• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I've got a question about the DexNav, if you bring pokemon over from the bank do they register in the DexNav or do you have to physically encounter and catch all the pokemon in the area?

As long as the pokemon either are in, or have been in one of your boxes or party, they will automatically be registered in your pokedex, regardless of how they appeared there.

Hatmaster15

Dunsparce Defender
I've got a question about the Battle Maison - is it possible to encounter the team leader you talk to on the dock in the maison? I'm playing AS, so I know I can team up with Archie, but Maxie also said he was going into the maison, as did the grunt couple in the house next to it. However, no-one online seems to mention this at all the and the main section on the site neither confirms nor denies you can find them, so... are they there at all? Sorry if this is a silly question!

Also, do you need pokemon with the blue pentagon to complete the dex "properly" like you did in XY, or can we just transfer up old pokemon and get the same completion? Thanks again!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I've got a question about the Battle Maison - is it possible to encounter the team leader you talk to on the dock in the maison? I'm playing AS, so I know I can team up with Archie, but Maxie also said he was going into the maison, as did the grunt couple in the house next to it. However, no-one online seems to mention this at all the and the main section on the site neither confirms nor denies you can find them, so... are they there at all? Sorry if this is a silly question!

Also, do you need pokemon with the blue pentagon to complete the dex "properly" like you did in XY, or can we just transfer up old pokemon and get the same completion? Thanks again!

I think Maxie and Archie are version exclusive partners. I can only team up with Maxie and Serebii doesn't say anything about the other becoming available. Kind of disappointing as I wanted to team up with both of them.

You don't need all the Pokemon with blue pentagons to complete the Dex properly. I did it with most of the legendaries and some other Pokemon obtained in older games.

.Person.

No avatard plz
Secret base questions

How can I set my personal secret base team and how do I know what pokemon my team consists of?

Are the other people I invite to my base using preset teams of the ones I battled first?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
How can I get Chimchar with hidden ability?

HA Chimchar was distributed via Global Link few years ago.
Since it was event-only, the only way to get it is to look for people who has it and ask for breeds.

Stone Dragon

I need someone, who can help me with the dialog from the woman and the scientist at the Mossdeep Space Center. After you saved the world and you're entering the Center, they will talk to the player and they mention the Route where Deoxys can be found.
Now, when you have Deoxys they will still talk random stuff, in the german version something like "if you know the secret of Deoxys, please let us now" or "we will do everything to discover why Deoxys took the Hoenn region as its target."

But there is nothing to trigger. Can someone post the english dialog? Im just curious, if its different or if its really just random stuff (In the german version I would assume there is something to trigger, if I wouldn't know any better)

Hasty

Moonside
In Conest Spectacular, will increasing a category that is not of the Conest category you take part in do anything? Will the moves have a smaller chance to "not go well" with the audience if you increased the approtiate stat and the the move is of another category than the Contest... or something?

Thanks.

Last edited:

McSwag

So my friend and I were trying to battle, but it would not work. I'm on OR and he's on Y. I have the national dex, so does he, and none of my pokemon have any new items, moves, abilities etc. Also, whenever we would try it would disconnect us and say "You cannot battle the user's party" or something like that. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a way to fix it? Please and thank you!

Last edited:

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
So I received the Eon Ticket on my 3DS the other week with my Alpha Sapphire, I just got Omega Ruby today for Christmas, so is there anyway I can receive the Eon Ticket without going out and finding it again?

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
So I received the Eon Ticket on my 3DS the other week with my Alpha Sapphire, I just got Omega Ruby today for Christmas, so is there anyway I can receive the Eon Ticket without going out and finding it again?

As far as I am aware, only if you have access to a second 3DS system. Sorry.

Last edited:

Akashin

If you have a second 3DS, you can simply StreetPass between the two games. Alternatively, you can StreetPass it to a friend and have them StreetPass it back to you.

Short of that, no, you'll have to go out and find it again.

Ryuken

Steel User
So my friend and I were trying to battle, but it would not work. I'm on OR and he's on Y. I have the national dex, so does he, and none of my pokemon have any new items, moves, abilities etc. Also, whenever we would try it would disconnect us and say "You cannot battle the user's party" or something like that. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a way to fix it? Please and thank you!

Usually the biggest cause of this issue is badly hacked/"gened" pokemon.
As far as I know even illegal pokaballs are taken into consideration.

Try removing certain pokemon for both parties until you find the "offender", eventually you should find the pokemon that is causing the issue.

Autobot N

Has anyone noticed that the Ralts evolution line levels up slow? On both games, even though I used Gallade/ (soon to be) Gardevior more than half the time, they are miles below everyone else. I mean, my Gallade (OR) was level 35 when I was at Tate and Liza, and my Kirlia (AS, just got it today for Christmas) is level 22 as opposed to the higher twenties and lower thirties (Lucario) of the rest of my team. Is it just me, or do they level up slower?

BattleFanatic14

The Ralts family does have a slow leveling rate, so they will take longer than most others.

Stupid question, but what is required to be able to access the Mauville Ramen Bowl?

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
The Ralts family does have a slow leveling rate, so they will take longer than most others.

Stupid question, but what is required to be able to access the Mauville Ramen Bowl?

You gotta do all the previous ones successfully at least once, if I remember correctly.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
If you have a second 3DS, you can simply StreetPass between the two games. Alternatively, you can StreetPass it to a friend and have them StreetPass it back to you.

Short of that, no, you'll have to go out and find it again.

Ah, bummer. I mean I already have like 3 other Latias, but I kinda wanted another one, just cause.