• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Does rest cure frozen pokemon?

No, as the freeze condition prevents the Pokemon from using Rest. Flame Wheel, Sacred Fire, Flare Blitz, Scald and the unreleased Steam Eruption are the only moves a Pokemon can successfully use while frozen.

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
No, as the freeze condition prevents the Pokemon from using Rest. Flame Wheel, Sacred Fire, Flare Blitz, Scald and the unreleased Steam Eruption are the only moves a Pokemon can successfully use while frozen.
Thanks, that's what I thought

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
You can start collecting BP at any point in the game. However, you can only cash them in when you get to the Battle Resort at the end of the game (after the Delta Episode)

About this, still: I have about 188 PokeMiles in-game, can I convert these into BP or is it just the ones in PokeBank, specifically?

Crystagon

About this, still: I have about 188 PokeMiles in-game, can I convert these into BP or is it just the ones in PokeBank, specifically?
No, you can't convert Poke Miles into BP.

Edit: Oh, forgot about the Poke Miles shops; thanks guys for noting that.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
This is true, however there is a shop in Mauville where you can cash in Poke Miles for items without the need for BP. That's not really what you asked but...

Also, If you can go online with your game, You can also swap for a better price and have a larger selection of items at: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/

Serebii's pages: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/pokemiles.shtml (This is the store that I quoted)
http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/attractions.shtml Other items to get.

MaxTheRipper23

Can someone hold some pokemon for me while I restart? So I bought this game used and it has some pokemon I'd like to have when I start my own journey. There's about 6-8 pokemon I'd like for someone to hold for me for about two days. I'll be offering any type of pokemon you might be interested in or maybe items that you might want.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Can someone hold some pokemon for me while I restart? So I bought this game used and it has some pokemon I'd like to have when I start my own journey. There's about 6-8 pokemon I'd like for someone to hold for me for about two days. I'll be offering any type of pokemon you might be interested in or maybe items that you might want.

This might be risky business but you should ask this in the Trade Forum if anything. Ideally I'd try to find a friend to do that for you since asking someone you don't know isn't the safest idea.

Autobot N

You could save up the money and buy Pokemon Bank. I got it at first solely for the free Celebi (which isn't available anymore btw), but it turned out to be some of the best $5 I ever spent (I restart files a lot).

MaxTheRipper23

You could save up the money and buy Pokemon Bank. I got it at first solely for the free Celebi (which isn't available anymore btw), but it turned out to be some of the best $5 I ever spent (I restart files a lot).

Are you saying I can put away pokemon in an app, restart a new file and be able to get my pokemon again? Holy cow that sounds beautiful. Ideally I would like a friend to hold my pokemon and all but the reason I asked here is because no friend of mine plays pokemon anymore.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Are you saying I can put away pokemon in an app, restart a new file and be able to get my pokemon again? Holy cow that sounds beautiful. Ideally I would like a friend to hold my pokemon and all but the reason I asked here is because no friend of mine plays pokemon anymore.

Yes that is exactly what he is saying.
Bank is $5 + tax US/year. You have to spend $10 to get get it then you have a credit for the following year.

Koumashiki

ポケモントレーナーになる?
My friend accidentally killed Mesprit in Nameless Cavern and saved the game, without me knowing until today. And now, when I came back there at the time Mesprit supposed to appear, there was nothing.
So it won't respawn and I can never catch it?

Autobot N

My friend accidentally killed Mesprit in Nameless Cavern and saved the game, without me knowing until today. And now, when I came back there at the time Mesprit supposed to appear, there was nothing.
So it won't respawn and I can never catch it?

I believe you need to beat the E4 again.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Thanks NotABeginn and Nutter, though it's BP that I'm going for because of the move tutors. (And let's just say I'm not very fond of the Battle Maison.)

About the Pokebank still, is there a formula that determines the amount of Pokemiles you earn?
The main site only mentions the longer and more pokemon you have stored in, the more pokemiles you get.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
About the Pokebank still, is there a formula that determines the amount of Pokemiles you earn?
The main site only mentions the longer and more pokemon you have stored in, the more pokemiles you get.

I'm fairly certain that every time that you deposit or withdraw a Pokemon, you get 1 Pokemile. This is what I've seen so far from my experience, but I might be wrong about this.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
You can just check Bank to see how much BP/Pokemile you can get, but don't withdraw/deposit anything.

Then on the next day, on the same time, check how many BP/Pokemiles are there now.

philis401

Is it possible to have both versions and be able to send both hideouts from each version to another on the same DS? Or is it not possible with one DS?

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Is it possible to have both versions and be able to send both hideouts from each version to another on the same DS? Or is it not possible with one DS?

I assume you're talking about Secret Bases, and if you are, then no, you cannot swap between versions the same 3DS. The Bases are transferred via passing or streetpassing, which can't be done with a single system.