• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I want to catch a Calm Tornadus in Omega Ruby but i am unsure if i already caught or killed it. Let's assume i killed it, will it re-appear after defeating the champion? Will it re-appear at all?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I want to catch a Calm Tornadus in Omega Ruby but i am unsure if i already caught or killed it. Let's assume i killed it, will it re-appear after defeating the champion? Will it re-appear at all?

It will re-appear after beating the Elite 4 yes.

1kipper

What are the benefits of swapping FC in Oras? In X it gives you access to the other players safari but if it just means obtain access to their secret base then there's not much point (IMO)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
What are the benefits of swapping FC in Oras? In X it gives you access to the other players safari but if it just means obtain access to their secret base then there's not much point (IMO)

I think it just allows access to their Secret Base, nothing else, just what you said.

1kipper

Thank you, I was rather hoping it would also increase the mirage islands that become available daily, but alas......

Mew_1

If I get a Hidden Ability Nidorino and evolve it will it still pass along its Hidden Ability?

If I remember correctly Nidoking and Nidoqueen can't breed, so if you want to try for offspring with the hidden ability, you should try before evolution...

Mew_1

Nidoking can Breed.
Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't.

Heh. I thought it was just their final evolutions. Thanks for clearing that up, then.

Is there any way to get both Bullet Punch and Crunch onto a HA Riolu without having to chain thru multiple parent Lucarios, or is breeding thru a Smeargle that's Sketched both moves the easiest and fastest method?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
There's nothing else that even gets both moves at all, let alone via level-up; considering that Lucario needs a happiness investment, you're probably best off just breeding them on through Smeargle.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I can Sketch moves off my own Pokémon in a double battle, right? Or do they have to be used on Smeargle by the opponent?

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Yeah, that's what I figured. I can Sketch moves off my own Pokémon in a double battle, right? Or do they have to be used on Smeargle by the opponent?

You can Sketch your own Pokemon.

Just be aware that If your student Smergle is faster than the "Teacher" you'll need to waste a Turn of the student before using Sketch, to make sure the move is taught. Also Be aware that Moves Like Follow Me can be used by certain Opponent Pairs which will Prevent you sketching the Teacher. I found out the hard way in Gen 3 how Follow me works.

Just be aware that If your student Smergle is faster than the "Teacher" you'll need to waste a Turn of the student before using Sketch, to make sure the move is taught. Also Be aware that Moves Like Follow Me can be used by certain Opponent Pairs which will Prevent you sketching the Teacher. I found out the hard way in Gen 3 how Follow me works.

Thanks, I got it taken care of already. Yeah, wasting turns on slower Pokémon wasn't something I expected would happen, I thought Sketch got negative speed priority. Now comes the arduous task of hatching a female Riolu with Prankster...

Mew_1

The sketching in Emerald hahaha.
I ended up using the trainers right by the daycare, since they'd double battle me.

Oh, I asked this before about a page back, but still can't find an answer anywhere...
Why do certain Pokémon not show up when I'm battling trainers in their secret base? Rayquaza, for example. I can battle the other two members of the trio...

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Why can't I receive the HA Unova starter gifts? It says Your Game card cannot receive the gift provided by this code? :S I'm pretty sure my game is US version...

@Mew_1: Um, maybe the trainers you're battling simply don't have a Rayquaza in their party? It's based on the first three Pokémon in their party when they either Game Sync or create a QR code for their base. The Grunts only have Pokémon related to their trainer class, you can't see what their real Pokémon are unless they're your own Secret Pals in your own base.

@Ryohei: The code for them is the same internationally, right? Perhaps there's something wrong with your game card or 3DS that's causing the error. Did you use any third-party devices on it, or modify your 3DS in some way? It might simply be that you switched 3DS systems and it doesn't recognize the other system's NNID. You could also take the error code to the PGL help page, they'll probably be able to tell you what's wrong with it.