• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

pantrias1996

Hello i want to complete my pokedex is anyone who can help me to trade i need a Kingdra a Dusknoir and a Rhyperior i just want to add them to pokedex i send them back to the original owner after that
me friend code is 5301-2167-4802

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Last edited:

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Hey guys, for the past couple of weeks I've been unable to perform Wonder Trades, I keep getting the message saying "We couldn't find a trading partner. Try again later" something like that.
How can I solve this? Thanks in advance.

DJCoopDog

I need advice on soft resetting for shiny eggs... I have rea in multiple places to save before the daycare man/lad gets an egg then hatch it and soft reset if it's not shiny... My question is though... wouldn't that potentially change the ivs/ability? I have a shiny Japanese Ditto and a shiny American Gallade and want to hatch a shiny Ralts so I can have a shiny Gardevoir too... the abilities i've been getting while just normally breeding are trace and synchronize... But whenever I soft reset and tryagain... the ability/ivs stay the same... Am I doing something wrong? Thanks ahead of time.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I need advice on soft resetting for shiny eggs... I have rea in multiple places to save before the daycare man/lad gets an egg then hatch it and soft reset if it's not shiny... My question is though... wouldn't that potentially change the ivs/ability? I have a shiny Japanese Ditto and a shiny American Gallade and want to hatch a shiny Ralts so I can have a shiny Gardevoir too... the abilities i've been getting while just normally breeding are trace and synchronize... But whenever I soft reset and tryagain... the ability/ivs stay the same... Am I doing something wrong? Thanks ahead of time.
You have to get at least two eggs.

The first egg can not be soft reset. However as long as you don't save and shut the game off, the second egg can be. I do this when I'm breeding pokémon to prevent having a bunch of pokémon/eggs leftover in my box. The first egg is something that I'm not too picky about and the second egg I check and see if it has desired ivs, nature, whatever.

Also, just letting you know two shinies I don't believe will help you get a shiny. However the fat that the two parents are different regions will help.

---

Now for my own question in regards to current Christmas tourney. Is it still minimum of three battles to get the delibird prize?

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Hi everyone! I need help to know information about getting Shiny in my Pokemon AS from DexNev.
I need some question how to use so I know how to hunt shiny myself. Please?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Hi everyone! I need help to know information about getting Shiny in my Pokemon AS from DexNev.
I need some question how to use so I know how to hunt shiny myself. Please?

The Dexnav doesn't increase the chance of finding a shiny pokemon but you can still chain for stats, egg moves and hidden abilities. If you are lucky then you would encounter a shiny in a chain. To chain, just choose the pokemon on the dexnav and search for it. Catch or defeat it to continue the chain. Running or fleeing the battle breaks the chain.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
The Dexnav doesn't increase the chance of finding a shiny pokemon but you can still chain for stats, egg moves and hidden abilities. If you are lucky then you would encounter a shiny in a chain. To chain, just choose the pokemon on the dexnav and search for it. Catch or defeat it to continue the chain. Running or fleeing the battle breaks the chain.

Mmm, another thing. What happen if I choose a Pokemon to chain isn't show up? Like it stop showing in the middle of chain.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Then you might have to walk around a bit before choosing it again to appear. I usually take about 20 steps or more.

I see. Hopefully, I will a chance to get shiny pokemon. Wish me luck. Thanks, Alexander18!

xSuiicune

Having a bit of an issue with Mirage Spots in AS. I have gotten them to show up and I was gonna go for the beasts (or any of the trios really) but when I would go to the area it'd just say "A Mysterious Ring is Floating..." or whatever the message was, without activating the ring. Now I hadn't done any Mirage Spots in general or changed my clock but I just can't get the Mirage Spots to work and it sorta sucks cause I'd like to take care of the post-game stuff.

Any idea what it could be?

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Hey guys, for the past couple of weeks I've been unable to perform Wonder Trades, I keep getting the message saying "We couldn't find a trading partner. Try again later" something like that.
How can I solve this? Thanks in advance.

In addition to this, I seemingly can't trade with friends on the PSS, though I still can use the GTS. I'm strongly inclined to think it's because I'm using mobile data for connectivity. Any suggestions?

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Does anyone know on average how long it takes to get a Shiny through the Masuda method? Cause I am Breeding for a Shiny Buneary and I am currently on egg 120 and still nothing, I really thought this quickened the process? :/

BCVM22

There is no average length of time. Probability doesn't work that way - it doesn't "stack" with each attempt, which is to say the number of attempts has no bearing on your odds, which remain ever constant. Even with the Masuda method, you're rolling a many (many)-sided die every time and the probabilities are extremely heavily weighted against you. You could hit it on your first try, you could try a thousand times and not get one.

There's no advice anyone can give you save for you to keep trying.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Does anyone know on average how long it takes to get a Shiny through the Masuda method? Cause I am Breeding for a Shiny Buneary and I am currently on egg 120 and still nothing, I really thought this quickened the process? :/

It would take too much effort to find such results. And there won't be a definite average for such thing because it all depends on RNG. Chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon with Masuda method and Shiny Charm in Gen 6 is 1/512, which doesn't mean one every 512 Pokémon hatched is Shiny found using this method. It's more like rolling a 512-side die and trying to get one particular side.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Thanks guys for the feedback as I post this I am currently on 211 eggs and still no shiny Buneary so i guess just wish me luck :3

Sorry to double post but if you have a pokemon with an egg move and you delete said egg moves then transfer that same pokemon to another game can they relearn said deleted move in a move remimder in the game that they were traded to? Like say from X to Alpha Sapphire?

Last edited by a moderator:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
The average would eventually be 512 eggs. The larger a data set, the closer to the odds the average will be. But you really shouldn't focus on the odds or an average. Your results won't be the same as everyone else's.

Thanks guys for the feedback as I post this I am currently on 211 eggs and still no shiny Buneary so i guess just wish me luck :3

Sorry to double post but if you have a pokemon with an egg move and you delete said egg moves then transfer that same pokemon to another game can they relearn said deleted move in a move remimder in the game that they were traded to? Like say from X to Alpha Sapphire?
I haven't tested this to be 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure just like IVs and EVs, moves the Pokémon has known are tied to that individual Pokémon. No matter what game it gets transferred to, the game will know that the Pokémon has known that move in the past.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~