• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
You're all starting to tread into dangerous territory, here.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Does cloning in ORAS work the same way that it did in XY? The trade glitch method thing?

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Two questions:

Where is Mr. Briney post game?
I've completed the Delta Episode and took the Ferry to Battle Resort. Now I can't find Mr. Briney.

Can you make more than two trips to Southern Island, one with Steven to rescue Latios/Latias; then a second with the Eon Ticket? If so how?
The Island shows on my town map but not when I try to soar over the area.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Two questions:

Where is Mr. Briney post game?
I've completed the Delta Episode and took the Ferry to Battle Resort. Now I can't find Mr. Briney.

Can you make more than two trips to Southern Island, one with Steven to rescue Latios/Latias; then a second with the Eon Ticket? If so how?
The Island shows on my town map but not when I try to soar over the area.

- Mr. Briney is on the SS.Tital
- You can't make more than 2 trips to Southern Island.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I worded it wrong lol.

You can leave and come back to the island if you didn't catch the other Eon twin via Eon Ticket. If you did though you are no longer able to re-enter the island.

Mera

Question, what would happen to cosplay pikachu if you make it evolve, would you have a cosplay raichu?

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Does cloning in ORAS work the same way that it did in XY? The trade glitch method thing?

Still same question.

AND

How do critical hits work in XY/ORAS? I know they only do 225% instead of 300% like before, but more so than that, I heard that they ignore stat adjustments? I remember I once had a Calm Mind Slobro vs Calm Mind Slowbro. We were both at +6SpA/SpD and he gets a critical hit on a Scald and it DESTROYED ME. That was with me resisting and at +6 SpD.

Now I'm using a Focus Sniper Scope Kingdra and want to know whether Calm Mind will do much to help

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Still same question.

AND

How do critical hits work in XY/ORAS? I know they only do 225% instead of 300% like before, but more so than that, I heard that they ignore stat adjustments? I remember I once had a Calm Mind Slobro vs Calm Mind Slowbro. We were both at +6SpA/SpD and he gets a critical hit on a Scald and it DESTROYED ME. That was with me resisting and at +6 SpD.

Now I'm using a Focus Sniper Scope Kingdra and want to know whether Calm Mind will do much to help

I don't know about cloning but criticals do ignore stats so things like Draco Meteor are spammable since you won't feel the SP ATK loses and they go through enemy DEF and SP DEF bonus (as you already saw). They also only go up to +4, +4 being 100% chance of landing a critical hit.

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
Still same question.

AND

Yes, as said in the above post, Critical Hits do NOT take stat changes into account. That means that even if you used 6 Calm Minds, The Scald will do the same amount of damage as if it did not have 6 Calm Minds, with the added crit damage.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Yes, as said in the above post, Critical Hits do NOT take stat changes into account. That means that even if you used 6 Calm Minds, The Scald will do the same amount of damage as if it did not have 6 Calm Minds, with the added crit damage.
But...
Bulbapedia: Critical Hit - Gen III-V said:
When a move lands a critical hit, the attacker's negative stat stages will be ignored while the defender's positive stat stages will be ignored...
So, according to that, crits only ignore the attackers negative stat modifications. Which, to me, explains why the Scald did 200HPs worth of damage even when resisted. It ignored my Defense bonus, but kept his offensive bonus.

So, I guess part of my question is: how are stat modifications stored calculated? Do increases and decreases LITERALLY cancel each other out? Or, if my 100%crit Kingdra gets a calm mind, will one Draco Meteor undo that? Or will I still keep my bonus, but ignore my decrease?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
if my 100%crit Kingdra gets a calm mind, will one Draco Meteor undo that? Or will I still keep my bonus, but ignore my decrease?

Draco Meteor would still drop the Kingdra's SAtk, but any subsequent critical Draco Meteor is treated as if the SAtk drop never happened, so any subsequent critical Draco Meteor is calculated with SAtk boost from CM, just like the Slowbro case.

At least that's what I think would happen.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
But...
So, according to that, crits only ignore the attackers negative stat modifications. Which, to me, explains why the Scald did 200HPs worth of damage even when resisted. It ignored my Defense bonus, but kept his offensive bonus.

So, I guess part of my question is: how are stat modifications stored calculated? Do increases and decreases LITERALLY cancel each other out? Or, if my 100%crit Kingdra gets a calm mind, will one Draco Meteor undo that? Or will I still keep my bonus, but ignore my decrease?

They cancel out.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I thought the ha event amaura was to come with magnet rise? Mine doesn't have it?

Mera

To reach energy ball it says you need a mach bike and acro bike, but for as far as I can tell you can only have one or the other. How can you get a mach bike and acro bike?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
You get the other bike by reaching specific NPC's utilizing the two bike features switching between bikes. You'll need to go to Rydel to switch bikes though.

Once you find all the NPCs go back to Rydel and he'll give you the other bike.

Mach Bike NPC is on Route 111
Acro Bike NPC is on Route 119

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
To reach energy ball it says you need a mach bike and acro bike, but for as far as I can tell you can only have one or the other. How can you get a mach bike and acro bike?

Adding to what TheBattleFrontierAsh1 said, you also need to speak to a NPC at the Battle Resort (any bike will do) before Rydel lets you use both bikes at the same time.