• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Ryuken

Steel User
Are Max EV's in every stat pokemon banned from online play in ORAS?
I had a couple of bad experiences a couple months ago and I was wondering if the most recent patch also blocked these pokemon aside from unreleased legendaries and badly hacked pokemon.

Creyk

Are Max EV's in every stat pokemon banned from online play in ORAS?
I had a couple of bad experiences a couple months ago and I was wondering if the most recent patch also blocked these pokemon aside from unreleased legendaries and badly hacked pokemon.

Yes they are banned, both from the Battle Spot and casual battles with your friends.

Thwyn

I have come across a bug of some sort on the route before the fourth gym. Having battled a few trainers, now nobody else will battle me. Even in the gym, the first time I entered it, all NPCs act as though I've already beaten them, including the gym leader who says her post-battle speech.

Just to clarify, I have not beaten these trainers yet, they just say their post-battle speech when I click on them.

I can't find anything about this online anywhere, has anybody else come across this? Do you guys know of a fix?

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I have a problem. I've tried to breed a pokemon with elekid and a ditto from friend safari from Y ,but I don't receive an egg at all. I don't understand. Breeding with a ditto is supposed to breed any pokemon. But for some reason,they won't produce an egg.

Akashin

I have a problem. I've tried to breed a pokemon with elekid and a ditto from friend safari from Y ,but I don't receive an egg at all. I don't understand. Breeding with a ditto is supposed to breed any pokemon. But for some reason,they won't produce an egg.

You can't breed with baby Pokemon. You'll have to evolve your Elekid (or use an Electabuzz, if that particular Elekid isn't a necessity) to breed it.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
when was this? i tried to google this but i can't find it...

It's an ORAS thing, if there's anything wrong with your Pokémon that can't happen through legal means like having a shiny Sheer Force Landorus or an unreleased HA ect the game won't allow the battle to commence online. I don't know about local play though.

Kacho

You are next.
It's an ORAS thing, if there's anything wrong with your Pokémon that can't happen through legal means like having a shiny Sheer Force Landorus or an unreleased HA ect the game won't allow the battle to commence online. I don't know about local play though.

ok so legal good IV pokes are okay right?

I think I misread that post then

Aetius

Can someone tell me where I can find the Iron Plate?
I pretty much found all of them underwater, but this is the only one that I'm still missing...

Crystagon

Can someone tell me where I can find the Iron Plate?
I pretty much found all of them underwater, but this is the only one that I'm still missing...
The Iron Plate isn't underwater; it is instead held by Steven's gift Beldum.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I have come across a bug of some sort on the route before the fourth gym. Having battled a few trainers, now nobody else will battle me. Even in the gym, the first time I entered it, all NPCs act as though I've already beaten them, including the gym leader who says her post-battle speech.

Just to clarify, I have not beaten these trainers yet, they just say their post-battle speech when I click on them.

I can't find anything about this online anywhere, has anybody else come across this? Do you guys know of a fix?

If you have fought and beaten the gym leader (easy to check, just check your Trainer ID card), then all the trainers in the gym, including the ones you haven fought, become unfightable.

Astrint

Breeding Star
where is the best place to teach a smeargle moves? I used the triple battles in the diners in X&Y but i don't know where to go in ORAS...

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)

This usually happens when you mess with the CODES on Powersaves. There are certain codes that may prevent story completion. If all else fails, then this may have happened, and if that is the case, then the only way to bypass it is to start a new game.

where is the best place to teach a smeargle moves? I used the triple battles in the diners in X&Y but i don't know where to go in ORAS...

In Mauville City's Food Court you can do Single, Double, or Triple Battles just like the diners in X & Y

Last edited: