanks guys. One more question- Is it worth SR during the main story, or would it be better if I KO it and just leave it until the post game. I've heard those cutscenes can make it long and off-putting.
Honestly, the smart thing to do is to KO it, and then rebattle it after the Delta Episode. It makes it a lot easier to do SR's. Of course, if it is shiny when you encounter it, catch it. ;)

Honestly, youre better off chaining Porygon at the Mirage Island it appears in. The mountains grass area is just not big enough to keep a chain consistently going without having to walk steps and reset after almost every encounter. The Mirage Island it appears on is located just north of Mossdeep, and has a far stretching grass patch which is oblong and larger on one end, making standing in between both ends of the grass a prime spot to keep the chain going. I have chained up to 700 encounters (chains of 30-100) and encountered 5 shinies in my hunt for a really good Analytic specimen.

How do you chain in ORAS? Do you use the DexNav, or do you get the PokéRadar later on in the game?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Is there an ore maniac to whom you can sell pearls, nuggets, etc?

Tangeh

Does anybody know who the official composers are for ORAS? Specifically the new music (not the arrangements from R/S/E).

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Does anybody know who the official composers are for ORAS? Specifically the new music (not the arrangements from R/S/E).

According to the Wikipedia entry on the games, the composers are: Minako Adachi, Go Ichinose, Hitomi Sato, and Junichi Masuda. Who did what on the soundtrack however, I can't tell. But it's likely a group effort.

Tangeh

According to the Wikipedia entry on the games, the composers are: Minako Adachi, Go Ichinose, Hitomi Sato, and Junichi Masuda. Who did what on the soundtrack however, I can't tell. But it's likely a group effort.

Yeah, that's the only source I could find too. Ah well, fair enough. Thanks. ^^

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Yeah, that's the only source I could find too. Ah well, fair enough. Thanks. ^^

http://vgmdb.net/album/48057

Specific credits are in the notes section at the bottom of the page.

I kinda figured that would be the case, but that particular island is one of the ones that almost never appear to me. There are some islands that I find pretty much every day, and others that I find maybe once every two weeks or so (between both games). Also, if I'm just looking for high IVs and/or special moves, does it really matter as much if it stays as a single chain as opposed to just having a high number of encounters before using the dexnav to search?

Stone Dragon

Can you use mulch when trading it from XY? Or is it just a useless item in the game?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

SurrealistSmeargle

Also, if I'm just looking for high IVs and/or special moves, does it really matter as much if it stays as a single chain as opposed to just having a high number of encounters before using the dexnav to search?
As far as I'm aware, no. The chances of you getting more perfect IVs and getting Egg Moves should simply increase with search level, irrespective of forming a chain.