• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Some people are saying you can only evolve eevee into sylveon in xy, so I dont wanna even try to get its happiness up. Is there another way to evolve it now?
While I've not tested this, Pokémon Amie is still available. You should be able to use Pokémon Amie to get 2 hearts to Evolve an Eevee that knows a Fairy Type move.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Some people are saying you can only evolve eevee into sylveon in xy, so I dont wanna even try to get its happiness up. Is there another way to evolve it now?

No, the method is identical. You can evolve an Eevee into Sylveon in OR/AS the same way you would in X/Y.

unicornhiccup

bye cruel people
@nutter dude... im playing the game right now .. why would I not know that pokemon amie isnt there...wow

@hydros okay ;3; I just saw someone on here saying they couldnt eveolve it into sylveon so I wasnt sure.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
@nutter dude... im playing the game right now .. why would I not know that pokemon amie isnt there...wow

@hydros okay ;3; I just saw someone on here saying they couldnt eveolve it into sylveon so I wasnt sure.

That person had forgotten the Faerie move. Fortunately Eevee learns two such moves naturally. The first at level 9.

Edit: Can now doubly confirm that Sylveon is achievable in ORAS. I just turned a female Eevee into one.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
It depends on what you are chaining for. If you chain for higher levelled pokemon then I can definitly say that not getting a response does not break your chain. Simply walk around untill your DexNav finds another pokemon and kill this one, whatever pokemon that may be (it may not be the pokemon you want to chain). After that you can use the DexNav again to search for the pokemon you want to chain and voila, your chain will have continued as you will continue to encounter higher levelled pokemon.

However, when it comes to chaining for shinies there are MANY more questions. For one: does shiny chaining truly work with the DexNav or is there simply a higher chance of getting a shiny in general when using the DexNav? And even if shiny chaining works, does it follow the same rules as the level increase while using the DexNav? These are questions I do not know the answer of and i think no one does at this moment.
Apparently from some sample-based testing, the chance for shiny Pokemon via the DexNav may well be increased, but there's no effect of 'chaining' on that chance. Early days though.

The Buzznav has stopped working for me and I don't know why. I can no longer get any passerby notifications from getting online. I have tried not streetpassing people in order to not have that interrupt it, getting online only by pokemon centers in case it won't update when next to bases, deleting bases in order to make space, restarting over and over, and literally not getting a new secret base for the past few days, I have far surpassed the eight hour setting. No settings on my device have been changed, and I have not changed the time on my system. Can anyone think of something I should try, that I'm doing wrong, or have experienced this as well? I'm like fifty flags away from the gold flag, and since I deleted almost all my bases to open them up, can only get three flags a day now.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

.....Amie is there, Wally gave you the PlayNav that has Amie in it

TorterraOwns

Pokemon:My Friends
I was battling the E4 and My Swampert was shaking before I choose a move, does that have anything to do with Pokemon-Amie, because I was playing with him on that?
Thanks

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I was battling the E4 and My Swampert was shaking before I choose a move, does that have anything to do with Pokemon-Amie, because I was playing with him on that?
Thanks

Yeah, mon-amie gives additional entry animations. I think it went shaking -> jumping -> glance at player.

Does anyone know if the legendary catch rates have changed?

I'm having real trouble against palkia, who I always though had a fairly forgiving catch rate. Reshiram gave me trouble as well.

Yeah, mon-amie gives additional entry animations. I think it went shaking -> jumping -> glance at player.

Does anyone know if the legendary catch rates have changed?

I'm having real trouble against palkia, who I always though had a fairly forgiving catch rate. Reshiram gave me trouble as well.

Reshiram's has most likely changed because it used to have a very high catch rate due to being necessary to the plot. Palkia's... I'm not sure. It was always reasonably high for a legendary (30) so it's either changed from that or you're being incredibly unlucky, friend

SilverCharizard

Can tutor moves be passed down by breeding?

And does the Qr codes do you have to be online for you to battle the other person in their base?

Does the Masuda Method still work if a Pokémon from a foreign game uses the same language or if it was hacked? I got a Japanese Ditto that has the (JPN) symbol from GTS, but it has an English nickname, and is shiny w/ perfect IVs so I'm assuming it could be genned.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Can tutor moves be passed down by breeding?

And does the Qr codes do you have to be online for you to battle the other person in their base?

If the base or baby form of the pokemon can learn the move via move tutor/TM, then yes, I do believe so.

As for the QR codes. No, as soon as you have it scanned, you should be able to battle all opponents in the base regardless of whether or not you are online at the time.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

You don't have to be online but you do need to wait until midnight passes before you can battle or use any of their abilities (if you make them Secret Pals).

Does the Masuda Method still work if a Pokémon from a foreign game uses the same language or if it was hacked? I got a Japanese Ditto that has the (JPN) symbol from GTS, but it has an English nickname, and is shiny w/ perfect IVs so I'm assuming it could be genned.

Pretty sure as long as one Pokemon has a language tag or both Pokemon have different ones they should work for the MM regardless of whether or not they were hacked.

Last edited:

stylesbk

@stylesbk
So I have 5 friends on my friend list when i'm connected to the Internet but when I go to battle Maison to play super multi battles i toonly gives me the choice to choose may, Wally, Steven, and Maxie. I'm confused as to why my friends won't show up?

PokemonOwn

I'm having difficulty finding a Water Stone. Any tips? EDIT: That aren't Super Training or Rebattle Fisherman Elliot?

Last edited:

Akashin

I'm having difficulty finding a Water Stone. Any tips? EDIT: That aren't Super Training or Rebattle Fisherman Elliot?

Turn over a Blue Shard to the Treasure Hunter on Route 124. Super Base Pals can also cough them up, but that's hardly the most efficient method to bank on.

PokemonOwn

Turn over a Blue Shard to the Treasure Hunter on Route 124. Super Base Pals can also cough them up, but that's hardly the most efficient method to bank on.

How would I go about getting Blue Shards?

EDIT2: MOAR QUESTIONS
Does Deoxys respawn after the you beat the E4 if you kill it?