• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
If I recall correctly each rank has their own city.

Also, does Glare hits ghosts?

it should. But they changed it in ORAS, so each rank does NOT have a set city.

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
it should. But they changed it in ORAS, so each rank does NOT have a set city.

Make sure that you picked the right contest type, for example: if you beat Cool on normal you can only do super on Cool.

imran3

Nothing much...
I got through all 5 contests, with the most OP pokemon, both in battlefields and contest halls, Rayquaza. I maxed out it's contest stats with around a dozen of Lansat/Starf Berry to make them Pokeblock Pluses. (Don't worry, keep growing more berries as alternatives.) Then I pick up the scarves at Slateport Fan Club and give the respective scarf to Ray. Then I teach it various corresponding moves, and aim for the 5 stars, then I get 5+3 as it doesn't need a Mega Stone to Mega Evolve and that's why I scarf it. I'll just go see the movesets I used and I'll share it here.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Can i catch Entei, Suicune, and Raikou by trading someone for a random Lugui / Ho-oh, or do i gotta catch them myself? Do i need both?

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Can i catch Entei, Suicune, and Raikou by trading someone for a random Lugui / Ho-oh, or do i gotta catch them myself? Do i need both?

You only need one and it doesn't matter which. I found Raikou on my Alpha Sapphire with a japanese Ho-Oh from an older game.

starrybluecat

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
I'm having trouble activating the Regigigas event in Alpha Sapphire.

I have all the regi's (Regirock and Registeel are transfered from older games so I don't know if that matters, but the Regice is from the game I'm playing), I nicknamed Regice and gave it a castelia cone, I went to the cave where Regice was during the day but still nothing is happening. I even went to the little girl in Pacifidlog town but she didn't gave me any hints either.

I didn't mess around with the clock recently either.

What am I doing wrong?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm having trouble activating the Regigigas event in Alpha Sapphire.

I have all the regi's (Regirock and Registeel are transfered from older games so I don't know if that matters, but the Regice is from the game I'm playing), I nicknamed Regice and gave it a castelia cone, I went to the cave where Regice was during the day but still nothing is happening. I even went to the little girl in Pacifidlog town but she didn't gave me any hints either.

I didn't mess around with the clock recently either.

What am I doing wrong?

I believe you need Regirock and Registeel from your game. I suggest you catch them.

Starforce2

I finally got the "game chat" function enabled fro online play, however, I see no way to put it to use, can't find the option anywhere, even an internet search only can confirm the game has one, not how it's used. anyone explain that?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I finally got the "game chat" function enabled fro online play, however, I see no way to put it to use, can't find the option anywhere, even an internet search only can confirm the game has one, not how it's used. anyone explain that?

Game chat only works with people on your friend list. Both you and the other person must be online for it work.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Hopefully someone answers my last question

New question though

How many salts and shells do I have to give to the guy in the cave?

The link given to you by Ryuken is the closest thing you're going to get, at least on Serebii. It has the information that you need, even if it is marginally more difficult to find.
As for your second question, I believe it is 4 salts and 4 shells.

Starforce2

Game chat only works with people on your friend list. Both you and the other person must be online for it work.

so how does one put someone I battled or traded with on my friends list?

Okay so I'm trying to raise a Slypheon. I bred an Eevee from one I received in a wonder trade, leveled it up through level nine at which point it learned Baby-Doll-Eyes (a fairy move), gave it a massage, a sooth bell and a berry to get the friendliness going. Level 16, it evolves...into Espeon! I am utterly confused. The guide here says you get Slypheon through friendly evolution with a fairy move in one of it's slots. So how the heck did I get Espeon? BTW what's even weirder about that is that it shouldn't be daytime in my game right now, I must have to edit the DTS settings on my 3DS.

I love Espeon and can probably put her to use but that's just not what I was going for.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
Okay so I'm trying to raise a Slypheon. I bred an Eevee from one I received in a wonder trade, leveled it up through level nine at which point it learned Baby-Doll-Eyes (a fairy move), gave it a massage, a sooth bell and a berry to get the friendliness going. Level 16, it evolves...into Espeon! I am utterly confused. The guide here says you get Slypheon through friendly evolution with a fairy move in one of it's slots. So how the heck did I get Espeon? BTW what's even weirder about that is that it shouldn't be daytime in my game right now, I must have to edit the DTS settings on my 3DS.

I love Espeon and can probably put her to use but that's just not what I was going for.

"Level up with bond of 2 hearts in Pokemon Amie" -Sources

Oh. Thanks for specifying. Back to the Eevee eggs then. I want it to be female but for some reason I keep hatching males. XP

Last edited: