• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

I think I already know the answer to this, but if you received a mystery gift but never picked it up from the delivery girl, can you restart your game and still pick it up from her? I want to start over on my AS, but I don't want to lose my shiny Beldum or Eon Pass that I never picked up.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I think I already know the answer to this, but if you received a mystery gift but never picked it up from the delivery girl, can you restart your game and still pick it up from her? I want to start over on my AS, but I don't want to lose my shiny Beldum or Eon Pass that I never picked up.

No, you can't.

Best way to go is to just pick them up, but them in PokéBank, and send them back once you start a New Game.

XXD17

Draco rex
Has anyone else been having issues on battle spot with there 1.3 update? It seems that I can't battle people from Japan...every time, the battle starts and once the poke balls are shown, it says that the connection was interrupted...I could battle fine with people form other countries just not Japan...

nickM

hello,

I wanna sketch false swipes for my smeargle, but is there any pokemon in alpha sapphire that uses it in battle?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Has anyone else been having issues on battle spot with there 1.3 update? It seems that I can't battle people from Japan...every time, the battle starts and once the poke balls are shown, it says that the connection was interrupted...I could battle fine with people form other countries just not Japan...

People have been having issues with getting battles in general.
All with the same error message, no one knows what's going on.

Belgrim

If there is a thunderstorm on one of the routes, does it have any significance?
Also can wonder trade evolve pokemon?
Does the hatch o power cut the steps needed, or make your steps count double?

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
If there is a thunderstorm on one of the routes, does it have any significance?
Also can wonder trade evolve pokemon?
Does the hatch o power cut the steps needed, or make your steps count double?

Thunderstorms are part of the 4 day weather cycle installed in ORAS so other than battle rain weather effects this has no significance.
Yes, upon receiving a Pokemon that can evolve via trade, they will evolve. This includes Pokemon needing held items and a trade to evolve.
Hatching O Powers cut the steps needed to hatch the egg but do not effect your step count whatsoever.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
My question is about the shiny event Charizard: does anyone know if it becomes available for the Netherlands as well?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Why does the North American branch of Nintendo suck so much in regards to offering more/the same number of Event distributions as the rest of the world? I can understand how Japan should obviously get more Events, but NA (really, the Americas in general) get so little love? Is it really that much more expensive to offer similar distributions?

Edit: ya know, I kinda realized that this probably isn't the right thread for this question, but then I don't really know which thread would be right

Last edited:

Akashin

Why does the North American branch of Nintendo suck so much in regards to offering more/the same number of Event distributions as the rest of the world? I can understand how Japan should obviously get more Events, but NA (really, the Americas in general) get so little love? Is it really that much more expensive to offer similar distributions?

Edit: ya know, I kinda realized that this probably isn't the right thread for this question, but then I don't really know which thread would be right

Considering this is more a personal grievance than something any of us can logically be expected to do anything about, the Things that grind your gears thread would be as good a place as any.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Considering this is more a personal grievance than something any of us can logically be expected to do anything about, the Things that grind your gears thread would be as good a place as any.
true, but I actually wanted to know if there was an ananswer to it? Like, if there was some kind of contractual tie-up that makes it so difficult to distribute Events in North America vs other countries, or if there is a legitimate problem with Nintendo support in the States etc

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
true, but I actually wanted to know if there was an ananswer to it? Like, if there was some kind of contractual tie-up that makes it so difficult to distribute Events in North America vs other countries, or if there is a legitimate problem with Nintendo support in the States etc

Pokemon isn't as popular here. It's as simple as that when it comes down to it.

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Pokemon isn't as popular here. It's as simple as that when it comes down to it.

Pretty much that, I once worked with Nintendo here at Brazil, they do want to make events and was willing to let 3rd-party companies help with making events, the biggest issue is just how popular pokémon is.

I can't seem to encounter any of the three legendary Johto beasts in Alpha Sapphire. Well, Suicune was the only one who I was trying to look for when this happened looking for (this is a new file I started in this game, if it helps to know).

I have Lugia in my team, but when I get land there, I'm not getting any of those messages you would receive that tell you one of them is available for capture. Also, all I'm getting when I walk up to the ring is "a mysterious ring is floating in the air..." and that's it. Nothing else.

Does this have something to do with me resetting the file, the recent update or something else entirely?
Because I have no idea what's going on here.

Belgrim

I guess Americans only care about money? Ha ha. I mean there are many other companies out there that are American and host online games and have been seen to show less generosity than their other country counterparts.

And to Painkiller, you have to be there at a certain amount of minutes past the hour. The serebii site itself is where you can find more info regarding the times.

Last edited:
And to Painkiller, you have to be there at a certain amount of minutes past the hour. The serebii site itself is where you can find more info regarding the times.

I was there at the right time (for finding Suicune: between 20 and 40 minutes past the hour). This was at about 12:30 last night when this started happening.