• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Crescent Island appeared today, so I decided to catch Crescelia. No issues there. Then I decided to see what other areas I could soar to today. When I got to the Pathless Plain and Namelss Cavern, the rings were there, but no Pokémon battles began. I haven't caught any other Eon Flute Pokémon yet. Are you only able to find one per day? Thanks

Edit: I also found the Fabled Cave and I was able to battle Reshiram. Is it just random that some locations have a legendary and some don't each day?

Some locations like the Pathless Plain has 3 different legendaries to it and extra requirements, if you, for example, already have Virizion, going to the Pathless Plain at it's time of the day will result in island with ring but no legendary.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So I finally got Omega Ruby, and I'm just about ready to travel to Fortree. The good news: I ended up getting a Milotic for my team. The bad news: I forgot to deselect my Old Rod and register my Good Rod (I was traveling with my family at the time, and we ended up stopping for lunch while I was looking for my original plan, a Carvanha, so I ended up with no Good Rod registered and Old Rod instead), so my Milotic is at level 17 instead of a probable 27, and I wasted the two Heart Scales I had that didn't go towards teaching Gardevoir Moonblast teaching it Twister and Disarming Voice to give it moves until I can grind it to par with my team. I can't just stick it in fhe Day-Care for ten levels because I don't want it to forget those moves until I have better options for it, nor can I just catch and evolve a higher-leveled one, since I blew all my Oran and Chesto Berries making Pokeblocks to raise its Beauty.

So, my ramblings aside, what's the best training spot for a level 17 Milotic?

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
So, my ramblings aside, what's the best training spot for a level 17 Milotic?

That really depends on how far you are in the game. Suffice it to say, look at the Area Nav, and under the trainers section, you can see all the available trainers that are willing to rebattle. Those are often the best sources for experience that you'll find in this game. The area around Mauville is a hotspot, though. Two trainers to the east, one Aroma Girl and one Guitarist. Four trainers to the west, two Breeders, one Triathlete, and a pair of Students that will double battle you. Five to the south; on Route 110, there's a PokeFan and a Collector on the low road, and a Triathlete on the bike road; on Route 103, there's a PokeFan and a pair of Twins that will double battle you.

That area is really good for experience if you appropriately use the rebattles on your Area Nav.

Ultimately though, the best thing to do is to make a path through Hoenn, fighting every trainer that's willing to rebattle you.

Navarch

Is it worth it to find a Rattled (Scrappy) Whismur? I feel like Soundproof is good too, plus, Exploud can learn Shadow Ball.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Is it worth it to find a Rattled (Scrappy) Whismur? I feel like Soundproof is good too, plus, Exploud can learn Shadow Ball.

Scrappy has way more of a use than Soundproof will. Soundproof only works against certain moves in the game (which aren't even common)
Scrappy allows you to bop any Ghost type with stab so you don't need to waste a moveslot on Dark or Ghost moves.

Go with Scrappy.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Not gameplay related, but in Magma's hideout, there's a grunt that mentions that A and Z in AZOTH stand for alpha and omega, respectively. What are the other letters supposed to mean?

BCVM22

There's no definitive in-universe answer to that, but "azoth" is a term unto itself, complete with an explanation as to the etymology:

The spelling consists of the initial letter of the Latin, Greek and Hebrew alphabets followed by the final letters of the Latin alphabet (Z), the Greek alphabet (Omega) and the Hebrew alphabet (Tau)

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Not gameplay related, but in Magma's hideout, there's a grunt that mentions that A and Z in AZOTH stand for alpha and omega, respectively. What are the other letters supposed to mean?

Not an actual answer, but O T H corresponds to the Braille patterns on Registeel, Regice, and Regirock respectively.

But yeab azoth is also an actual word and doesn't necessarily need to draw from anything.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
That really depends on how far you are in the game. Suffice it to say, look at the Area Nav, and under the trainers section, you can see all the available trainers that are willing to rebattle. Those are often the best sources for experience that you'll find in this game. The area around Mauville is a hotspot, though. Two trainers to the east, one Aroma Girl and one Guitarist. Four trainers to the west, two Breeders, one Triathlete, and a pair of Students that will double battle you. Five to the south; on Route 110, there's a PokeFan and a Collector on the low road, and a Triathlete on the bike road; on Route 103, there's a PokeFan and a pair of Twins that will double battle you.

That area is really good for experience if you appropriately use the rebattles on your Area Nav.

Ultimately though, the best thing to do is to make a path through Hoenn, fighting every trainer that's willing to rebattle you.

I ended up figuring that out myself. I just rematched whatever Trainers I could while doing whatever little odds and ends occurred to me.

So now I'm in Fortree, with Winona taken care of. Thanks to all the extra experience I ended up with from training Milotic, half my team is level 34, and the other half is 36. Bearing that in mind, is it worth it for me to tackle the sea routes that run from Petalburg to Slateport? Or more importantly, any worthwhile TMs that can be found along the way (as in, Sea Mauville?) For reference, my team is Blaziken, Shiftry, Gardevoir, Manectric, Vibrava, and the aforementioned Milotic. Also, I'm aware of Sludge Bomb, but unless Shiftry can somehow learn it, I really don't have a need for it.

Leafy Sea Dragon

Cobalion isn't showing up for me, yet Virizon did hours ago the previous day. (Currently 1 am)

5 of my pokemon have maxed EVs, I have the same party as I did battling Virizon.

I don't recall messing with the 3DS clock, I wouldn't think that plays a role anyway since I was able to encounter Virizon.

Another thing I should probably add is that I recently (yesterday) added Blissey bases to my game, so I can't access those bases at the moment of course. I can't see why it would affect Cobalion though...

Edit: 2am, text on island encountered.

Edit2: 11am good morning, I realized my 3DS is an hour behind, but Colbalion didn't show up at 1am. :eek:

Last edited:

1kipper

I'm hoping to catch a shiny stantler. Serebii says stantler can be found on mirage mountain. Well I'm at mirage mountain & dex nav says I've caught every possible Pokemon in the area. Stantler isn't showing as one of those mon. What's going on, is the Serebii pokedex location info wrong?

KillerDraco

I'm hoping to catch a shiny stantler. Serebii says stantler can be found on mirage mountain. Well I'm at mirage mountain & dex nav says I've caught every possible Pokemon in the area. Stantler isn't showing as one of those mon. What's going on, is the Serebii pokedex location info wrong?

There is more than one Mirage Mountain. Only the one located west of Route 104 has Stantler.

1kipper

Oh right, thanks, no idea where my mirage mountain is, will have to take to the sky & figure it out

I dont have the correct mirage mountain, if I get it via streetpass etc will it stay on my game for 24 hours or until I streetpass again?

Last edited by a moderator:

AmphyLucky13

Purduuuu Says Amphy
After attempting to do research on this question first, I'm still rather confused. I'm hoping I can get an accurate answer here without my thoughts going all over the place, preventing me from understanding it (so many numbers lol)

I just bred this Pidove for fun who I'll be evolving into an Unfezant, and it has the ability Super Luck (though I'm not planning on going competitive), and I was thinking of using Super Luck + Sky Attack + Scope Lens/Razor Claw. What would Unfezant's critical hit ratio % be if I combined all those three variables? Also would like to know the answer to if I replaced Sky Attack with Night Slash, would it be the same critical hit ratio % or would it be a different result? Thanks for your help! :)

Edit: Thanks SpiredMoth! 100% chance sounds like a lot of fun to test and play with. It's great that they made critical hits have a better chance of landing, as opposed to previous generations.

Last edited:

SpiredMoth

HA Merchant
After attempting to do research on this question first, I'm still rather confused. I'm hoping I can get an accurate answer here without my thoughts going all over the place, preventing me from understanding it (so many numbers lol)

I just bred this Pidove for fun who I'll be evolving into an Unfezant, and it has the ability Super Luck (though I'm not planning on going competitive), and I was thinking of using Super Luck + Sky Attack + Scope Lens/Razor Claw. What would Unfezant's critical hit ratio % be if I combined all those three variables? Also would like to know the answer to if I replaced Sky Attack with Night Slash, would it be the same critical hit ratio % or would it be a different result? Thanks for your help! :)

Seeing as Sky Attack had its critical hit ratio increased for Gen VI, the chance of a critical is the same as Night Slash. According to both Serebii's and Bulbapedia's pages on critical hits, a Sky Attack from a Super Luck Unfezant holding a Scope Lens will always result in a critical hit.

Deranged

Is there actually a Magma Grunt in the Aqua hideout? According to Serebii's Pokéarth section on that area there is (and the reverse in Omega Ruby), but I can't find him.

Is this a mistake, or am I missing something...?

Umbreon :3

Pokemanic
Hey I'm sorry if this was already asked but.. is it possible to get a sylveon on ORAS (not from trading) because I had an eevee and gave it a fairy move and gave it 2 hearts. It evolved into a espeon. Did I do something wrong?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Odd. It should evolve into a Sylveon under those conditions, especially if Amie is a thing. I'll have to try that myself.

This isn't really help, more like information gathering. How many people used their Master Ball on Deoxys? Because I'm thinking of doing that.