• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
It's 72 hours in X/Y and OR/AS. I can't speak for your specific case, but it is most definitely 72 hours.
How sure are you about this? When I messed with my clock, it only took 24hours to right itself. I've heard some people say they had to wait up to 2 days, but this is the first I've heard the 72 hour rule

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
How sure are you about this? When I messed with my clock, it only took 24hours to right itself. I've heard some people say they had to wait up to 2 days, but this is the first I've heard the 72 hour rule

Joe tested it out when the games first came out, I've never done it personally since I barely play. So I may be misplaced in trusting him.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
where do you find the Odd Keystone to unlock/fight Spiritomb?

I found the room where Spiritomb's supposed to be, but i dont know how to "activate" him.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
where do you find the Odd Keystone to unlock/fight Spiritomb?

I found the room where Spiritomb's supposed to be, but i dont know how to "activate" him.

Directly from the main site:

After you have confronted Primal Groudon/Kyogre, when you get to Room 4 in Sea Mauville, you will hear of a presence like you're being watched. If you check the top left bookcase, you will learn that the Odd Keystone was lost on Sea Mauville, and then get another note about being watch. Then, if you select a menu option such as Items, Pokédex etc., then when you exit, the Odd Keystone will be behind you and Spiritomb will attack.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
may i ask where on the main site you found that? just so i dont have to ask again when i get to Sea Mauville in AS.

Reisuke

Apparently i died

On mine it's 24 hours too. I know people say it's supposed to be 72 but i'm sure it's 24

labarith

Question: Is there a mechanical difference between the two daycare centers? I've got a female contrary snivy with 4 max Ivs and a 6 max IV ditto with destiny knot in both locations, but I've been hatching 1 max IV pokes of late... doesn't make sense to me.

Never mind. Had the wrong ditto. grrr

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Question: Is there a mechanical difference between the two daycare centers? I've got a female contrary snivy with 4 max Ivs and a 6 max IV ditto with destiny knot in both locations, but I've been hatching 1 max IV pokes of late... doesn't make sense to me.

No, there is no difference between the two. If you have a 6IV Ditto and a 4IV Snivy in the Daycare Center, the fewest number of IVs on an offspring you can get is 3IVs. Either one of your parent Pokemon doesn't have as many IVs as you think it does, or you're calculating the number of IVs on the offspring wrong.

labarith

Thanks. I thought I had 2 6iv dittos on the game, turns out the 2nd one was just a random foreign one I picked up... doh.

Autobot N

I can't seem to encounter any of the three legendary Johto beasts in Alpha Sapphire. Well, Suicune was the only one who I was trying to look for when this happened looking for (this is a new file I started in this game, if it helps to know).

I have Lugia in my team, but when I get land there, I'm not getting any of those messages you would receive that tell you one of them is available for capture. Also, all I'm getting when I walk up to the ring is "a mysterious ring is floating in the air..." and that's it. Nothing else.

Does this have something to do with me resetting the file, the recent update or something else entirely?
Because I have no idea what's going on here.

Pretty sure it has to be Lugia/Ho-oh plus another legendary. Back on Omega Ruby, I didn't get them with just my Ho-oh. It also didn't work with Ho-oh and a Banked Lugia. It only worked when I had the Banked Lugia and a Banked Zekrom and Dialga.

EDIT: And for Eon Hero's request, it would be better to ask this question here.

Last edited:

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
I accidentally KO'ed Azelf. How do I get to challenge it again?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Beat the Elite 4 again and it will respawn.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Beat the Elite 4 again and it will respawn.

Thank you. Just to be sure, if any Legendary were to be KO'ed by accident more than once, do I have to defeat the Elite Four each time just to respawn any of them?

sagittar

Hi remind me to change this
How do you set Steven as your PSS icon? I've seen other people with it but I can't figure out how to do it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
How do you set Steven as your PSS icon? I've seen other people with it but I can't figure out how to do it.

iirc, Steven and Wally's PSS icon are only available through illegal method. For whatever reason, GF put them into the game but never made them available.

There's also a Pokemon Center icon that's supposed to be available only to special carts belonging to Pokemon Center staff, but are accessible by players through the same illegal method.

Headshot-Jackal465

The Kwisatz Haderach
Trying to encounter Regigigas. Does it appear if you have a Regice, Registeel, and Regirock that were captured in Pokemon Ruby version (for GBA) and then transferred into your Omega Ruby game? Or do you need to capture them in Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire specifically?

EDIT: Clarification -- caught Regice in Omega Ruby and Regirock and Registeel elsewhere.

EDIT 2: Just caught Registeel and Regirock anyways...but I'm still curious about whether someone has data on this...

EDIT 3: Seems as though the girl in Pacifidog Town only talks about Regigigas if you have caught all three (or at least opened the inner doors to all three--unconfirmed which) IN THIS SPECIFIC GAME. Tried talking to her for about 10 minutes to no avail, then caught Regirock and Registeel and got her to tell me about Regigigas first try.

I'm unsure if this is helpful or useful knowledge (and y'all probably knew all of this anyways), but I wanted to report this anyways, just in case. Guess this was kind of a self-help thread in the end for me! ;)

Last edited: