• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Aetius

I've bred a Jolly Haxorus but I don't know what supporting move should I give her.
I'm conflicted between Dragon Dance and Swords Dance.
The first one increases both Attack and Speed, while the second one greatly increases it's attack.
Any opinion?

DarthVader

Streetpassers and passersby online are what will get you different mirage spots. I think they can only change once a day. If the same one is appearing daily, it may be because you changed the date/time on your system recently. If not, then I'm not sure what the problem could be, but maybe going online for new spots would fix it.

Thanks, I never change the time, however I often change the 3DS system. I think that might have been the problem.
But I'll always connect to the internet to have passerbys and see if that helps.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I've bred a Jolly Haxorus but I don't know what supporting move should I give her.
I'm conflicted between Dragon Dance and Swords Dance.
The first one increases both Attack and Speed, while the second one greatly increases it's attack.
Any opinion?

Personally I'd go with DD, in with the speed creep of the new megas and the rise of scarfers being able to outspeed them is good.
SD really only helps you beat your Haxorus's checks.
Florges/Sylveon/Azumarill ect.

Aetius

Personally I'd go with DD, in with the speed creep of the new megas and the rise of scarfers being able to outspeed them is good.
SD really only helps you beat your Haxorus's checks.
Florges/Sylveon/Azumarill ect.

Then I guess I will go with DD.
Thank you very much for your assistance! :D

BCVM22

Thanks, I never change the time, however I often change the 3DS system. I think that might have been the problem.

Changing systems is the same as changing the time, since you're asking the game to sync with two different clocks. That's your issue.

krfty

poke bank and poketransport

I Finally got a chance to play alpha sapphire and I tried to access my pokebank and pokemon transporter because I would like to import pokemon from Y... But they did not seem to work... Do I need to update them first or d I need to accomplish something in A.S..? I will try a software update, but any help with this question would be appreciated... TYVM

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
I Finally got a chance to play alpha sapphire and I tried to access my pokebank and pokemon transporter because I would like to import pokemon from Y... But they did not seem to work... Do I need to update them first or d I need to accomplish something in A.S..? I will try a software update, but any help with this question would be appreciated... TYVM

As far I know you just need to have reached a Pokémon Center at A.S., but I could be wrong.

Ryuken

Steel User

You need to have obtained the pokedex in order to use pokebank with that game. After that, you can use poke-transporter (After you obtained your pokedex in that game as well) and send the pokemon to pokebank, where you can then "pick them up" using your copy of A.S.

If you mean that your pokemon weren't unable to be sent through pokebank however, then something might be wrong with the pokemon you wish to send.

PokéTransporter is strictly for BW1/BW2-to-XY/ORAS transfers only. It does not facilitate transferring between XY and ORAS--you're using it wrong. If you wish to transfer from Y to AS, simply deposit your Pokémon to your Bank boxes from Y, then withdraw them from Bank on AS. There's nothing wrong with your software or hardware, the problem exists between the chair and the screen (that'd be you.)

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Somewhat off-topic, but here it goes: on the pokemoneonticket.co.uk website it reffers to Nintendo hotspots as places where you can make use of the 3DS' Streetpass feature as means of obtaining the Eon Ticket. Are these hotspots reliable?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Somewhat off-topic, but here it goes: on the pokemoneonticket.co.uk website it reffers to Nintendo hotspots as places where you can make use of the 3DS' Streetpass feature as means of obtaining the Eon Ticket. Are these hotspots reliable?
It's about a 50/50 try looking it more.

In Secret Bases, do your Secret Pals only give you flags when you first invite them to your base or is it whenever they themselves get more flags?

They give you flags if they collected any the day you invite them and only that day, they can't do it daily.

AlexBW

Better, though...
Hi, Im a little paranoic about these type of situations, and I really need someone who can confirm it. Is it true that you can rematch Deoxys after beating the E4 a second time?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Hi, Im a little paranoic about these type of situations, and I really need someone who can confirm it. Is it true that you can rematch Deoxys after beating the E4 a second time?

Yes, I did this myself. If you want to SR for nature/IVs/shininess on Deoxys, knock it out when you get Rayquaza. If you defeat the E4 again after the Delta Episode, Deoxys will be at the top of the Sky Pillar.

AlexBW

Better, though...
Thanks! I have battled Deoxys like 10 times, always landing Crits -_-, and I'm pretty tired of the Battle with Zinnia. I just got Deoxys faint again, this time on purpose. I think I'll SR it for IVs

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Thanks! I have battled Deoxys like 10 times, always landing Crits -_-, and I'm pretty tired of the Battle with Zinnia. I just got Deoxys faint again, this time on purpose. I think I'll SR it for IVs

Deoxys is so frail, even at level 80, that I recommend that you bring a high-level Pokemon with False Swipe. It prevents the crit issue and you won't need to worry about whittling its health down.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
How do I get past normal rank with contests? I won a normal rank contest, but I can't get the next rank.