• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Yeah, I'm not sure about that either, as I know I haven't changed the time on my 3DS or played the game on a different 3DS since I've gotten the game. Maybe I'll try accessing a Secret Base with a QR code and see if that works.

Have you downloaded and installed the patches?

JigglyKirby

I somehow can't get Regigigas to appear.
I followed all five instructions in the guide book which are:

All three Regis in my party
Regice has a nickname and is holding a Castelliacone
Kyogre/Groudon caught
Let a day pass

Then I stood in the centre of the northernmost part of the cave where I caught Regice but nothing seems to happen for some odd reason...

Altissimo

There is a medal listed which is obtained by registering 1 million passerby through the PSS. Is this unique players, or just all players that happen to be online simultaneously as you?
I have 20,000 registered so far. How do they expect 1 million without leaving the 3DS on all day lol

I somehow can't get Regigigas to appear.
I followed all five instructions in the guide book which are:

All three Regis in my party
Regice has a nickname and is holding a Castelliacone
Kyogre/Groudon caught
Let a day pass

Then I stood in the centre of the northernmost part of the cave where I caught Regice but nothing seems to happen for some odd reason...

If youre there at night you it wont activate. You have to go there at day time.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Have you downloaded and installed the patches?

Do you mean the updates that the 3DS notifies you of? Yeah, I installed all of those. Still having a problem with seeing others' secret bases.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Question: If I made someone a secret base pal, will that terminate that secret base location?

I'm wondering this in case I wanted the exact secret base that they have. I know you can erase them, but I wanted to know if that was an alternative.

SurrealistSmeargle

Question: If I made someone a secret base pal, will that terminate that secret base location?

I'm wondering this in case I wanted the exact secret base that they have. I know you can erase them, but I wanted to know if that was an alternative.
No. Once you make them a Secret Pal, they move into your base, but their base remains open, just without them in it.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Great. What about respawnable items found with the downsing machine. Do those make an appearance in ORAS?

Also if I have a pokemon with Compound Eyes first in party, will it affect the chances of the pokemon showing up on DexNav having a hold item, or is the ability for ordinary wild encounters only?

Finally, I've asked this before but I wasn't sure if it was answered, for those in the UK, have we heard anything from the players who went to see Junichi Masuda in London? Because if you got the Eon Ticket already, is there a chance of someone coming by the Gloucester high street?

Yes.
The Balm Mushroom next to Bug Catcher James in Petalburg Forest for example respawns daily.

It won't affect them as far as I know.

Monasti

Finally, I've asked this before but I wasn't sure if it was answered, for those in the UK, have we heard anything from the players who went to see Junichi Masuda in London? Because if you got the Eon Ticket already, is there a chance of someone coming by the Gloucester high street?

I'm in Bristol, and randomly walking around got me mine - I'm assuming if you have a GAME store near you, it's possible they may have it there. Might be worth a shot.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Where can I find the Fishing Rods in ORAS?

Old Rod is from a fisherman standing outside in Dewford, Good Rod is from a fisherman on the east side of the water on Route 118, and Super Rod is from a fisherman inside a house in Mossdeep. Essentially the same places as in RSE if you know where they are there.

Okay, am I doing something wrong? I used the Dexnav last night and found a Ditto with perfect IVs in everything but HP; I figured 5/6 was as good as I'm gonna get, so I traded it to my OR version (caught in AS, traded because of the different OT). I gave it the Destiny Knot and bred it with 3 different Pokemon: Clawitzer, Milotic, and Eelektross. The Clauncher and Tynamo each ended up inheriting 3 of Ditto's IVs and the Feebas only got 2 of them, which tells me I'm doing something wrong. I'm new to IV breeding, but a guide I saw online said that using the Destiny Knot is supposed to ensure that 5 of the IVs get inherited. Even if the babies didn't end up inheriting the 5 IVs that Ditto has maxed out, logically shouldn't they at least inherit 4 perfect IVs? If they get 5/6 IVs from Ditto and 5/6 of Ditto's IVs are perfect, how is it possible for them to only have 2 or 3 perfect IVs?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Okay, am I doing something wrong? I used the Dexnav last night and found a Ditto with perfect IVs in everything but HP; I figured 5/6 was as good as I'm gonna get, so I traded it to my OR version (caught in AS, traded because of the different OT). I gave it the Destiny Knot and bred it with 3 different Pokemon: Clawitzer, Milotic, and Eelektross. The Clauncher and Tynamo each ended up inheriting 3 of Ditto's IVs and the Feebas only got 2 of them, which tells me I'm doing something wrong. I'm new to IV breeding, but a guide I saw online said that using the Destiny Knot is supposed to ensure that 5 of the IVs get inherited. Even if the babies didn't end up inheriting the 5 IVs that Ditto has maxed out, logically shouldn't they at least inherit 4 perfect IVs? If they get 5/6 IVs from Ditto and 5/6 of Ditto's IVs are perfect, how is it possible for them to only have 2 or 3 perfect IVs?

The IVs chosen aren't always taken from the parent holding the Destiny Knot. The 5IVs chosen are taken from both parents so, if the other parent has poor IVs, you're more likely to get babies with not so good IVs even if your Ditto has 5. You may get all 5 from the Ditto but you may also get all 5 from the other parent. It's always random.

The way I do it is to constantly switch out the non-Ditto parent with offspring that has better IVs and continue breeding from there. That way the odds of getting better IVs from both parents is increased.

The IVs chosen aren't always taken from the parent holding the Destiny Knot. The 5IVs chosen are taken from both parents so, if the other parent has poor IVs, you're more likely to get babies with not so good IVs even if your Ditto has 5. You may get all 5 from the Ditto but you may also get all 5 from the other parent. It's always random.

The way I do it is to constantly switch out the non-Ditto parent with offspring that has better IVs and continue breeding from there. That way the odds of getting better IVs from both parents is increased.

That explains why the Tynamo had 3 perfect IVs and Feebas only had 2; the Eelektross was found with 3 perfect IVs using the Dexnav, but the Milotic was just a chain-fished shiny with average IVs.

Legendary Dreams

Secret Base-related question here:

Apparently adding people as Secret Pals doesn't put their bases into your favorite list. So does it mean there are effectively 5 "additional favorite slots in a way" for Secret Pals, or are their bases still prone to being overwritten by new bases?

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Secret Base-related question here:

Apparently adding people as Secret Pals doesn't put their bases into your favorite list. So does it mean there are effectively 5 "additional favorite slots in a way" for Secret Pals, or are their bases still prone to being overwritten by new bases?
As long as they are in your base, their bases remain.

How can I tell when i max out a certain stat? I am trying to evolve feebas and i read that you have to almost max it out. I want to find out the limit so that I don't go mess it up.

Skobby

Fairy Slayer
I've got a question about the DexNav, if you bring pokemon over from the bank do they register in the DexNav or do you have to physically encounter and catch all the pokemon in the area?

How can I tell when i max out a certain stat? I am trying to evolve feebas and i read that you have to almost max it out. I want to find out the limit so that I don't go mess it up.
here's a brief, nifty video about evolving Feebas in ORAS.

as far as I know, there's no way to "mess it up". just keep feeding it Blue or Rainbow Pokéblocks until it has max Beauty, and it'll evolve just fine. it's impossible to overdo it with Pokéblocks. much simpler than RSE.

Last edited: