• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
How exactly do you upload a Photo from your game to the PGL? I have tried doing it for a few days now, I have done almost everything I could think of, but it just doesn't work. I have successfully done it earlier in X/Y, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't happen here on OR/AS.

I think the upload function is disabled when you turn on the Camera for Contests.

You need to take a shot in the contest before it will upload.

Earendil

I have a bit of an interesting breeding question.

I currently have 2 Snorlax set up in the daycare. They are themselves the products of separate, very lengthy breeding projects.

One is an Adamant male, with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/0. It has a Destiny Knot attached.

The second is a random-natured female, with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/X. It knows Self-Destruct, and has a Full Incense attached.

My question is as follows: is it possible for these 2 Pokemon to produce an egg with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/0? I would ideally like to replace the female with a Pokemon possessing that IV spread. I know the Destiny Knot passes along 5 IVs, but is there any way to control the 6th IV?

welcometorapture

I have a bit of an interesting breeding question.

I currently have 2 Snorlax set up in the daycare. They are themselves the products of separate, very lengthy breeding projects.

One is an Adamant male, with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/0. It has a Destiny Knot attached.

The second is a random-natured female, with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/X. It knows Self-Destruct, and has a Full Incense attached.

My question is as follows: is it possible for these 2 Pokemon to produce an egg with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/0? I would ideally like to replace the female with a Pokemon possessing that IV spread. I know the Destiny Knot passes along 5 IVs, but is there any way to control the 6th IV?

Yes it is possible. Sadly it is completely random, as you guessed, since only 5 IV's are guaranteed to pass. Getting that ideal spread will just take a while, but it's definitely possible ...

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Do I need to delete my current game on AS in order to get event-mon for Sept? I ask becasue I got the on for August and I'm not really sure what to do?

No, you don't need to delete the save. You can collect every event Pokémon within one save. However in some cases, where the event repeats, such as the "Second Chance" Darkrai, you won't be able to get it if you have the first time. Both my ORAS games have saves since Launch.

In the case of a few very active players, who'd gotten 24 events already, you'll need to Delete a card to make room. Ideally you should have picked up Pokémon (or Item) from woman in blue in front of Pokémon Centre's Nurse Station. The Pokémon won't disappear out of your box or Party when your delete that Pokémon's card. Deleting the Card won't enable you to collect the Pokémon again.

The Only time I suggest Deleting a save in relation to events is to collect same Pokémon event again after trading. (I've not done this since Gen 5, but then I was resetting it for other reasons, the event was an excuse.)

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Im waiting to get an unown mirage island on my OR save file and im likely to spend a bit of time catching unown. I know the tricks to get various mirage islands and my question regards saving the file on a mirage island. Can I carry over a mirage island to the next day by saving the previous day on it and remain on that island the following day without leaving it?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Im waiting to get an unown mirage island on my OR save file and im likely to spend a bit of time catching unown. I know the tricks to get various mirage islands and my question regards saving the file on a mirage island. Can I carry over a mirage island to the next day by saving the previous day on it and remain on that island the following day without leaving it?

Yes you'll be on the Mirage Island exactly where you last saved but if you leave the Mirage Island on this day, you may not be able to return to that Mirage Island for the remainder of the day because if you attempt to return to that Mirage Island by soaring, the Mirage Island may not appear on the soaring map.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yes you'll be on the Mirage Island exactly where you last saved but if you leave the Mirage Island on this day, you may not be able to return to that Mirage Island for the remainder of the day because if you attempt to return to that Mirage Island by soaring, the Mirage Island may not appear on the soaring map.

Thank you very much for the reply. I tested out some mirage island saving points during the day it was availble but I wasnt sure if it would work if I let them expire past the 24hr period. I just need to get to the island to tie off some loose ends on my pokemon collection. Im not having much luck on it atm as im getting alot of repeat islands.......

RyeBird

Bird Of Bread
I have been trying for a while now to get an Infiltrator Zubat. I have a female Zubat with Infiltrator breeding with a male Zubat with Inner Focus. What are the odds that I get an offspring with Infiltration? All my offsprings have been Inner Focus so far.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
I have been trying for a while now to get an Infiltrator Zubat. I have a female Zubat with Infiltrator breeding with a male Zubat with Inner Focus. What are the odds that I get an offspring with Infiltration? All my offsprings have been Inner Focus so far.
I don't know the exact odds, but you should get some soon.
By any chance are you just looking at the first egg?

The ability for the first egg is determined when you put parents into Daycare.
The following abilities are determined when you pick up the egg.

RyeBird

Bird Of Bread
I don't know the exact odds, but you should get some soon.
By any chance are you just looking at the first egg?

The ability for the first egg is determined when you put parents into Daycare.
The following abilities are determined when you pick up the egg.
I think you are asking what the first egg ability I got was? In that case it was an Inner Focus

If

Question:

I have not played pokemon at all since January. How is the best way to go about collecting all the 20th Anniversary and mystery gift pokemon through wifi ?? Please and thank you.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Question:

I have not played pokemon at all since January. How is the best way to go about collecting all the 20th Anniversary and mystery gift pokemon through wifi ?? Please and thank you.

The trade section.

The Darkrai event has/will have a re-release going on.

Krullen

Hello all.

I just recently started playing Pokemon. I played out X and AS. And know i wanna replay AS since i caught all legendaries and traded for their counterparts. Which means that after using Pokébank i can catch all legendaries in AS.

Im trying to catch as close to all the pokemon i can to start out from Sun and Moon in which i'm gonna try to get competitive.

My question is can i trade some of the legendaries i have now for event legendaries?

And if so what should i keep in mind?

Is trading via GTS the way to go or should i use a forum?

Thanks in advance

BCVM22

There's no yes or no answer to "can I trade for..."

You're ABLE to, certainly, but beyond that, that's between you and whomever has what it is for which you intend to trade. There's no set value to anything.

The trade forum is here, wherein you can attempt to arrange to trade for what you're looking for. Keep in mind people often have intensely precise specifications as to what they want in return, in terms of species and IVs, so a deal may not always be feasible. Regardless, you're better off trying there instead of perusing the GTS, where users will often ask for an unrealistic return for a given Pokémon and there's no guarantee of legitimacy even if you can meet their demands.

Keep in mind further that transferring Pokémon ahead from Generation VI to Generation VII will not become active until January.

Krullen

So 1 more question then.

Am i correct in assuming that this year we get Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
All of the 20th anniversary event Pokémon come out in the same year.