• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The Singapore codes could be used in any game.

Snoo

Work Hard, Play Hard
Have been out of the loop for a while, but has Hoopa been made available in the U.S. yet? If so how can you get one?

The Maxsoft Hoopa distribution in Singapore. It requires a code which works for NA/JPN consoles. :)

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Do pokemons' natures matter when it comes to the Contest Spectacular?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Do pokemons' natures matter when it comes to the Contest Spectacular?

AS Far as I can tell - No. Natures don't have an effect on ORAS Contests Spectacular at all.

In older game, RSE or DPPt, Natures did affect which how much the Contest stats were increased.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Is it possible to use Lock On to guarantee a KO from a move like Drill Run?

Lock on provides a guarantee hit for your next move. Drill Run would only knock out the pokemon if your pokemon is strong enough and/or it does super effective damage on a pokemon.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I'm trying to get Cresselia in my Alpha Sapphire game. I've got two questions regarding this.

1.) If I have already caught Cresselia in my Omega Ruby, can I still randomly get the Crescent Isle?
2.) If I get the Crescent Isle through Wifi Street Pass on my Omega Ruby, can I re-Street Pass it to my Alpha Sapphire?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm trying to get Cresselia in my Alpha Sapphire game. I've got two questions regarding this.

1.) If I have already caught Cresselia in my Omega Ruby, can I still randomly get the Crescent Isle?
2.) If I get the Crescent Isle through Wifi Street Pass on my Omega Ruby, can I re-Street Pass it to my Alpha Sapphire?

1. Once you've caught Cresselia, you can still re-encounter Crescent Isle again. After I've caught Cresselia, I've found Crescent Isle a couple of times but not on the same day I've caught Cresselia.

2. Yes, you can, if you have two 3DSes.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
1. Once you've caught Cresselia, you can still re-encounter Crescent Isle again. After I've caught Cresselia, I've found Crescent Isle a couple of times but not on the same day I've caught Cresselia.

2. Yes, you can, if you have two 3DSes.

Thank you for the rapid response, friend. Good to know I have double the chances to get Cresselia this time around. It took me a month to get Cresselia on my Omega Ruby, so hopefully it won't take so long.

Problem. I got the Crescent Isle on my ex's Alpha Sapphire on a second 3DS that she had been using for that game, but when I Street Pass with my own Alpha Sapphire (using a second 3DS) it isn't sharing the Isle. I already got 30 Street Passes from WiFi, so is that what's restricting it? How long will the Crescent Isle be in that other game for, and what's my window of opportunity?

EDIT: Just tried it again eight hours later, and it's still not working. It wouldn't Street Pass that island to my main game, like you said it would.

Last edited:

NotABeginningTrainer

Lock on provides a guarantee hit for your next move. Drill Run would only knock out the pokemon if your pokemon is strong enough and/or it does super effective damage on a pokemon.

I'm a little late, but they were probably referring to Horn Drill, the OHKO move. And yes, it will guarantee the hit.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just tried it again eight hours later, and it's still not working. It wouldn't Street Pass that island to my main game, like you said it would.

I usually get Crescent Isle using online StreetPasses but anyways, yes, there is a time restriction but I think it lasts for 8 hours. As what I know of, this time restriction is only for online StreetPasses, from when I was trying to get new Secret Bases so I could obtain more flags. The main source I checked was Serebii.net and it simply said 'StreetPass', which I interpreted as either an online one or local one. Since I assumed both, I thought you could use two methods to obtain the Crescent Isle from a 3DS that has one.

EDIT: Did you check the BuzzNav notifications right before you went soaring?

Last edited:

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I usually get Crescent Isle using online StreetPasses but anyways, yes, there is a time restriction but I think it lasts for 8 hours. As what I know of, this time restriction is only for online StreetPasses, from when I was trying to get new Secret Bases so I could obtain more flags. The main source I checked was Serebii.net and it simply said 'StreetPass', which I interpreted as either an online one or local one. Since I assumed both, I thought you could use two methods to obtain the Crescent Isle from a 3DS that has one.

EDIT: Did you check the BuzzNav notifications right before you went soaring?

Yes, of course I checked it. Sometimes the "news" icon won't show up on the small BuzzNav thumbnail, so I always swap over to make sure there aren't any new notifications.

But, I also tried it eight hours later, and it still didn't work. I think there's a difference between a 3DS that generated the Crescent Isle for itself, and one that got it from Street Pass. Which is a darn shame, honestly. The two games would Street Pass with one another, but it wouldn't share the Crescent Isle. Oh well, looks like I'm in it for the long haul again. Le sigh.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yes, of course I checked it. Sometimes the "news" icon won't show up on the small BuzzNav thumbnail, so I always swap over to make sure there aren't any new notifications.

But, I also tried it eight hours later, and it still didn't work. I think there's a difference between a 3DS that generated the Crescent Isle for itself, and one that got it from Street Pass. Which is a darn shame, honestly. The two games would Street Pass with one another, but it wouldn't share the Crescent Isle. Oh well, looks like I'm in it for the long haul again. Le sigh.

Tough luck, I guess. Hope that you'll find Crescent Isle soon! The best chance to find Crescent Isle as what I know of so far is via online StreetPassing.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
How do I get a fossil pokemon in a specific ball?
I don't know any where you can catch the fossils. If you can't catch a female in the ball of choice you can't get them in a specific ball.
(They may have been some in Dream World and someone may not have used a Dream ball to catch them. So maybe ask in the trade threads.)

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
There's no way to get an exeggcute/exeggutor to know both teleinesis and grassy terrain, is there?

Telekinesis is currently only accessible through level up, but it used to be tmable. But I can't breed for an exeggcute to get both grassy terrain and telekinesis even though it used to be able to learn it in gen 5, huh? :(