• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

AlaCritical Hit

Brother my brother
From what I've heard, you can just run away to re-encounter the Eon Ticket Lati@s without having to beat the Elite Four. This is more efficient than soft resetting as it is quicker without having to go through the title screen.

I know that you can re-encounter the Eon Ticket Lati immediately after running from it or defeating it. I'm not sure if shininess also resets if you use this method.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I know that you can re-encounter the Eon Ticket Lati immediately after running from it or defeating it. I'm not sure if shininess also resets if you use this method.

Yes, the values for it will be recalculated and re-randomised, including the values that affect Shininess, IVs and Nature.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Hello~ ^^
I was wondering if the Dragonite codes still work? the US ones.
And, I've been trying to get the berries from berry master's wife and every time I try the "SUPER HUSTLE " one, She gives me a random berry instead of the rare one. Am I doing something wrong?

AlaCritical Hit

Brother my brother
I've been trying to get the berries from berry master's wife and every time I try the "SUPER HUSTLE " one, She gives me a random berry instead of the rare one. Am I doing something wrong?

You have to type in just "HUSTLE" in all caps, not "SUPER HUSTLE".

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
If I encounter a shiny ponyta with run away ability, I don't have to worry about it running away right? I mean its not possible for it to run away from battle right?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If I encounter a shiny ponyta with run away ability, I don't have to worry about it running away right? I mean its not possible for it to run away from battle right?

No, you don't. If it's a wild Pokémon, it won't run away but if it's your Pokémon, you can run away from any wild battle.

KetsuekiR

Bippity Boop

As Mega Altaria mentioned, no it will not run away. However, watch out because Ponyta tends to have Take Down. If you are going to catch one, donot use False Swipe to bring it down to 1HP because there is a very hogh chance it will use Take Down and faint itself. Try to keep it above or around 50% HP and put it to sleep or paralyze it. Worst feeling ever when a shiny faints itself.

askaloso

I'm trying to breed shiny. I usually use a father(ditto and others) with 6 IVs holding destiny knot and the mother(the intended pokemon like charmander) with 5 IVs holding everstone. So far I got 4 shiny, Charmander with 5 IVs, Klefki with 6 IVs, Rotom and Hawlucha with 4 IVs. So I was wondering if using a perfect IV Pokemon is reducing my chances of getting shinies.. I mean, shiny is based on PID and PIV right? So. Should I swap the parent and let the eggs have less IV or just the perfect parent? I mean I got a shiny flawless klefki..

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm trying to breed shiny. I usually use a father(ditto and others) with 6 IVs holding destiny knot and the mother(the intended pokemon like charmander) with 5 IVs holding everstone. So far I got 4 shiny, Charmander with 5 IVs, Klefki with 6 IVs, Rotom and Hawlucha with 4 IVs. So I was wondering if using a perfect IV Pokemon is reducing my chances of getting shinies.. I mean, shiny is based on PID and PIV right? So. Should I swap the parent and let the eggs have less IV or just the perfect parent? I mean I got a shiny flawless klefki..

IVs have no effect on determining shiny chance.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
And so its not possible getting the event Rayquaza without the serial code right? They ran out in here and I didnt get a chance to fetch any >.<

It's not possible to get Shiny Rayquaza in game in ORAS. The serial code guarantees a Shiny Rayquaza, but since your local store ran out, your only options are to trade or to perform a cross-generational transfer from RSE/HGSS to ORAS.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Acdog

Does anyone know if knocking out Latios in AS makes it a different Latios when it respawns? I've done this a thousand times and have just now realized that maybe its shiny chances are not changing because I'm not running away. Any information would be appreciated!

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Does anyone know if knocking out Latios in AS makes it a different Latios when it respawns? I've done this a thousand times and have just now realized that maybe its shiny chances are not changing because I'm not running away. Any information would be appreciated!

Well you can soft-reset or runaway from Latios. Not sure if knocking it out has the same effect but if you can run away from it then I believe knocking it out has the same chances as running away.

Ant_TKD

I just got my first shiny by chain-fishing (a Wailmer) and I want to know what to do to get different shiny Pokemon. Is there a way to ensure that I repeatedly encounter the same Pokemon or is the best I can do is to choose the required rod and hope that RNG makes the Shiny Pokemon be the species I want?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just got my first shiny by chain-fishing (a Wailmer) and I want to know what to do to get different shiny Pokemon. Is there a way to ensure that I repeatedly encounter the same Pokemon or is the best I can do is to choose the required rod and hope that RNG makes the Shiny Pokemon be the species I want?

As what I know, you have to keep on using the required rod to encounter the Pokémon and hope that RNG gets you the desired Shiny species. I strongly recommend that you lead with a Suction Cups/Sticky Hold Pokémon to get the best chance to hook a Pokémon and to reduce the chance of breaking the chain.

Ant_TKD

As what I know, you have to keep on using the required rod to encounter the Pokémon and hope that RNG gets you the desired Shiny species. I strongly recommend that you lead with a Suction Cups/Sticky Hold Pokémon to get the best chance to hook a Pokémon and to reduce the chance of breaking the chain.

So if I use a Good Rod on a Route where a Good Rod can get me a Horsea or a Magikarp, there isn't a way to ensure it's the Horsea U keep reeling in?

Acdog

So if I use a Good Rod on a Route where a Good Rod can get me a Horsea or a Magikarp, there isn't a way to ensure it's the Horsea U keep reeling in?

Correct. I chain fished Horsea in Y in an area where Skrelp and Dragalge was more common. I ended up with like 11 shiny Dragalge before I got Horsea.