• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
So 1 more question then.

Am i correct in assuming that this year we get Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect?

Keldeo is in October via wifi, Genesect in November via serial code, and Meloetta in December via wifi. Volcanion will also be in October via serial code. They usually run from the 1st to 24th, although the serial codes run out after a couple days.

ZPM

Does anybody know why the original trainer for 10/16 event Hoopa is "Alexander" instead of GameFreak?

tam9960

Just bought and downloaded Omega Ruby to get Hoopa, since I can't get it in my Pokemon X. How far do I have to get in the game before I can use the Hoopa code? I just got the Pokedex, but that didn't seem to do it...

ZPM

I have encountered two pokemon of mine that have somehow gotten boosted EXP and I have no idea why. I dealt with this issue on my X file as well , though that got solved.

The pokemon were Weedle and a Crawdaunt (sp?).

I didn't put them through Poke Amie, no Lucky Egg, no Pokerus, no trade, no hacks or glitches. The only thing they have in common is that they've spent most of their time in a box and not on my team.

Can anyone help?

KillerDraco

I have encountered two pokemon of mine that have somehow gotten boosted EXP and I have no idea why. I dealt with this issue on my X file as well , though that got solved.

The pokemon were Weedle and a Crawdaunt (sp?).

I didn't put them through Poke Amie, no Lucky Egg, no Pokerus, no trade, no hacks or glitches. The only thing they have in common is that they've spent most of their time in a box and not on my team.

Can anyone help?

Some passerby probably gave you the Exp. Point O-Power.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Passerby as in, someone in the game gave me that power? Because I've never taken my 3ds with any poke game in it outside.

If you were online using PSS, any other person online can give it at random.

There is a reason to do this, using O-powers will grant better ones after so any uses, and using it on someone else will cost less than using on yourself.

ZPM

If you were online using PSS, any other person online can give it at random.

There is a reason to do this, using O-powers will grant better ones after so any uses, and using it on someone else will cost less than using on yourself.

Is there any way to tell if I got a O-Power?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is there any way to tell if I got a O-Power?

A Message will pop up on the bottom screen when you get it.

Another Message will appear on top of the screen once the effect ends.

Any Active O-Power will appear on the top screen when in the O-Power menu.

Dr. Eeviil

O-Powers powered up?

Ever since I got a New! Nintendo 3DS last week and transferred my data over for OR, I noticed that most O-powers are regenerating almost as quickly as they are used. The level 2 Hatching or Experience powers in particular. Normally I get about 1 dot regenerated in the 3 minutes it is up, but now all 4 dots are coming back. Is anybody else getting this, or am I just hallucinogenating?

Also it seems likes eggs are coming out of the Day Care center more often, and hatching more quickly, but since I haven't been timing them or anything I'm not as sure on that part.

One more thing. Lately I've been getting a lot of time-out errors when I connecting to Pokemon Bank or Pokemon Transporter. Anybody else getting this one too?

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Where in OA&AS is a good place to help with egg hatching? Like a route, or... ?
The Battle Resort is a good place to hatch eggs. Start a few steps down from the Day-Care entrance, then go either left or right and when you find the right place, you will automatically be going in a full circle without having to change direction.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Ever since I got a New! Nintendo 3DS last week and transferred my data over for OR, I noticed that most O-powers are regenerating almost as quickly as they are used. The level 2 Hatching or Experience powers in particular. Normally I get about 1 dot regenerated in the 3 minutes it is up, but now all 4 dots are coming back. Is anybody else getting this, or am I just hallucinogenating?
Your 3DS has a pedometer in it (it counts steps). If you get your step counter to 4000 or more steps during the day, O-Power energy is regenerated much faster than if you have no steps.

Also it seems likes eggs are coming out of the Day Care center more often, and hatching more quickly, but since I haven't been timing them or anything I'm not as sure on that part.
A few possibilities:
1) If you've completed the regional pokedex and received the Oval Charm from the professor, eggs have a higher chance of appearing.
2) using pokemon with different orignal trainers (different trainer IDs) increases the chance of finding eggs. Using 2 of the same species of pokemon increases the chance of finding eggs. using 2 of the same pokemon with 2 different original trainers maximizes the chance of finding eggs.
3) Some pokemon require less steps to hatch
4) Two pokemon abilities cut the required steps for egg hatching in half: Flame Body and Magma Armor. You just have to have a pokemon in your team with one of those abilities. Fletchinder/Talonflame is best because you're still able to Fly while carrying 5 eggs.
5) you've been lucky. every 255 steps there is a chance for an egg to appear. yours may have been appearing quickly.

One more thing. Lately I've been getting a lot of time-out errors when I connecting to Pokemon Bank or Pokemon Transporter. Anybody else getting this one too?
Not sure about this one. I'm guessing your 3DS was having trouble connecting to the internet

Where in OA&AS is a good place to help with egg hatching? Like a route, or... ?
just Google "ORAS endless loop" and you'll see videos of where to start riding your bike at the Battle Resort. You can clip your D-pad or put something in the joystick to make your character continue circling the island.

Last edited:

ZPM

The Battle Resort is a good place to hatch eggs. Start a few steps down from the Day-Care entrance, then go either left or right and when you find the right place, you will automatically be going in a full circle without having to change direction.

Thanks for the info, but it turns out I can only access that area after the Delta epi, which I haven't. Is there a better route or area prior to the E4 & the Delta epi?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Thanks for the info, but it turns out I can only access that area after the Delta epi, which I haven't. Is there a better route or area prior to the E4 & the Delta epi?

Not really. I think your best bet, without needing a ton of repels, is to keep going back and forth along the route in front of the daycare. RSE didn't have the greatest setup for hatching, which is why the infinite loop in the Battle Resort was so appreciated.

Do really really need to breed before the Delta Episode?

Dr. Eeviil

Your 3DS has a pedometer in it (it counts steps). If you get your step counter to 4000 or more steps during the day, O-Power energy is regenerated much faster than if you have no steps.

That might be it. I've been carrying around this one a lot more than I did with the old XL.

If you use the route right in front of the Daycare center, stay right next to the fence so you won't run into that one girl that wanders around near the center. Just ride back and forth and try not to go into Mauvaise City.

I've tried the route at the Battle Island, and I don't like it as well. It usually takes me several tries to run into the egg-boy and/or I have to hop off the bike. With the older egg-man, I just run into the fence and slide over until I'm next to him and can pick up the egg. And depending on what I'm breeding, I can get an egg as soon as 1 or 2 round trips. I feel like I would be missing a lot of pickup opportunities going all the way around the island. I can also drop off babies as soon as they hatch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I haven't played the demo in months, so I'm trying to transfer my Glalie into my main game so I can delete this demo & get the one for Sun & Moon. The only problem is that, every time I try, Steven just says "Come back tomorrow and we'll talk."

I'm pretty sure I did all the missions & I didn't change the clock, so what's the problem?

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I haven't played the demo in months, so I'm trying to transfer my Glalie into my main game so I can delete this demo & get the one for Sun & Moon. The only problem is that, every time I try, Steven just says "Come back tomorrow and we'll talk."

I'm pretty sure I did all the missions & I didn't change the clock, so what's the problem?

Did you change your 3DS clock for Daylight saving month ago? If you've not touched the demo since before time change, it may lock you out for a day. I'm Sorry, the only thing I can suggest is to wait a day.