• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I was there at the right time (for finding Suicune: between 20 and 40 minutes past the hour). This was at about 12:30 last night when this started happening.

Changing times on the DS (like for DST) or moving the game card from one DS or another seem to be common reasons that in game time of day stuff doesn't work.

or I suppose another possiblity is that it wasn't 20 minutes past the hour on the DS clock.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I can't seem to encounter any of the three legendary Johto beasts in Alpha Sapphire. Well, Suicune was the only one who I was trying to look for when this happened looking for (this is a new file I started in this game, if it helps to know).

I have Lugia in my team, but when I get land there, I'm not getting any of those messages you would receive that tell you one of them is available for capture. Also, all I'm getting when I walk up to the ring is "a mysterious ring is floating in the air..." and that's it. Nothing else.

Does this have something to do with me resetting the file, the recent update or something else entirely?
Because I have no idea what's going on here.

Did you mess with your clock to adjust the time or day recently?

Changing times on the DS (like for DST) or moving the game card from one DS or another seem to be common reasons that in game time of day stuff doesn't work.

or I suppose another possiblity is that it wasn't 20 minutes past the hour on the DS clock.

I have a few times switched my OR and AS games between my regular 3DS and New 3DS XL. It depended on which system I had when I was out of the house and which game I was playing at the time.
I hope I didn't screw my chances of getting any legendaries in this file for this reason alone...

Also, I don't think the times on my 3DS's were off in any major way. Granted, my regular 3DS is off by about 2 minutes than my XL, but still not off in any major capacity.

Did you mess with your clock to adjust the time or day recently?

Last time I remember changing the time on one/both of them was for daylight savings.

Last edited:

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Kinda pointless to ask but, If I add a friend from the PSS as a Secret Pal, do I get to raise my flag counter if ask him or her how many flags has he/she collected?

Also, does anyone use a particular strategy to capture the legendaries, in an easier way, without resorting to use the Master Ball? I spent like tons of balls and battle turns so I could use the Timer Balls, False Swipe, O power Capture lv. 1, but it's still hard.

grey wing

Johto League Champ
Also, does anyone use a particular strategy to capture the legendaries, in an easier way, without resorting to use the Master Ball? I spent like tons of balls and battle turns so I could use the Timer Balls, False Swipe, O power Capture lv. 1, but it's still hard.

false swipe and timer balls are never a bad call. I usually have the best luck paralyzing or freezing the legendary and using ultra or great balls.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I have a few times switched my OR and AS games between my regular 3DS and New 3DS XL. It depended on which system I had when I was out of the house and which game I was playing at the time.
I hope I didn't screw my chances of getting any legendaries in this file for this reason alone...

Also, I don't think the times on my 3DS's were off in any major way. Granted, my regular 3DS is off by about 2 minutes than my XL, but still not off in any major capacity.

Last time I remember changing the time on one/both of them was for daylight savings.

Changing DS or Time stops all timed in game events for something like 72 hrs.

Okay, that's reassuring. :)

But, does that mean 72 hours since the last time I tried to initiate a timed in-game event? Or just 72 hours since the first time?
Because the last time I tried to trigger just any one of the three Johto beasts again was about 2 hours ago.

Or does doing that extend the period I have to wait by, at the very least, a day?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Kinda pointless to ask but, If I add a friend from the PSS as a Secret Pal, do I get to raise my flag counter if ask him or her how many flags has he/she collected?

Yes you do, assuming they collected any flags the day you added them.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Okay, that's reassuring. :)

But, does that mean 72 hours since the last time I tried to initiate a timed in-game event? Or just 72 hours since the first time?
Because the last time I tried to trigger just any one of the three Johto beasts again was about 2 hours ago.

Or does doing that extend the period I have to wait by, at the very least, a day?

72 hours from the moment you change the time/DS.

Belgrim

I'm loving my hawlucha. But I'm curious, does unburden not activate with certain berries?

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
I understand this, but will the little sidebar show when the ability has been activated?
Nope, Unburden doesn't signal when it activates.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
To find the Toxic Plate - "In small patch of grass bordering Route 129 & 130 in the south Toxic Plaer". What's the Toxic Plaer?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
To find the Toxic Plate - "In small patch of grass bordering Route 129 & 130 in the south Toxic Plaer". What's the Toxic Plaer?

Just a typo that shouldn't be there.

ninjaethan

Konnichiwa ~!

It's actually 24 hours..
I changed my 3DS time, & couldn't get Suicune but 24 hours later, I was able to..
Soo.. To sum it up, it's 24 hours as I have tested it

Captainrex717

Catcher of 'Mons
Hello, I see you have a Shiny magnezone up for trade, would you like anything for it?

And would it just be a plain magnezone, or could i request certain IVs and natures??...

My friend code is: 1220 7680 6001

Last edited:

Autobot N

Hello, I see you have a Shiny magnezone up for trade, would you like anything for it?

And would it just be a plain magnezone, or could i request certain IVs and natures??...

My friend code is: 1220 7680 6001

Your supposed to do this stuff in the trading thread, not the Help thread.