• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Wartortled

Just need someone to confirm for me.. but I was under the impression that event legendaries DID NOT COUNT when completing the full National Pokedex. But I've got all Pokemon besides Darkrai, Volcanion, and Genesect. So... do I need to get all three before getting credit for completing the Pokedex (and the shiny charm thing)? Super annoyed =P

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Just need someone to confirm for me.. but I was under the impression that event legendaries DID NOT COUNT when completing the full National Pokedex. But I've got all Pokemon besides Darkrai, Volcanion, and Genesect. So... do I need to get all three before getting credit for completing the Pokedex (and the shiny charm thing)? Super annoyed =P

You don't need event pokemon like those to complete the national dex and to obtain the shiny charm. As long as you obtain all the pokemon that are catchable in the games then you can finish it.

Wartortled

You don't need event pokemon like those to complete the national dex and to obtain the shiny charm. As long as you obtain all the pokemon that are catchable in the games then you can finish it.

BLISSEY. I just realized I'm missing Blissey XD So nevermind, lol.

But hi to a fellow Aspy~

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I received the shiny Mewtwo for playing in a Play! Pokemon event (the VGC International Challenge June). I used the code to download it to my Omega Ruby. Anyone know a possible reason for why I could not trade it to my friend? He was playing X. I was able to upload it into my Bank and transfer it to my Y, and I even tried trading it to my Alpha Sapphire, all with no problems. Is he not far enough in the game for some reason? He only has 6 badges at the moment.

Last edited:

Enjolras

Master of the House
So, in my quest to complete the Pokedex, I seem to have run into a bit of an issue. I have maxed out my Eevee's happiness, to attempt to evolve it into Umbreon. However, as I level up my Eevee, it simply does not evolve. When I talk to the Verdanturf Friendship checker, she tells me that my Eevee has maxed out its friendship, but I have leveled up Eevee over 5 times and still no evolution. Anyone have any idea why this is the case? I haven't changed the time on my 3DS anytime recently, although it is not the original 3DS I began the game on. Any help would be appreciated.

BCVM22

Switching systems has the same effect as changing the clock. Wait a few days and it should normalize.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Switching systems has the same effect as changing the clock. Wait a few days and it should normalize.

Hmm. I switched the 3DS used over a year ago. Should have specified that, sorry. It wouldn't still have an effect, would it?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hmm. I switched the 3DS used over a year ago. Should have specified that, sorry. It wouldn't still have an effect, would it?

At that length of time, no.

I agree, that is assuming you've actually played the game on your current 3DS since then. I know all my 3DS consoles that I use to play Gen 6 games get played at least once a month given the current series of event.

I find it's easier to go with 24 hours since your save on your new console/clock time.

I personally make sure I've saved on the 3DS/DS console at least once over 2 days before hand, and not to put that 3DS/DS card in to another Console or Alter the clock. (Some of my DSes are still set on GMT not BST, as I don't play that console much. (GMT is winter time in the UK, BST is British Summer Time.)

ElRojo

When shall I start with Omega Ruby?
I just finished Pokemon X but it's the first game I played again after Pokemon Emerald. Shall I keep playing Pokemon X a bit more so I understand everything better or shall I just start with Omega Ruby now?

MarioGamer159

Quick question. So, I know that some of the legendaries in ORAS appear based on the time or date. I was wondering if it's still possible to soft reset for them, or if I would have to only try at the right time? Like, for example if I wanted a Shiny Virizion, can I save in front of it starting on a Monday and still get a Virizion if the day passes over to Tuesday so long as the save was in front of it on Monday? Sorry if I'm not explaining this well.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Quick question. So, I know that some of the legendaries in ORAS appear based on the time or date. I was wondering if it's still possible to soft reset for them, or if I would have to only try at the right time? Like, for example if I wanted a Shiny Virizion, can I save in front of it starting on a Monday and still get a Virizion if the day passes over to Tuesday so long as the save was in front of it on Monday? Sorry if I'm not explaining this well.

Yes, what you described is exactly what would happen.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im doing a Korean playthru on the 2ds with omega ruby and im trying to get regigigas. i got the time correct 10AM-8pm, the 3 regis on my team with a never melt ice on regice. ive looked at YT vids on how to get him but regigigas never tries to ambush me. each time i get to the ambush spot it gives me a message ending with ........ presumably a note to say that there doesnt seem to anything there atm. what am i doing wrong to get regigigas?

i also have a question on cresselia, is the mirage island spawning for it daily or can it appear on the map along with another mirage island?

BCVM22

im doing a Korean playthru on the 2ds with omega ruby and im trying to get regigigas. i got the time correct 10AM-8pm, the 3 regis on my team with a never melt ice on regice. ive looked at YT vids on how to get him but regigigas never tries to ambush me. each time i get to the ambush spot it gives me a message ending with ........ presumably a note to say that there doesnt seem to anything there atm. what am i doing wrong to get regigigas?

The Regice has to be nicknamed. Seems impossibly inane and arbitrary, yes, but that's the trigger.

i also have a question on cresselia, is the mirage island spawning for it daily or can it appear on the map along with another mirage island?

"At some point, with the daily Mirage Spot change, an island will appear south of Ever Grande City. On this island, you will find a portal that gives you access to Cresselia as well as hidden items. The chances of this island appearing are slim, but you can improve chances by going online and receiving Mirage Spots."

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/legendary.shtml

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The Regice has to be nicknamed. Seems impossibly inane and arbitrary, yes, but that's the trigger.

"At some point, with the daily Mirage Spot change, an island will appear south of Ever Grande City. On this island, you will find a portal that gives you access to Cresselia as well as hidden items. The chances of this island appearing are slim, but you can improve chances by going online and receiving Mirage Spots."

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/legendary.shtml

thank you very much BCVM22. i forgot it had to be nicknamed, i'll correct that very soon when i get the time to catch regigigas. as for cresellia, what sort of process do i need to go thru to get the mirage spot? would trading with a player online ingame be sufficient? these are the only 2 legendaries im still missing and cresseallia is the hardest to get atm for me.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
thank you very much BCVM22. i forgot it had to be nicknamed, i'll correct that very soon when i get the time to catch regigigas. as for cresellia, what sort of process do i need to go thru to get the mirage spot? would trading with a player online ingame be sufficient? these are the only 2 legendaries im still missing and cresseallia is the hardest to get atm for me.

Just going online and collecting Passersby will give you up to 4 or 5 more mirage spots per day. Go online, let the passersby scroll a couple times (best if your doing something in game instead of just waiting for them) then check the pokenav for the mail icon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Just going online and collecting Passersby will give you up to 4 or 5 more mirage spots per day. Go online, let the passersby scroll a couple times (best if your doing something in game instead of just waiting for them) then check the pokenav for the mail icon.

thank you for the reply, i did find a YT vid yesterday showing the poke/buzznav feature which greatly helped to reveal other mirage spots but ive yet to find the cresent isle so far. im currently doing some WT and updating the poke/buzznav to get access to the other spots. im guessing you can only update the mail icon once a day? i tried to get it again after saving the game after getting access to the extra cofagrigus/klink mirage spot.

i think its likely my fault but im not seeing the other people online even after doing a WT, passerby nor acquaintances. i did set my 2ds PSS feature to only allow trade/interactions with those on my FC list (atm its only my other 3ds FC registered). do i need allow random interaction with passerby and acquaintances to get the mirage spot data? i originally set the PSS setting to friends only so i dont get bothered by random battles/trades.

edit: i reactivated passerby interactions and see the players. i got 25 new messages on the mail icon but no mirage spots. im guessing i need 30 mesages on the mail to know the mirage spots are there?

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
How exactly do you upload a Photo from your game to the PGL? I have tried doing it for a few days now, I have done almost everything I could think of, but it just doesn't work. I have successfully done it earlier in X/Y, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't happen here on OR/AS.