• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Besides Route 111 where I can use Rock Smash for pearls and revives, what other places have respawnable items?

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Besides Route 111 where I can use Rock Smash for pearls and revives, what other places have respawnable items?
Everywhere there are rocks to smash, you have a chance of getting an item.

Other than that, if you are willing to take the time and use the pokeballs, pretty much every route with pokemon have several that are holding various items, from Zigzagoons holding Potions and Pelipper's holding Lucky Eggs, to Shandshrew holding Grip Claws.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So I have 5 friends on my friend list when i'm connected to the Internet but when I go to battle Maison to play super multi battles i toonly gives me the choice to choose may, Wally, Steven, and Maxie. I'm confused as to why my friends won't show up?

in OR/AS your friend list is not used, for whatever reason. It's like that for everyone, not just you.

KantoLegends

Weird Poké Ball question....I want to capture some Pokémon in Apricorn Pokéballs in HGSS and then transfer them to ORAS so I can breed Pokémon into those Pokéballs. Obviously Pokémon only have one or two egg groups, but what Pokémon or Egg Groups would be the best to catch in the Apricorn Pokéballs for breeding purposes?

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Weird Poké Ball question....I want to capture some Pokémon in Apricorn Pokéballs in HGSS and then transfer them to ORAS so I can breed Pokémon into those Pokéballs. Obviously Pokémon only have one or two egg groups, but what Pokémon or Egg Groups would be the best to catch in the Apricorn Pokéballs for breeding purposes?

Ditto obviously. >.<

More seriously though, you'd probably need at least one pokemon from each egg group. Including Ditto there are 14 egg groups, but there are several pokemon that cover two groups. I am not sure of the minimum number of pokemon you'd need, but with the help of the Pokedex you should be able to find out the minimum number of pokemon you'll need to cover all groups (the base number). If you want access to all types of Apricorn pokeballs for all groups, you'll need to multiply the base number with the number of various Apricorn balls.

Creyk

I have the silver rank with the flags, meaning I collected more than 100.
Serebii says that because of this, my secret pals who are Rich Boys or Poké Maniacs should have the special ability "pick up stones" so that I can get evolution stones through them. However, when I go and talk to my secret pal, I only receive the basic rank special abilities, I can only choose stuff like "Make some goods" and "Gather berries". Why is this? Why can't I use them to get the stones?

EDIT: Oh wow, I figured it out! I had to go talk to the guy in foretree city to update my rank :D Yaay I'm gonna get stoned! ;)

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Can tutor moves be passed down by breeding?

And does the Qr codes do you have to be online for you to battle the other person in their base?
Move tutor moves can only be passed down if they are listed to be one of the Pokemon's egg moves. The above posters have already answered the second question.

Nits

Bug Catcher

I don't really understand what you mean. It sounds like you want to catch a Pokémon you can breed to produce as many different Pokémon in the Apricorn Balls as possible, but only female Pokémon can pass on the ball. So if you catch a female Onix in a Heavy Ball, it can only pass on the ball to other Onix. The only way to get as many different species as possible is to catch female specimen of them in HGSS and transfer them.

If you mean which Pokémon have the most possible partners to find one more easily, the Field Egg Group is the largest with 200 Pokémon species belonging in it.

PokemonOwn

So, here's the situation. I finished the Delta Episode and got the Galladite from Professor Cozmo. Easy.

Buuuut, when I went TM Hunting he didn't give me TM23 - Smack Down? Anyone else had this issue? Also can't seem to get the Gardevoirite off of Wanda either :S

Last edited:
How the heck do I spread EVs?! I have a spread for latias and it's something like 68 HP 128 SDef and 252 Spd but I have no idea how I would tell if the spread is correct after EV training it on the super training screen. Like I know if you have 252 in one it would be touching the name but I'm just not sure how to tell

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
How the heck do I spread EVs?! I have a spread for latias and it's something like 68 HP 128 SDef and 252 Spd but I have no idea how I would tell if the spread is correct after EV training it on the super training screen. Like I know if you have 252 in one it would be touching the name but I'm just not sure how to tell

You have to count the EVs you're getting.

Akashin

So, if I put a power item on and then ev train the specific stat, I'll get 5 EVs per horde right? So I'll just do that and count? I'm still pretty new to ev training, never done a spread other than 252/252/4 before.

No, if you use a corresponding Power item in a Horde, you would get four plus however many EVs the Pokemon in the Horde give (Golbats at Sky Pillar, for example, give two Speed EVs each). So using the Golbat example, you would get six EVs for each Golbat, for a total of thirty.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I've been having a problem with secret bases lately... Namely, I've been street passing people for the past few weeks, some of whom I am friends with, but none of their secret bases show up on my PokeNav. My base shows up on theirs, but theirs don't show up on mine. Is there anything special that I need to do in order to be able to see others' secret bases that I somehow might have missed?

EDIT: Also, what is needed to unlock the New Mauville mission? I still can't get past the New Mauville security, and when I try to talk to Wattson, he just says the same thing he always says after the gym battle. I have seven badges and Kyogre has just started causing heavy rains around Hoenn, if that helps.

Last edited:

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Everywhere there are rocks to smash, you have a chance of getting an item.

Other than that, if you are willing to take the time and use the pokeballs, pretty much every route with pokemon have several that are holding various items, from Zigzagoons holding Potions and Pelipper's holding Lucky Eggs, to Shandshrew holding Grip Claws.

Great. What about respawnable items found with the downsing machine. Do those make an appearance in ORAS?

Also if I have a pokemon with Compound Eyes first in party, will it affect the chances of the pokemon showing up on DexNav having a hold item, or is the ability for ordinary wild encounters only?

Finally, I've asked this before but I wasn't sure if it was answered, for those in the UK, have we heard anything from the players who went to see Junichi Masuda in London? Because if you got the Eon Ticket already, is there a chance of someone coming by the Gloucester high street?

Akashin

I've been having a problem with secret bases lately... Namely, I've been street passing people for the past few weeks, some of whom I am friends with, but none of their secret bases show up on my PokeNav. My base shows up on theirs, but theirs don't show up on mine. Is there anything special that I need to do in order to be able to see others' secret bases that I somehow might have missed?

EDIT: Also, what is needed to unlock the New Mauville mission? I still can't get past the New Mauville security, and when I try to talk to Wattson, he just says the same thing he always says after the gym battle. I have seven badges and Kyogre has just started causing heavy rains around Hoenn, if that helps.

I'm not sure about your Secret Base issue (barring the obligatory questions of whether or not you've mucked with the time on your 3DS or changed systems entirely), but to answer your second question, Wattson can be found by the tower in the center of Mauville after you either calm Kyogre or get the 8th Gym Badge; I'm pretty sure it's the former, but not 100%.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I'm not sure about your Secret Base issue (barring the obligatory questions of whether or not you've mucked with the time on your 3DS or changed systems entirely), but to answer your second question, Wattson can be found by the tower in the center of Mauville after you either calm Kyogre or get the 8th Gym Badge; I'm pretty sure it's the former, but not 100%.

Yeah, it's after you calm Groudon/Kyogre. I did the New Mauville side quest yesterday on my OR before I did the Sootopolis Gym.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Great. What about respawnable items found with the downsing machine. Do those make an appearance in ORAS?

Also if I have a pokemon with Compound Eyes first in party, will it affect the chances of the pokemon showing up on DexNav having a hold item, or is the ability for ordinary wild encounters only?

Finally, I've asked this before but I wasn't sure if it was answered, for those in the UK, have we heard anything from the players who went to see Junichi Masuda in London? Because if you got the Eon Ticket already, is there a chance of someone coming by the Gloucester high street?

If there are respawning items, I have not found any.

As for compound eyes, I haven't got the foggiest, but some pokemon tend to *always* hold an item when they show up on the Dex Nav (But, sadly, or fortunately depending on your point of view, Pelipper is not one of them.)

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I'm not sure about your Secret Base issue (barring the obligatory questions of whether or not you've mucked with the time on your 3DS or changed systems entirely)

Yeah, I'm not sure about that either, as I know I haven't changed the time on my 3DS or played the game on a different 3DS since I've gotten the game. Maybe I'll try accessing a Secret Base with a QR code and see if that works.